[PAX] - always wondering what people really think about me | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] always wondering what people really think about me

There is certainly a constant swing between being both overly concerned and hurt when I feel I am being seen as something I am not (something bad of course), or being disliked for reasons that shouldn't matter (like being smart, or seem to be) and then being wildly uncaring about what others think and then going off on a mad rant with much fury and harsh words.

I was reading off a MBTI description page on the personal growth of the INFJ and the latter "uncarring" mode of an INFJ is something to be very concerned about. Its not quite the same as being self confident, it's more of being in a "bridge burning" mode where you would tell off anyone and everyone, or act like a dick in general, without a care as to what fallout it brings. It stems from the INFJ trait of having a short temper, when the "personality is imbalanced".

page in question (slow loader):http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ_per.html

The temper and uncaring modes stuff is in the "Potential Problem Areas" and
"Living Happily in our World as an INFJ" sections.

I just wonder how I'll know I'm in the happy balanced state of caring but not enough to effect how I feel about myself? I seem to only be able to care a lot and feel terrible, or not care and ACT terrible.

:m179:how i view myself right now - The thread Killah!
look at how many posts i replied to and then it stops dead cold. It has a certain hilarious patheticness to it :(

There is certainly a constant swing between being both overly concerned and hurt when I feel I am being seen as something I am not (something bad of course), or being disliked for reasons that shouldn't matter (like being smart, or seem to be) and then being wildly uncaring about what others think and then going off on a mad rant with much fury and harsh words.

I was reading off a MBTI description page on the personal growth of the INFJ and the latter "uncarring" mode of an INFJ is something to be very concerned about. Its not quite the same as being self confident, it's more of being in a "bridge burning" mode where you would tell off anyone and everyone, or act like a dick in general, without a care as to what fallout it brings. It stems from the INFJ trait of having a short temper, when the "personality is imbalanced".

page in question (slow loader):http://www.personalitypage.com/INFJ_per.html
The temper and uncaring modes stuff is in the "Potential Problem Areas" and"Living Happily in our World as an INFJ" sections.

I just wonder how I'll know I'm in the happy balanced state of caring but not enough to effect how I feel about myself? I seem to only be able to care a lot and feel terrible, or not care and ACT terrible.
great thoughts and i tend to agree. website was helpful too :)

I'm getting better at not caring what others think of me. But sometimes I can't help but wonder whether or not my friends are talking about me behind my back. I don't necessarily object if they do this out of concern, but I hope that, when they do so, they at least have the courtesy to let me know that they did so, and what was being said so that I have a chance to defend myself.