Alternative Type Groupings | INFJ Forum

Alternative Type Groupings

Quinlan

Right the First Time!
Jun 12, 2008
MBTI
ISFP
Now we all know that Kiersey's temperments suck so what are some alternatives?

My favourite is by strongest extraverted function:

The Cuddle Bunnies
Motto: Free hugs for everybody!

ESFJ
ENFJ
ISFJ
INFJ

The Steamrollers
Motto: Resistence is futile!

ENTJ
ESTJ
INTJ
ISTJ

The Louts
Motto: Let's burn something!

ESTP
ESFP
ISTP
ISFP

The Crazies
Motto: You talkin' ta me?

ENTP
ENFP
INTP
INFP

I've been saying that his temperaments suck for YEARS, but no one ever listened to me.

Anyway, let me use this as my pulpit to advance my pet idea...

NJ and NP temperaments. No, really. It's rather obvious that Ni and Ne do things differently, and that this friction is the major divide in the NT and NF temperaments. Try comparing notes with an INTJ some time about what INFPs do that annoys you, and what INTPs do that annoy them. You'll find a lot of common ground. ;)

Also, I think we should look more closely at the ST and SF temperaments. Is an SF (whether ESFP or ISFJ) not more sensitive, caring, and concerned with people's feelings than your typical ST (whether ISTJ or ESTP)? Can you say that because of being practical and grounded in reality, that T/F is really not as important a part of their worldview to them?

If I'm forced to choose just one, I'd say the best grouping is probably the original NT-NF-ST-SF grouping. But now that Keirsey has brought our attention to it, why not look at the NJ-NP-SP-SJ grouping as well? It only seems logical...

I also happen to like IJ-EJ-IP-EP temperaments, but these are the most poorly defined in function terms.

Last edited: