Adult Romance Genre Fiction | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Adult Romance Genre Fiction

The thing say combine fiction and romance for adults, right....I don't have enough imagination to enjoy that in any language.

And I don't, I speak 3.

i dont have enough imagination to enjoy your remarks.

did you even read any of the things i posted here? have you ever read a romance genre novel? why are you posting about things you dont enjoy and have no interest in thinking about? why should i care about your personal preferences for reading material? you are not contributing in a meaningful way to any discussion on the thread! please go away now and make posts somewhere else about something that actually interests you!

Last edited:
RITA finalists have been announced for this year (a little while ago i think, because some of the titles have rapidly gone out of stock with retail distributors.)

http://www.rwa.org/2014finalists

the nominees for contemporary all sound awesome. im going to have to get an ereader.

this lead me to check out two interesting titles The Firebird and How to Marry a Highlander. As a result of looking them up, I found a fun one to read "My Fierce Highlander." :) After reading about mermaids, it's a nice change of pace.

this lead me to check out two interesting titles The Firebird and How to Marry a Highlander. As a result of looking them up, I found a fun one to read "My Fierce Highlander." :) After reading about mermaids, it's a nice change of pace.

is it historical? i havent read a historical romance.

were you reading romance about mermaids? that sounds kind of cool and interesting. do you prefer fantasy and paranormal, or do you read across all sub genres?

i think my main interest in reading romance is contemporary. when i read contemporary what appeals to me is the ordinary, everyday nature of the characters. they seem like real people dealing with real world problems of how to run a business, how to make things up with their relatives, how to have a healthy intimate relationship, i like stories about good honest battlers and i like feeling that im cheering them on to succeed. i never thought id find myself reading fantasy or paranormal romance. but when i read L K Hamilton it surprised me that what interested me about it was the opposite, was not the everyday nature of the characters but the extraordinary nature of the characters. and i became just as caught up in it.

i dont have enough imagination to enjoy your remarks.

did you even read any of the things i posted here? have you ever read a romance genre novel? why are you posting about things you dont enjoy and have no interest in thinking about? why should i care about your personal preferences for reading material? you are not contributing in a meaningful way to any discussion on the thread! please go away now and make posts somewhere else about something that actually interests you!

Just stay invisible why don't you..your not the only one with preferences, and if I think it's trash then thumbs down the thing. Maniac.

i was looking at ebook readers. i cant decide between the kobo or the kindle. the kobo seems really good and usually i would rather get the product that is not made by the massive corporate giant. but with amazon i know im pretty much guaranteed to be able to get any romance i would want as an ebook, and also very very easily, so i think im going to get the kindle.

ive been thinking a lot about giving a bit more of a chance to other popular fiction also. i think when i was doing my undergraduate i was only interested in literary products, i looked down on popular or more mass market products, i was snobby. but after i finished university i had been reading so much literature, like hundreds and hundreds of pages a week, that my brain had been overloaded by trying to finish my degree, and i found that it was impossible to read almost anything at all. and i told one of the managers at work, and she told me that i should try out a romance novel, and i found i liked it a lot. so now, by trying it out, ive found that there can be other purposes for creative writing products than high art literary type concerns. its OK to read something purely for pleasure. i do really love reading and literature... its the meaning of my life. but reading romance brought the joy back into it. before that it was starting to seem like all work and no play.

im probably going to read Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, and Millennium Trilogy. im kind of excited to read them. and somehow it seems easier to approach reading them with an ereader. im somehow still too stuck up to actually buy those books in paper form.

Just stay invisible why don't you..your not the only one with preferences, and if I think it's trash then thumbs down the thing. Maniac.

when someone has an opinion, the place where they got that opinion from is by gathering information, and engaging with the subject of the opinion. when they dont spend time thinking about the subject of their opinion, and engaging critically with ideas about it, what they have is not an informed opinion, its a mindless prejudice.

i have a tertiary degree in literature, i have obtained an advanced level of formal education that is directly relevant to the material discussed in this thread. ive written a lot of things on this thread about my ideas about romance genre fiction. you have engaged with none of those things that i spent time thinking about and cared enough about to write down for anyone else who might be interested and feel like having a friendly chat about them. you just barged into the thread and started saying how romance genre is filled with shit, for no apparent reason other than that you personally dont like it. you have blithely dismissed any of those things i wrote, as though you are just too good for all of it. have some respect?

youre not interested in engaging with anything meaningful at all to do with this topic. so why should anyone give a shit what you think or say? what gives your own personal uninformed prejudices and unwillingness to meaningfully engage with discussion such importance? you think that just because a thought popped into your head, its automatically as good as the thoughts and ideas of someone who bothered to deeply engage with something? maybe you dont have to think about your preferences because your thoughts are fundamentally more valuable than those of others, who have to spend time working things out? you just mindlessly formulate a prejudice and suddenly its a valuable, well informed opinion? give me a break?

im a maniac? who are you to judge what i choose to care about in life, and spend my time thinking about and studying? thats none of your business. who do you think you are? calling people names?

if you want to actually discuss things, then make an effort to engage with those things, what they are about, and what they mean. otherwise, kindly fuck off, and allow others to get on with talking about things that interest them.

is it historical? i havent read a historical romance.

were you reading romance about mermaids? that sounds kind of cool and interesting. do you prefer fantasy and paranormal, or do you read across all sub genres?

i think my main interest in reading romance is contemporary. when i read contemporary what appeals to me is the ordinary, everyday nature of the characters. they seem like real people dealing with real world problems of how to run a business, how to make things up with their relatives, how to have a healthy intimate relationship, i like stories about good honest battlers and i like feeling that im cheering them on to succeed. i never thought id find myself reading fantasy or paranormal romance. but when i read L K Hamilton it surprised me that what interested me about it was the opposite, was not the everyday nature of the characters but the extraordinary nature of the characters. and i became just as caught up in it.

Yeah, I read two books in a trilogy that was based on mermaids but the romance wasn't the focus of the book, which was nice for a change. I do prefer fantasy and paranormal since I was a kid. It was always my favorite genre of film, television, and now books. however, I'm a slow reader and don't like long books, so when I wanted to begin reading again, I started to see what was available that was free and fairly short but good through amazon kindle, and found a ton that I liked, and it opened quite a few choices. I haven't read as much historical romance but it's a genre I want to explore. I enjoy aspects of greek mythology with a twist. For example, there's an interesting one called "Details, Details, Details" which has a slight philosophical tone in the development of the characters. I've also been reading werewolf trilogies, but not so much vampire stories. I get enough vampire narratives from television and film. I'm always in search of how writers will put their own twist on old myths. One of the only paranormal subgenre I haven't really gotten into yet is the fae, especially dark fae stories. Always on the hunt for new books. I generally choose books with a lighter tone but good story.

Reactions: invisible
when someone has an opinion, the place where they got that opinion from is by gathering information, and engaging with the subject of the opinion. when they dont spend time thinking about the subject of their opinion, and engaging critically with ideas about it, what they have is not an informed opinion, its a mindless prejudice.

i have a tertiary degree in literature, i have obtained an advanced level of formal education that is directly relevant to the material discussed in this thread. ive written a lot of things on this thread about my ideas about romance genre fiction. you have engaged with none of those things that i spent time thinking about and cared enough about to write down for anyone else who might be interested and feel like having a friendly chat about them. you just barged into the thread and started saying how romance genre is filled with shit, for no apparent reason other than that you personally dont like it. you have blithely dismissed any of those things i wrote, as though you are just too good for all of it. have some respect?

youre not interested in engaging with anything meaningful at all to do with this topic. so why should anyone give a shit what you think or say? what gives your own personal uninformed prejudices and unwillingness to meaningfully engage with discussion such importance? you think that just because a thought popped into your head, its automatically as good as the thoughts and ideas of someone who bothered to deeply engage with something? maybe you dont have to think about your preferences because your thoughts are fundamentally more valuable than those of others, who have to spend time working things out? you just mindlessly formulate a prejudice and suddenly its a valuable, well informed opinion? give me a break?

im a maniac? who are you to judge what i choose to care about in life, and spend my time thinking about and studying? thats none of your business. who do you think you are? calling people names?

if you want to actually discuss things, then make an effort to engage with those things, what they are about, and what they mean. otherwise, kindly fuck off, and allow others to get on with talking about things that interest them.

Don't be fucking stupid, what do you mean kindly fuck off, you keep telling me to go away on my reputation but your the one quoting me. Right.

You opinion are trash too on the subject sorry if you care about that but it my "opinion" call me a asshole if you want but I read your whole thing and you seriously have issues, I use to go to exact same thing eeerday until they come took me away.

So what I think of romance and fiction...all I said is I like romance with non fiction then you did your lil ting and went manic.

Please don't talk to me no more unless you apologize.

This is the infj forum that Ive come to love.

Don't be fucking stupid, what do you mean kindly fuck off, you keep telling me to go away on my reputation but your the one quoting me. Right.

You opinion are trash too on the subject sorry if you care about that but it my "opinion" call me a asshole if you want but I read your whole thing and you seriously have issues, I use to go to exact same thing eeerday until they come took me away.

So what I think of romance and fiction...all I said is I like romance with non fiction then you did your lil ting and went manic.

Please don't talk to me no more unless you apologize.

im so sorry, for everything. bye now.

I have a hard on for you.

Hard what core or rocks? As you usually I'm having difficulty understanding your statements cos last time you wrote "thems" and u know that's not a word.

Reactions: the
Hard what core or rocks? As you usually I'm having difficulty understanding your statements cos last time you wrote "thems" and u know that's not a word.

My penis has an erection caused by you and I want to relieve myself inside your butthole.

My penis has an erection caused by you and I want to relieve myself inside your butthole.

Just listen please refrain from that crazy stuff. I swear your a guy. Would you actually say that to a friend...or any member of the public which obviously looks to me like "no reason"?

Furthermore yeah, don't talk to me about fucking penis again I don't care how big or small or fucking whatever!!!

We are not lil kids.

Just listen please refrain from that crazy stuff. I swear your a guy. Would you actually say that to a friend...or any member of the public which obviously looks to me like "no reason"?

Furthermore yeah, don't talk to me about fucking penis again I don't care how big or small or fucking whatever!!!

We are not lil kids.

This is trans hate and I wont stand for it.

im really interested in fiction. ive read all sorts of fictions. all sorts of genre fictions, romance, fantasy, sci fi, crime, erotica. all sorts of literary fictions, by Joyce, Tolstoy, Steinbeck, Nabokov, Byatt, Chopin, Plath, Austen, London, many others. many different fictions 17th-20th centuries. dramatic form fictions, long epic verse fiction. classics, medieval, romantic, medievalist, modernist, postmodern, lots of them. im interested in literary conversation and im happy to share my ideas about why lowbrow fiction is valuable. but i ask that people will please either engage with me meaningfully and with an open mind on this particular topic, or leave me in peace to enjoy the things that are meaningful to me.

Last edited:
21kibh2.jpg

Reactions: Gaze
This is trans hate and I wont stand for it.

Okaaaay so your transsexual, listen I got boundaries as we'll you know now time you call morherfucker and yelling read yeah and your coming to me with some homosexual joke or whatever it's meant to be.

What other things do you like? Am sure we can find some common grounds so unless you gonna play nice you rascal you can kindly fuck or whatever they say.