Adult Romance Genre Fiction | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Adult Romance Genre Fiction

:lol:

Yep.

In conversations with a man who had premature ejaculation issues I discovered research showed women were able to attain orgasms most often when the man could have intercourse with her for around 10 minutes - on average.

When you think about it - the finger was not the appendage designed for having sex now - was it? So why all the emphasis on it? If men want to learn how to give others orgasms - they need to improve mastery over their equipment. I know for a fact both male and female will experience better orgasmic events when they practice making it last.

There needs to be romance novels written on how women help the men keep their erections a long long time. :)

im sympathetic to men who find it difficult to master their equipment. those body parts arent designed to go together just for fun.

but that is an awesome idea for a romance novel. i wish there were more like that.

im sympathetic to men who find it difficult to master their equipment. those body parts arent designed to go together just for fun.

but that is an awesome idea for a romance novel. i wish there were more like that.

Me too.....which is why I suggested a novel where the partner helps the man learn how to master his sexuality and equipment.

Did you see the movie "The Sessions"? It's about a man who has no control over being able to move himself - yet can have erections and feel bodily sensations. He knows he's not long for this world and since he's a virgin he decides he wants to have intercourse. So he hires a Sex Therapist. It's a fantastic movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1866249/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6

read a couple more. finished play-by-play 3 and 4.

book 3 was about a girl who works in a sports bar owned by her family but really she is a singer and she wants to open a karaoke bar. she meets a man who encourages her to "come out" to her family as a musician and to get their support in opening the music bar. the basic idea is that she is so good that when she gets more people listening to her singing and playing guitar (as would be inevitable if she opened and managed the new bar), that she will get picked up for a recording contract and inevitably get famous or something. all this is outside the scope of the narrative, it is just implied that it is the probable eventuality, but she is too shy or not gutsy enough to do it on her own.

i did not like this book much and found it difficult to identify with the character. i found the hero to be too good for her and i could not figure out what attracted him to her. he was a strong and driven character but i thought she was gutless. because i have a personal prejudice type belief that the artistic spirit is irrepressible, and if you are an artist, nothing will stop you from making your art, you will always find a way to do it and get it out ther, even if you modify your dream in some way, you will never allow your dream to die. but i found this character to be a pathetic, weak, fearful artist, who hid her art away as though it were something to be ashamed of. good art cannot come from a place of weakness and fear. all of this disgusts me. however, this is my personal prejudice. i think the artist in the story did realise through the course of the book that art could not come from a place that was "inauthentic", that it has to come from a place of truth and strength. and maybe some people who read this book will derive courage from the story, which is a good thing. and i should not judge other peoples artistic paths. everyone has to find their own way. but this was definitely not the kind of artistic path that i could identify with. when it comes to my art, i am very much "i dont give a fuck what anyone else thinks about the value of my art, i make it, and i know it is art, and that is all that matters."

book 4 was about an "image consultant" who is hired by a big dollars sports team to coach their "bad boy" player how to behave properly for the media. i found this idea very interesting. im not sure why, but this kind of topic interests me a lot. i think that american etiquette is possibly the most well developed etiquette in the world, and i think a reason why i read these american romance fictions is because i am curious about american manners. i think that a very big part of these books is that they are about manners, the right way to go about treating others with respectfulness and consideration. and so i was very curious to find out much more about this "image consultant" (i have never heard of such a thing - i gather it is some sort of subfield of PR), and how she could teach the bad boy to behave better. i did learn something about this, but i think that i wanted more about it. the characters were OK, pretty interesting. i thought that the bad boy was a little bit flimsy, they fell in love too easily, it all went too easily - one minute he is hitting the clubs, the next he has decided that there is not enough meaning in the clubs - in reality, that just does not happen. but the main problem i had with this was too much sex. sex sex sex, every chapter, the same thing over and over again, fingering, muscles clamping down, simultaneous orgasms, sex draws couple emotionally closer, blah blah blah, i just ended up flicking the page over again and again, thinking "when will this end, i want to get back to the story", and "this does not represent a genuine character negotiation".

however, this is what "romance" is, isnt it? as opposed to classicism. the classical temperament is about discipline of the emotions, the romantic temperament is about freedom of emotion.

if there were more Austen, i would read it, but i have already read all of her novels, some of them multiple times. i think the most successful examples of the genre are those that get closer to Austen. i think Austen is the great originator of the genre, and i find it doubtful that anyone could equal her. i just wish there would be less attention to sex, and more attention to characterisation.

this does not seem to stop me from reading however. i seem to go through these books so fast. i dont know why. i want to know more, i want to know everything there is about it.

Me too.....which is why I suggested a novel where the partner helps the man learn how to master his sexuality and equipment.

Did you see the movie "The Sessions"? It's about a man who has no control over being able to move himself - yet can have erections and feel bodily sensations. He knows he's not long for this world and since he's a virgin he decides he wants to have intercourse. So he hires a Sex Therapist. It's a fantastic movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1866249/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_6

that sounds awesome! i remember i saw a trailer for it but i did not know what it was about! i love Helen Hunt! must watch!!!!!! thanks

sometimes i compare it to people who are avid readers of young adult fiction. i dont have anything against reading young adult fiction, but the fact is, that it is deliberately formulated and written to meet the needs of immature minds.

This reminded me of one of my pet peeves in YA fiction. Age differences between love interests. I'm reading a YA novel in which the heroine is a spunky 16-year old teen whose written like a 13-14 school girl with a crush is peered with a too mature 18 year old teen boy written like a 25-27 year old. Despite their supposed two year age difference, it almost seems paedophile-like to wish for them to become a couple since her emotional maturity is closer to a prepubescent young teen on the verge of a relationship with a mature adult.

I've always been annoyed by the poor character balancing of love interests in historical romances. There is always some innocent, childlike young woman who happens to be 18-21 but sounds as if she just left the womb but is about to be off the shelf if she is not married by 22 I guess. She is then peered or caught in a compromising situation with a far more "mature" or worldly suitor who is considered almost over the hill at 27 or 32 (seriously?). It's seems like an underhanded way of having someone who is emotionally 16 peered with someone who is 30-something, but making the age difference seem casual by making their real ages more age appropriate despite the obvious differences in maturity. Many of these stories sound like too arrogant adult males courting wayward or naive childlike woman. Their temperament never matches.

In the modern day novels, it's even worse. Apparently, no one is ever attracted to someone their age. If the male love interest is 28-35 or 40, his love interest must be 20-25. Apparently, women over 30 or 40 are decrepit. :D In any case, the cougar story lines are always so fun. Apparently, all a woman needs to rejuvenate her life is to sleep with a young buck 22-28, and she will regain her youth. Sex with a younger man will solve all of one's problems, and bring true happiness. And it goes on, and on.

The character dynamics are often simplistic and poorly developed. My personal favorite with these novels is how often the conversation is rarely normal or realistic, but always overly dramatic or lustful. There's rarely an awkward kiss or conversation since instant chemistry = love, and intense passion and fire initially felt always leads to great love and sex the next day. Clearly, one always follows the other (rolls eyes). They barely give them time to get to know each other before they're in bed. Everything is about a sudden or immediate chemistry. Having immediate sexual attraction = eternal love.

End rant.

Nothing new really. Just annoying is all. :D

[MENTION=1669]Gist[/MENTION] sounds kinda like you are reading some pretty dreadful quality stuff. the stuff i read has some of those problems some of the time, but definitely not all. some of those problems i dont think ive ever even encountered, such as the age dynamic problem you mention. in the current series im reading i think all the characters have been over 30, with pairs being roughly the same age. where do you find lists of titles to read? try best contemporary romance lists on goodreads? the books you are describing sound pretty substandard by comparison to my general reading experience.

also if you want something high quality to read [MENTION=1669]Gist[/MENTION] dont go past the Rita award lists. the winners have always got something interesting and special about them in my experience. sorry you probably already know this...

@Gist sounds kinda like you are reading some pretty dreadful quality stuff. the stuff i read has some of those problems some of the time, but definitely not all. some of those problems i dont think ive ever even encountered, such as the age dynamic problem you mention. in the current series im reading i think all the characters have been over 30, with pairs being roughly the same age. where do you find lists of titles to read? try best contemporary romance lists on goodreads? the books you are describing sound pretty substandard by comparison to my general reading experience.

yeah, I've been reading the cheap stuff. lol So, that's probably why. When I can afford it, I'll be able to read better ones. I will also checkout goodreads and Rita's list. Thanks. :)

excerpted from (currently reading) Jaci Burton's Play-By-Play series Book 5, "Thrown By A Curve":

Alicia was practically bouncing as she lifted her face to the sky. She turned to him. "It's supposed to snow today."

"Yeah, like a foot of it or something."

"I know. It's exciting."

He caught the grin on her face, and just as he had imagined, it transformed her from pretty to beautiful. Her cheeks rounded, and her lips curved into something so sexy it stole his breath. He tried not to notice, but it was hard not to. "You like snow."

"I love it. I love all weather, actually. There's nothing like a big snowstorm while you're cuddled inside the house in your pajamas with a steaming cup of hot chocolate and a great romance novel."

study study sleep work work romancenovel heaphones sleep sleep romancenovel work work study study sleep romancenovel study study headphones romancenovel sleep headphones romancenovel study study romancenovel sleep study study romancenovel sleep work work study study romancenovel...

I can't believe this list. I'm finding so much good stuff. Makes me want to start a RITA's list book club. :D

glad you like it. i think it really is totally awesome. i think i read that they get over 200 nomination submissions for more popular categories (um i mean contemp) and the people who judge it have been reading romance all their lives so you know that the ones that get picked are going to be good. they have archives of past years shortlists and winners also. so we pretty much never have to run out of good romance to read. (scary thought)

a colleague at work showed me this hilarious article on the internet.

http://deadspin.com/gronk-erotica-exists-and-we-made-it-into-a-movie-1677453352

"Silky ribbons of juicy pleasure wobble through my nethers."
"...
I can feel my pussy wetting in my panties..."

this kind of satire captures so exactly why i flip through the sex scenes in this genre. im just like "give me a break, this is so ridiculous."

im trying to think of the best sex scenes that i have ever read in a book. i guess its from Pauline Reage's "Story Of O", not because those scenes were in any way arousing (they are frightening, violent BDSM scenes), but just because they were so well written. i actually wanted to read them. i thought that what was happening in them was important to the story. and i think that i was right about that.

i think the best sex scenes i have read in a romance novel were in the Molly O'Keefe books that i wrote about before, "Crooked Creek Ranch" trilogy. i can actually REMEMBER one or two of those, and think "yeah, that was pretty well written". usually i forget the sex scenes completely.

usually its all stuff like this (i will make this up according to what i think of sex scenes in romance novels):

WARNING, MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! etc

"I can think of one or two other things I'd like to tune up right now," he said, waggling his wrench at her. He could tell that her panties were wet. She gave him a slanted look, and he jumped on top of her. It drove her crazy.

He tore off her clothes, and she knew what he was looking at. He palmed her sex. "Yes, Christ, right there," she said. He loved that she told him exactly what she wanted. She ran her fingers over his sculpted abs. His cock was really hard and he put it in her really slowly.

He brought her to the edge. "Yes, come in me, Darren," she yelled. "Not until you go first," he said. "No you first," she said. "No you," he said. "You drive me crazy," she said.

She shattered into a million pieces, and they were flung far over the horizons, into outer space. For a minute there she lost herself completely. She was pretty and blushing. His orgasm jettisoned through him as he gave her all that he had.

They parted, and he pulled her against his belly. "I think I know how to give you more orgasms," he said, and she felt his erection against her hip. Her pussy was instantly wet.

Reactions: hush and Kgal
You should write romance novels. :nod:

One thing that's getting tougher to appreciate is the terms used to describe body parts. After seeing the same word used ever so often, it loses it's appeal. Words like cock or shaft, should find some new terms such as "spear, or beacon of light" :D. J/k But I really do think they need to try new words that don't always sound so in your face. Some creativity would be nice. Instead of "pussy", some authors say "sheath" yet the man's body party is never called the "sword or spear". Odd.

Yes, I have been reading too many of these, but let me put this questionable knowledge to use. :D Here's a sample erotic passage.

She crawled on all fours towards the headboard, anxiously awaiting the feel of him against her thigh. She turned and looked into his eyes. He gives her one of those smiles which lightens up his gorgeous blue eyes. He follows her onto the sturdy bedding, kneeling behind her small, rounded buttocks. She mewls, as he reaches over to nuzzle her cheek with his, and moves to place small kisses along her neck and shoulders, sending shivers down her back. Feeling anxious at his nearness but not yet close enough to feel him inside, she feels a lolling ache between her legs. He sees the desire in her eyes, and wanting to feel her statuesque curves sheltered against his back, he reaches around to caress her soft, chocolate tipped cups, pulling her against his broad, muscular chest. Twisting one of her peach shaped nubs while circling and rubbing her labia with the other, intensifies her need, sending her into pre-orgasmic ecstasy. After a few minutes of rapt attention to her breast and nether lips, he pushes her down towards the bed, and positions his engorged tip at the entrance of her taut buttocks. He primes her with a slight nip at the apex of her anus, but decides to hold off. Readying her for his aching tip, he pushes inside with long, skillful fingers, eagerly massaging her anus with increasingly rapid insertions and frantic movements. Plunging repeatedly into an orifice untouched by another, his chest fills with pride as he watches her mouth open and head pulled back, lost in the pleasure of pistoning fingers pummeling her butt. Her body shivers at the sensations building inside, and a moan escapes in gulps as she pushes her apple shaped behind towards his engorged tip, waiting for his moist fingers to exit before another longer, hardened member fills her whole. Growing anxious at the intense pleasure building, she turns, catching a glimpse of sweat glistening his handsome face, his fingers poised to release her. They gaze at each other for what seems like a lifetime, before he poises his engorged tip by the entrance of her anus. She moves her butt slightly in small circles, teasing the tip of the hardened member. Impatient for the next phase, he grabs her hips and pulls her backward, rubbing his fingers along her thighs, reaching further around to stroke her breasts before moving back to grab her butt. He straightens and positions his tip at the entrance, then slowly pushes in, pausing briefly to give her a few moments to adjust to each slight push, knowing she would feel slight discomfort and pain at first. He pulls out slightly, then pushes in further, with a slightly harder thrust. He briefly pauses again, noticing her slight moans, knowing the pain would fade and pleasure would increase. She braces herself before he swiftly gives one harsh thrust inside, sliding inside completely, unable to stop a harsh grunt from the intense feelings her pulsing tightness evinces around his shaft. Starting with smaller thrusts, he begins moving in at a steady rhythm of thrusts, going slower or harder depending on her screams. Turning around to see him thrusting even harder, her cries intensify. Noticing the pained expression in her eyes, and moans escaping soft, full pink lips, he pulls out abruptly. She gasps, as if shocked by the sudden loss. Pleading with her eyes, for him to resume his continued assault on her eager ass, he presses the tip against her opening slightly, teasing her nether lips. Energized by her cooing from the intense euphoria, he surges in, eliciting a high pitched scream, which lowers with each withdrawal but rose with every heightened thrust. She turns again to see him watching her, lean muscle, and hard ass pummeling her with seemingly endless fervor. After an intense build up of quick thrusts, he begins to slow, sliding in and out coolly, gauging her moans as he slows his pace. As the last orgasm peters out, she lets out a final groan, as he pulls out completely. He reaches over to kiss her with tongues entwined in a sweet, moist caress before he pulls away. She smiles, and reaches in for another quick kiss on the lips. He slaps her butt and lets his cum stream across her svelt figure. She coos, wiping a few tears streaming down her face. She would only ever have this experience with him, the love of her life. Her husband was a gifted lover, and her honeymoon in bed with him, was the gift that just kept on giving.

Last edited:
One thing that's getting tougher to appreciate is the terms used to describe body parts. After seeing the same word used ever so often, it loses it's appeal. Words like cock or shaft, should find some new terms such as "spear, or beacon of light" :D. J/k But I really do think they need to try new words that don't always sound so in your face. Some creativity would be nice. Instead of "pussy", some authors say "sheath" yet the man's body party is never called the "sword or spear". Odd.

Yes, I have been reading too many of these, but let me put this questionable knowledge to use. :D Here's a sample erotic passage.

She crawled on all fours towards the headboard, anxiously awaiting the feel of him against her thigh. She turned and looked into his eyes. He gives her one of those smiles which lightens up his gorgeous blue eyes. He follows her onto the sturdy bedding, kneeling behind her small, rounded buttocks. She mewls, as he reaches over to nuzzle her cheek with his, and moves to place small kisses along her neck and shoulders, sending shivers down her back. Feeling anxious at his nearness but not yet close enough to feel him inside, she feels a lolling ache between her legs. He sees the desire in her eyes, and wanting to feel her statuesque curves sheltered against his back, he reaches around to caress her soft, chocolate tipped cups, pulling her against his broad, muscular chest. Twisting one of her peach shaped nubs while circling and rubbing her labia with the other, intensifies her need, sending her into pre-orgasmic ecstasy. After a few minutes of rapt attention to her breast and nether lips, he pushes her down towards the bed, and positions his engorged tip at the entrance of her taut buttocks. He primes her with a slight nip at the apex of her anus, but decides to hold off. Readying her for his aching tip, he pushes inside with long, skillful fingers, eagerly massaging her anus with increasingly rapid insertions and frantic movements. Plunging repeatedly into an orifice untouched by another, his chest fills with pride as he watches her mouth open and head pulled back, lost in the pleasure of pistoning fingers pummeling her butt. Her body shivers at the sensations building inside, and a moan escapes in gulps as she pushes her apple shaped behind towards his engorged tip, waiting for his moist fingers to exit before another longer, hardened member fills her whole. Growing anxious at the intense pleasure building, she turns, catching a glimpse of sweat glistening his handsome face, his fingers poised to release her. They gaze at each other for what seems like a lifetime, before he poises his engorged tip by the entrance of her anus. She moves her butt slightly in small circles, teasing the tip of the hardened member. Impatient for the next phase, he grabs her hips and pulls her backward, rubbing his fingers along her thighs, reaching further around to stroke her breasts before moving back to grab her butt. He straightens and positions his tip at the entrance, then slowly pushes in, pausing briefly to give her a few moments to adjust to each slight push, knowing she would feel slight discomfort and pain at first. He pulls out slightly, then pushes in further, with a slightly harder thrust. He briefly pauses again, noticing her slight moans, knowing the pain would fade and pleasure would increase. She braces herself before he swiftly gives one harsh thrust inside, sliding inside completely, unable to stop a harsh grunt from the intense feelings her pulsing tightness evinces around his shaft. Starting with smaller thrusts, he begins moving in at a steady rhythm of thrusts, going slower or harder depending on her screams. Turning around to see him thrusting even harder, her cries intensify. Noticing the pained expression in her eyes, and moans escaping soft, full pink lips, he pulls out abruptly. She gasps, as if shocked by the sudden loss. Pleading with her eyes, for him to resume his continued assault on her eager ass, he presses the tip against her opening slightly, teasing her nether lips. Energized by her cooing from the intense euphoria, he surges in, eliciting a high pitched scream, which lowers with each withdrawal but rose with every heightened thrust. She turns again to see him watching her, lean muscle, and hard ass pummeling her with seemingly endless fervor. After an intense build up of quick thrusts, he begins to slow, sliding in and out coolly, gauging her moans as he slows his pace. As the last orgasm peters out, she lets out a final groan, as he pulls out completely. He reaches over to kiss her with tongues entwined in a sweet, moist caress before he pulls away. She smiles, and reaches in for another quick kiss on the lips. He slaps her butt and lets his cum stream across her svelt figure. She coos, wiping a few tears streaming down her face. She would only ever have this experience with him, the love of her life. Her husband was a gifted lover, and her honeymoon in bed with him, was the gift that just kept on giving.

:hail: you are the master. :love:

:D I was so nervous posting this. I had to go back and edit a few times. lol

why so nervous? it was awesome and you know it! and you dont have to feel shy about what others might think of you. youre a good person. if people dont like it, forget them!!!! :hug:

Reactions: Gaze