adam, eve, and exhile from eden | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

adam, eve, and exhile from eden

is there any ground to believe that the fall from grace and original sin referred to in the good book could be a metaphor for the fall from bliss we expierence every time we wake up? to me, it seems as though the only time we are truly complete, is when we are asleep, and by that i mean our subconscious and conscious are truly united, if only for a half forgotten moment. Also, could this concept be applied to a metaphor for the childs fall, which could be, growing older, moving forward in time, and simultaniously getting further and further from a time when they were "complete" and by that i mean back in the comfort of the womb, or if thought further, to a time before they were even a possibility? kind of like, a long drawn out yearning for singularity, which, probably can never be reached.

and i am sorry if this question gets a little murky, but this has been running through my mind for awhile, and i just want to get some sort of feedback.

the story of adam and eve...hmmm
i realize it's supposed to be a tale of what happened due to disobedience but i read it differently.
seems to me their 'exile' from eden was more of a decision they made. they always had free will to choose knowledge over blissful ignorance.
eating from the tree of knowledge was their way of choosing to expand their own experiences. and so they did. once they knew what they knew they cannot unknow it.
hence leaving the cocoon of eden.
into the big bad world.
no punishment. merely a decision.

It has no biblical basis, figurative or literal. However I'm sure you can find some new age spiritualist who has said the same thing before.

I rather like these interpretations. It's probable that your (OP) interpretation doesn't have any basis/grounds int he book of course, but oh well. (I was brought up atheist, so I only know the basics.)
The biggest problem I have with the current/popular Bible edition is the translation. I'm sorry that I don't know his name, but I know that someone learned Greek, Latin, English, and so on, reviewed all the Bibles, and there are mistranslations. It's difficult to interpret something figuratively/literally, when anything may be off.
Even so, going with the book, I always thought eating from the tree was a choice like Jgirl. Eve/Adam strove for something more than themselves in the present. Even if we do suffer from unhappiness sometimes as a "consequence."
There's also Lilith ... :D She just got a little angry.

People can read into something they do not believe in quite readily, and almost anything can be used as a motive to do so with attitude added to the twist. The results can be like unto salt and pepper, black and white, and all points in between. The point is to figure what is meant by the writers/authors/messengers/whatever is used. We can add our own twist of lime to change the flavor the way we like it, or we can drink it straight up. Many people push it aside if they do not like the taste of it, but some inquiring minds simply cannot put it down til sense is made of it the way it is.

Why was sorrow in childbearing mentioned? Why was it they both sought to cover their nakedness before anything else when they ate of the fruit from the forbidden tree? Why did the temptation come from a serpent? Why was this fruit from a tree called the knowledge of good and evil? Why was the tree of life then kept from them?

These were my questions when I read the first chapters of Genesis. The answers are found in the writings of the rest of the Bible, along with many new questions.... Genesis: and so it begins.