"A vaccine preventing you from making an infatuated ass of yourself." | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

"A vaccine preventing you from making an infatuated ass of yourself."

I think Sex and Love appear to be different concepts;

sex is biological, love is psychological.

If you use that model, sex without love is as logical as love without sex.

hmmm...

*devises world-wide domination plot*

I think Sex and Love appear to be different concepts;

sex is biological, love is psychological.

If you use that model, sex without love is as logical as love without sex.

I think you are oversimplifying things. The two are not mutually exclusive in their categories. Much of sex is psychological and much of love is biological. They are two different concepts, but they are not boiled down solely to body and mind. The body and the mind are in such an intricate feedback loop that I find it amusing that many people assume one is entirely separate from the other.

That said, I agree that sex without love is entirely logical as is love without sex. One could oversimplify love down to intense attachment and bonding and sex down to the act of attempting to procreate in a manner that is pleasurable. The goals, methods, reasoning, effects involved in both ideas are varying to an incalculable degree, but that is what either one is, in essence. And as with anything, the two overlap all the time.

I'm not sure that I understand your logic.

I'm not sure that I understand your logic.

My Logic is Undeniable...
I+robot+Viki.jpg

How so, Dragon?

On one extreme "Lets just take these drugs so we can focus on our studies and careers and not worry about relationships".

On the other "Lets find some really hot person and drug them" or "Lets get together and both take these drugs".

There are other possibilities as well. The first one might make finding someone interested in dating to be a nightmare because everyone could become work oriented and not care about love and sex at all.

The other problems are that people who shouldn't be together will end up with each other and people could take advantage of others with the drug.

On one extreme "Lets just take these drugs so we can focus on our studies and careers and not worry about relationships".

On the other "Lets find some really hot person and drug them" or "Lets get together and both take these drugs".

There are other possibilities as well. The first one might make finding someone interested in dating to be a nightmare because everyone could become work oriented and not care about love and sex at all.

The other problems are that people who shouldn't be together will end up with each other and people could take advantage of others with the drug.
Point taken.
What's so wrong with not being concerned for love and sex at all?

As for people being taken advantage of by the drug. I agree that it's wrong, because both parties are not giving consent.

Imagining a world without (much) love is pretty grimdark to me.

I'm pretty apathetic about the subject of romantic love. For the most part, I can take it or leave it.
It's not like it makes the world go round...or does it?

This romantic love thing-- if anything, it makes the diamond business prosper and all that cliche jazz. I'm mostly concerned with the economic repurcussions. No one would buy makeup. Men wouldn't buy fancy cars. Jewelry would be out, unless you're buying for mom.

Music would die. Death metal would survive.

It would be a grim place indeed.

(harharhar)

Personally I'd take a nice amethyst over diamonds any day. Does that mean I'm cheap?

Personally I'd take a nice amethyst over diamonds any day. Does that mean I'm cheap?
Hell no.
I think diamonds are boring looking. They sure ain't my best friend. I'd rather go to the mountains and dig up geodes.

Besides. I never even want an engagement ring or wedding band, considering the Romans were the first to put rings on their slaves to claim ownership.

Hell no.
I think diamonds are boring looking. They sure ain't my best friend. I'd rather go to the mountains and dig up geodes.

Besides. I never even want an engagement ring or wedding band, considering the Romans were the first to put rings on their slaves to claim ownership.

I heart you. NO ONE believes me when I say I hate diamonds and I. don't. want. a. ring. Diamonds ARE boring and socially irresponsible. And I'll just lose any jewelry anyone tries to give me, so it'll be a waste of money and time. You want to show me you love me, plan a moon garden. I've always wanted a moon garden. I rather have a token of love that grows and changes, not dead hard things.

You want to show me you love me, plan a moon garden. I've always wanted a moon garden. I rather have a token of love that grows and changes, not dead hard things.

That's beautiful. Me too. A moon garden sounds so lovely.. It kinda grosses me out that love is measured in money. Engagement rings, wedding rings, even weddings.

My cousin had a 70,000 K wedding. It was totally absurd.

My hillbilly family was uncomfortable the whole time. And no amount of money could have made the event classy given her breeding (somehow, she managed to become a successful yuppie. More power to her.)

My uncle Billy was irritated by the gourmet menu and so in the middle of dinner he stands up and announces, "F___ this, I'm going to subway!" And he took his family there. My dad got drunk and blew out one of the giant ornamental candles and got wax all over his face and his thousand dollar tux.

I said, the money would have been better spent on a downpayment for a house or put away for future kids' college tuition.

This is way off topic. Oh well. Let the posts fall where they may.

I agree that love being measured in money is idiotic. My last girlfriend talked about engagement (thank god we never got that far) and talked about how she wanted to spend at least several hundred dollar on a diamond engagement ring, even though I was fine with a simple silver and amethyst.

I'm all for marriage traditions and such, but that one is just silly. I don't even like diamonds. Give me the pretty silver and purple cheap one over the bland see through (but sparkly, I guess?) diamond ring any day. More expensive does not necessarily mean better, but alas few people seem to grasp that nowadays.

hmm, I could use a love vaccine. I fall in love with everybody if I spend enough time with them. It's appalling really. It doesn't even take much. If you tell me you like me first, I'm pretty much instantly infatuated with you. It'll wear off just as quickly if you're a jerk, but if you're on your best behavior...yeah. It would be nice to reign that in a bit.

Um, I like you. MUHUWAHAHAH You're under my spell now...

JK

Yeah, I could use a love vaccine too. Especially since every girl I fall for doesn't have the decency to fall for me too :p