A Tale of Two IQ Tests | INFJ Forum

A Tale of Two IQ Tests

How did your scores compare?

• The first was 15 or more points higher than the second.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The first was 5-14 points higher than the second.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The scores were within 5 points of each other.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • The second was 5-14 points higher than the first.

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • The second was 15 or more points higher than the first.

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

TheLastMohican

Captain Obvious
Retired Staff
May 8, 2008
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
Type me.
http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

http://mensa.dk/testiq.xml

These two tests are nearly identical, with the first being in shades of gray and the second being in color (with more complex patterns). The second one has directions in Danish, but don't let that deter you: it's just a spatial pattern recognition test, so you can easily understand it by looking at the pictures. They are also fairly long as internet tests go (40 minutes each), but you might be able to speed through the first 20-30 questions and finish in as little as half the allotted time if you're in a hurry. (The last few questions take much longer than those preceding.)

I would like to know how great of a difference the color tends to make in the difficulty. When I took the first version, I completed most of the test in about 15 minutes, but was then completely baffled by the last five or so. On the colored version, I advanced at a steadier pace, using all of my time, but felt closer to figuring out the last few. In the end, I scored 13 points higher in the second test.

I scored exactly 13 points higher on the colored test compared to the grey scale. Interesting. Now, what does this mean?

My color IQ is 6 points higher

105 First test
130 second test (age 15 setting)
148 second test (age 24 setting)

On the first test, I got impatient with it halfway through. On the second test, I took it easier this time and used the long time limit to my advantage. The colors seemed like cheating, but they made the test much less boring.

105 First test
130 second test (age 15 setting)
148 second test (age 24 setting)

On the first test, I got impatient with it halfway through. On the second test, I took it easier this time and used the long time limit to my advantage. The colors seemed like cheating, but they made the test much less boring.

lol I don't get why the younger ages got lower IQ's....I thought it was the opposite..

edit:ahh nvm they were deviations xD.

I guess it was set 15 on the second one.