A good deed that goes unrecognized | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

A good deed that goes unrecognized

I rather thing most INFJ would prefer it your way; they get to feel good about having done good without being burned to a cinder by unwanted attention. And, frankly, given an INFJs innate need for authenticity, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the avoiding of the limelight is, in part, due to wanting to make sure thats not why they did the deed in the first place.

Exactly. I'm already careful enough to remain out of the spotlight. This is how I already treat similar matters.

I don't like reinforcing the idea that doing a good deed means payment. Acting like this dispells the annoying myth that anyone that helps you is trying to profit from it somehow. Maybe people will be influenced by the action to do good things of their own instead of praising the person instead. Sort of like Pay It Forward, except anonymous.

I was thinking about this topic, and I just wanted to say...as much as I would be willing to do it without accolades, and might even prefer it, I don't think there's a thing wrong with having your achievements recognized, so long as the recognition is not the motivation.

Yeah of course I would do it. Creating something like world peace would still benefit me anyways. Who cares if anyone knew I did it. Once people realized I was responsibile it could lead to a snow ball of events which end in world conflict.

Yes

In a Heart beat...

Better a good deed unrecognized then a good deed left undone. If I ever Sought recognition, id merely look myself in the mirror.

I've never understood the mentality behind people who do good things purely so other people can see them doing good things.

To me it shows that they are shallow and uncaring people who really only do it because there's something in it for them, even if it is only an image shift I still think it's wrong, and to some extent it's exploitation of those who actually really do need a good turn.

If i had the chance to effect some great change on the world i would do it, even if i couldn't tell a single other person, because I would still know, and that's enough to make me happy.

Even if I were allowed to tell others, I wouldn't go shouting at the top of my voice what a great person I am for solving the problem of world hunger or cancer or something. I know that a lot of people would admire me if I did, and somehow that thought clashes in my mind with the person that I believe I am. I don't want to be admired or praised for something that anyone should do if they can.

The deeed in itself would be enough for me.

So, I ask you. If you had the opportunity/ability to do a tremendous good deed. I'm talking world peace, end world hunger, cure cancer...that kind of thing. But the catch is; you can't tell a soul that you were responsible. You would receive absolutely no recognition, no fame, no fortune. Your only reward is the knowledge that you did something great. Would you do it?

Absolutely.

I

It makes me jaded about the basic nature of mankind. Which I want to believe is good. But the longer I live the more cause for doubt there is.

I think the basic nature of humankind is much like any other living thing: each tries to meet their needs as best they can, with the resources available to them, given the situation.

This may result in behavior that can be morally judged as good or evil, or any number of other ways, and may be morally judged by another in a different way than one