Morgain

defective wisdom
Donor
Aug 20, 2009
MBTI
INFJ again
Enneagram
4w5
This is such a wonderful, sad sad sad story! I really love it and hate it because it makes me cry :D

But does anyone of you has any idea what the hell it is all about??

Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be thinking of you
It's the wrong time
For somebody new
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse

Is that alright?
Give my gun away when it's loaded
Is that alright?
If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright?
Is that alright, yeah, with you?

Leave me out with the waste
This is not what I do
It's the wrong kind of place
To be cheating on you
It's the wrong time
she's pulling me through
It's a small crime
And I've got no excuse

Is that alright?
Is that alright?
If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it
Is that alright?
Is that alright
Is that alright with you?

Is that alright?
Is that alright?
Is that alright?
Is that alright?

No...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VfqBs_6pKg"]YouTube- 9 crimes_0001.wmv[/ame]

cool. I think it's about a person cheating on their partner and feeling guilty about it. the end might be when they shoot themselves.

Beautiful song.

Its about a deeply committed relationship going down the proverbial toilet. One party is cheating, the other doesn't care enough to confront them. The gun in the chorus refers to a definitive decision; either you pull the trigger or you don't. A loaded weapon is serious power, and autonomy; here, symbolizing that the decision to end the relationship is relinquished to the cheating party.

"If you don't shoot it how am I supposed to hold it " refers to this. The party doesn't know how to 'hold the gun' to terminate the relationship, so they're passively waiting on the cheating party to follow through on the action. Of course, neither the cheater or the cheated is willing to do what needs to be done.

Indeed, the 9 in the title isn't arbitrary. In numerology, it refers to the life path of a pacifist and slow to action, which is in direct opposition to someone characterized by a life path number 1, which is the assertive, powerful and self-controlled character needed to "pull the trigger" on a hopeless situation. Hence, it's "the crimes of someone with a 9 personality." Both parties are guilty of the crime here.

That's my take on it, anyway. Go poetic analysis.

<3 Damien Rice/Lisa Hannigan.
I was singing this song the other day.

<3 Damien Rice/Lisa Hannigan.
I was singing this song the other day.
:becky: It was on the radio today, I have search the whole internet to find the title. Thank God I knew it was played in shrek III :D

Great analysis TDHT!!

So according to you they are cheating on eachother? The man on the woman? I have read some reviews online that said they where both cheating there partners with eachother. It is remarkable that all kinds of meanings are given to this song!

there is so much hurt in the song with so much love weaved through it!!!

So according to you they are cheating on eachother? The man on the woman? I have read some reviews online that said they where both cheating there partners with eachother. It is remarkable that all kinds of meanings are given to this song!
That was the impression I got upon reading them, as if each stanza was an internal dialogue. It sounds like this is the moral climax to their relationship, and in the chorus, they come together, as if they are lying there reasoning externally to each other, discussing the implications of how it started, their other lives, and if they can really sustain something like this. Then at the end they finally openly come to a conclusion with each other, where before they were merely thinking inside. Its very bittersweet.

Great song! Have you heard the whole album?