Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
How would you divide up the country ?

State 1, State 2, State 3, ect. in perfect squares from left to right
Much better than random states with random names everywhere (and also easier to remember)

Oh I could have fun with this! The problem is it would likely take me days, maybe even weeks or months to do it. There are so many factors to take into consideration: cities, geography, politics, etc. It would be a logistical nightmare. If I were however to divide up a map first assuming that geography was the only factor (and also assume the country is currently "empty") then I could likely do it. I think I will go try that out, as it is the easiest pathway to take, and I love maps/graphs/etc. :D.

ETA: Eh, nvm this will be more work then I thought it would when all I have is just a basic paint program. Oh well.

I would divide it up like they do at the end of this:

(Don't just skip to the end, it's only 1:40 for crying out loud!)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jNn9SZi07M"]YouTube - Adventures of Scooter McJimmy, Hillbilly Boy Genius - Wonder Showzen - Deleted Scene[/ame]

The South should all be one state (from Virginia down and over through Louisiana, but not including Florida)...limit the influence and damage that can be done by the people who live here. :)

Other than that, I'd have to think on it some more.

The South should all be one state (from Virginia down and over through Louisiana, but not including Florida)...limit the influence and damage that can be done by the people who live here. :)

Ahaha, living in the south, I totally agree!

f*ck that. the only reason "the south will rise again" people haven't won is because of people like me. if i had a dime for every redneck that approached me with, "it'd be better if those people would still be slaves." i'd be rich. someone has to be here to give them "the look."

f*ck that. the only reason "the south will rise again" people haven't won is because of people like me. if i had a dime for every redneck that approached me with, "it'd be better if those people would still be slaves." i'd be rich. someone has to be here to give them "the look."
Part of me wants to laugh at this, but mostly I think I just want to cry. That much ignorance makes my brain want to explodey.

I live in the south. I was born and lived in New England. Trust me, the South isn't really that much worse. It's more blatant. But it's really not that much worse.

What an inspiring concept! Except, I don't know too much about the politics/ cultural groupings of the United States, but it might be interesting to see an ignorant Canadian rendition. I know the geography really well, though. I might actually make the map more complex, just because maps are one of my obsessions :) I'll draw up Canada, too, and post 'em both later!

South Florida and North Florida should be two separate states. :D There would be 20 states total or have some become their own countries.

Of course, please don't anything here^ seriously as i know very little about politics and geography to know how to divide a country. :m052:

I live in the south. I was born and lived in New England. Trust me, the South isn't really that much worse. It's more blatant. But it's really not that much worse.

Of course people everywhere will be ignorant and prejudiced. I guess I see the South as being worse just because I've lived here almost my whole life and view a lot of other places in a more idealistic light. That "grass is greener" mentality, of course, gets periodically shattered when I realize that no place is perfect (for example, the uproar over the mosque in NYC).

Of course people everywhere will be ignorant and prejudiced. I guess I see the South as being worse just because I've lived here almost my whole life and view a lot of other places in a more idealistic light. That "grass is greener" mentality, of course, gets periodically shattered when I realize that no place is perfect (for example, the uproar over the mosque in NYC).

Yeah. I left the south and moved to NY. And after 11 years of living there I learned that ignorance and idiots are everywhere. I was living on Long Island (right outside NYC) at the time of the Mosque thing. Every time I stepped out of my house I had to listen to some idiot or another furiously complaining about it. That got really old really fast. And right after 9 11 (at that time I lived in NYC) I saw pretty awful acts of racism. People would even hang banners over the overpass on the highway with racial slurs against middle easterners.

States should be equally divided by population, just as it is with districts... therefore, squares won't work... the shapes themselves will appear to cluster largely along the east coast and west coast with giant empty states in the middle... but their respective populations will be the same. Of course, this means redefining the states every 10 years.