[PAX] - ... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not comfortable using these sorts of terms in conversation. Maybe it's because I grew up in a part of the US where white people (especially "old" ones, but certainly not limited to them) casually threw around the n-word to describe literally any black person, even going so far as to assign gradations to the term (good n----, bad n----, a n---- who knows their place). I have no experience with what it's like to bear the connotations of such terms, plus the nuance of when someone might find it okay vs. not is too murky. So I simply refrain.
Same here.

This thread makes me laugh because there are people here with such wide ranging comfortability of word usage. Depending on where you've been on the internets and who your friends are, more harsh language can be like a friendly hello, or a heinous act of aggression.

I think this is a big problem online, that valley of difference.

This thread makes me laugh because there are people here with such wide ranging comfortability of word usage. Depending on where you've been on the internets and who your friends are, more harsh language can be like a friendly hello, or a heinous act of aggression.

Absolutely :)
Another reason why it's important to keep in mind the audience you're posting to.

Where I grew up, people cuss as punctuation. Some times it really sounds like "You see this fucking guy? This motherfucker fucking fuck fuck fucked the fucking fuck." and there will be no malice behind it.

Where I grew up, people cuss as punctuation. Some times it really sounds like "You see this fucking guy? This motherfucker fucking fuck fuck fucked the fucking fuck." and there will be no malice behind it.

You're one of the best motherfuckers here, don't forget that

I was only a couple minutes from there. The neighborhood I lived in actually doesn't really exist anymore, there's like two houses left standing.

There isn't much left standing around Detroit. Any time I drive through, it's like navigating through abandoned ruins. Not much exists in Detroit anymore, aside from long ago disintegrated dreams and the empty sprawl from a collapsed auto industry.

But I can still fucking appreciate the fucking beauty in the fuckery I see, despite its collapse. Fuck.

There isn't much left standing around Detroit. Any time I drive through, it's like navigating through abandoned ruins. Not much exists in Detroit anymore, aside from long ago disintegrated dreams and the empty sprawl from a collapsed auto industry.

But I can still fucking appreciate the fucking beauty in the fuckery I see, despite its collapse. Fuck.
Yeah it's drastically different now than it was in the '80s There were more buildings standing back then. Abandoned but standing. Lots of crack though.

Yeah it's drastically different now than it was in the '80s There were more buildings standing back then. Abandoned but standing. Lots of crack though.

Many buildings still stand. But they're empty, aside from the souls who still use them as shelter. I have, however, never drifted though a location with such a sense of gone as Detroit. Empty, decaying, empty, decaying, as I slowly drive through. Painful. Words are not sufficient.

Many buildings still stand. But they're empty, aside from the souls who still use them as shelter. I have, however, never drifted though a location with such a sense of gone as Detroit. Empty, decaying, empty, decaying, as I slowly drive through. Painful. Words are not sufficient.
Especially when you know the buildings that used to be there. And maybe even knew people that lived in there or used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.