25 Struggles INFJs Will Understand | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

25 Struggles INFJs Will Understand

I can sympathize with about half of these (ENTP), but the ones that I did really struck a chord. The ones that I don't consistently experience are 1, 4, 5, 7, 14, 17, 20, 21, 25. Its interesting how different yet similar the two types are.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a new friend who is also an INFJ. Really stoked about that.

Does anyone else have difficulty feeling loved? Or maybe I just choose the wrong partners?

[MENTION=13976]Subbalteatus[/MENTION] it's my no.1 problem ;)

These resonated so much with me, I'm still in awe over how much so. The only one that didn't quite strike a chord was number six. Maybe it's because INFJs being extroverts during the teenage years don't seem to theoretically work out. I'm not certain, as I am the only INFJ I know of.

I have a small, close ring of friends, and we laugh in our own world, separate from the school dances and wild parties. I don't really want to extrovert when I know that as a female, I am at a disadvantage given the rampant hookup culture and the resulting skewed gender dynamics at my school.

These resonated so much with me, I'm still in awe over how much so. The only one that didn't quite strike a chord was number six. Maybe it's because INFJs being extroverts during the teenage years don't seem to theoretically work out. I'm not certain, as I am the only INFJ I know of.

I have a small, close ring of friends, and we laugh in our own world, separate from the school dances and wild parties. I don't really want to extrovert when I know that as a female, I am at a disadvantage given the rampant hookup culture and the resulting skewed gender dynamics at my school.
Extraversion doesn't mean you like to be around everyone. It means you can be around people you like for a long time without needing to be alone.

I actually AM an extravert and I hate being around most people, but I'll talk for hours if they have insightful things to say and can keep up with me. I see extraversion more as not needing to be alone, rather than rampant socialization.

Extraversion doesn't mean you like to be around everyone. It means you can be around people you like for a long time without needing to be alone.

I actually AM an extravert and I hate being around most people, but I'll talk for hours if they have insightful things to say and can keep up with me. I see extraversion more as not needing to be alone, rather than rampant socialization.

Wow, that was really interesting, insightful. I'll have to think about this more.

Elaborating on my thoughts: I see extraversion as an orientation to the outer world. So I see it including socialization, but more importantly, including an emphasis on the outer world that I quite frankly find myself lacking at times. I imagine an extrovert would be more concerned about these social events and about interacting with more people, and try to engage with the outer world more so than an introvert.

Then again, as an introvert, I may be skewing the definition of extraversion. Is this what you've experienced as an extrovert?

Yes and no. Focus on the outer world is spot on but I do sometimes spend hours introspecting (but I attribute this to my overdeveloped Ni)

The main difference is willingness to initiate or disengage from socialization. I will NEVER turn down an invitation to do something with a friend purely because I don't feel like it and I am rarely the first person to leave. I have some introverted friends who will suddenly want to go home, which is perplexing but I accept it and understand it in a disconnected, Fe sort of way.

All humans experience a need for socialization on some level. Interacting with other minds is how our own account for the subjective nature of our perception of reality (don't get me started on Relativity applied to socionics, I wont shut up haha). This is most obvious in people with underdeveloped Xe functions, they suffer from looping Xi functions that manifest as personality disorders like Narcissism, Schizoaffective disorders and Borderline Personality disorder.

Narcissism is actually looping Ne-Fe, but thats because they didnt get enough of the right kind of socialization.

Yes and no. Focus on the outer world is spot on but I do sometimes spend hours introspecting (but I attribute this to my overdeveloped Ni)

The main difference is willingness to initiate or disengage from socialization. I will NEVER turn down an invitation to do something with a friend purely because I don't feel like it and I am rarely the first person to leave. I have some introverted friends who will suddenly want to go home, which is perplexing but I accept it and understand it in a disconnected, Fe sort of way.

All humans experience a need for socialization on some level. Interacting with other minds is how our own account for the subjective nature of our perception of reality (don't get me started on Relativity applied to socionics, I wont shut up haha). This is most obvious in people with underdeveloped Xe functions, they suffer from looping Xi functions that manifest as personality disorders like Narcissism, Schizoaffective disorders and Borderline Personality disorder.

Oh, I had never considered this point. That's true, isn't it? I do agree that there is a spectrum of extraversion and introversion, so of course all humans will have a need to socialize. It is our willingness to what extent of socialization that probably places us in one camp or the other.

This is the first time I've ever heard of Ni being discussed in an ENTP...how does that work?

I mostly use it to read people or offer advice....which unfortunately does not extend to my own life

Insightful. Likey. And hilarious.

I can relate to a lot of them.

Only I don't know if this is.....INFJs or.....well, a lot of these sounds to me like a stepping stone for growth; how we handle the problems and consequences of possessing certain traits that does not seem to be exclusive to INFJs.