- Make generally on-topic, substantive and cleanly organized contributions to threads.
- Minimize the following in your posts:Because members use a variety of browsers and forum layouts, standard formatting is encouraged.Chatspeak
Text in ALL CAPS, bright colors, or sizes larger than 3
Non-English language outside of the Writing and Languages section
Errors in spelling and grammar
- Restrict discussion inappropriate for minors to the Mature Topics section.
- Keep one and only one active account, unless given explicit permission by staff.
- Abide by staff decisions and directives pertaining to individual cases, provided they do not conflict with the stated rules.
- Use the forum to disseminate indecent, obscene or pornographic material.
- Use the forum to violate or conspire to violate United States federal law.
- Attack or provoke another member or group of members by means of insult, ad hominem, rudeness or button-pushing.
- Disturb the peace of the forum via hostile advancement of religious, political, ethnic, sexual or other agendas.
- Violate privacy or compromise anonymity of other members without their permission.
- Use the forum to advertise for personal gain.
- Display vulgar or garish signatures, avatars or profile fields.