You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

.. when you suddenly stop in the middle of the sentence because in your mind you already finished it and moved to the next topic.

That one seriously made me "LOL" :rofl:

Usually my ESTP wife stopped paying attention half way through the sentence anyhow :)

Reactions: Resonance
New one:

You get pissed off at needing to go to a doctor because you know exactly what's wrong with you, what it's causing, why it's there, the symptoms, the root cause and the result of all of it. And you know the doctor is going to go through the whole song and dance when you go for the visit, despite what it is you tell him, then get stuck on some minor detail or side-effect that has nothing to do with the actual cause of the problem. Yet you need a doctor to put it in medical lingo to write you a prescription.
Yes, that's why I dislike visiting the doctor.

Reactions: JTD
New one:

You get pissed off at needing to go to a doctor because you know exactly what's wrong with you, what it's causing, why it's there, the symptoms, the root cause and the result of all of it. And you know the doctor is going to go through the whole song and dance when you go for the visit, despite what it is you tell him, then get stuck on some minor detail or side-effect that has nothing to do with the actual cause of the problem. Yet you need a doctor to put it in medical lingo to write you a prescription.

That one seriously made me "LOL" :rofl:

Usually my ESTP wife stopped paying attention half way through the sentence anyhow :)

Haha that's a perfect fit then.

New one:

PREACH !

I dont usually go to the doc anyway. And when i do it is really bad and i do know what would be
te most likely cause of it. And the doc just starts going on about who know what.

Seriously, this is SPOT ON !

Re: Doctors

It helps to just imagine all the morons going in there having seen an episode of house or something and self-diagnosing with something totally off-the-wall. If your doctor doesn't know you very well, they won't be aware of your amazing analytical capabilities. So of course if you don't go very often...then he'll see you as one of those. I know it's frustrating to be boxed up like that, so I think the best solution is to work on a good relationship with your doctor.

Last time I went to mine, I basically told her everything that was up with me, and she asked "Ok, sounds good. What do you need?" and I listed a few referrals and a medication. Of course, she had to tell me the latest in IBS diet assessment, but she just gave me a booklet with the details and told me what her expectations were. In and out, 10 minutes and 4 different issues resolved :)

You know you're an IN(something) when... HOLY CRAP I HAVEN'T EATEN IN 9 HOURS WHAT WAS I EVEN DOING

Last edited:
Reactions: grt$5vb
You know you're an IN(something) when... HOLY CRAP I HAVEN'T EATEN IN 9 HOURS WHAT WAS I EVEN DOING

Yea, people don't understand when I tell them I just forget to eat sometimes due to being lost in thought or some kind of project.

Yea, people don't understand when I tell them I just forget to eat sometimes due to being lost in thought or some kind of project.
It's one reason I prefer to hang around friends...

"Hey, Claire, you gonna finish that teriyaki or what? You bought it like 3 hours ago and you only ate like a quarter of it. And you wonder why you're so skinny."

...when you try to think of a word to express what you're trying to convey, and after hours of googling and thesaurusing and stuff you're forced to conclude that there isn't one.

...when this happens so often that you just start making words up.

Reactions: ScotchandBoots
You know you're an INFJ when you find beautiful things to be tinged with pain or sadness. Oftentimes because there's no one next to you to enjoy it with you.

Reactions: ScotchandBoots
When you feel like you can see right through everyone, but no one "gets" you. And it gets really old and tiring.

same

You know you're an INFJ when you find beautiful things to be tinged with pain or sadness. Oftentimes because there's no one next to you to enjoy it with you.

So true Wyst...

Not only is there no one next to you to enjoy it - even if they were looking at it with you - they wouldn't understand the full depth of the beauty.

You get excited to hang out with friends, then after a few hours you get annoyed and want to be alone

Reactions: grt$5vb