Yume Nikki | INFJ Forum

Yume Nikki

Cecilff2

Emancipator of Poultry
Mar 18, 2009
MBTI
Finland
Enneagram
Yume Nikki is a psychological sort of game where you explore dreams.

The game is very abstract and the only goal your given is to find the 25 dream effects and place them in the dream nexus. The game will not explain what anything in it means and it's up to you to interpret it if you wish.

Even though you can't be killed or attacked or anything, the game seems to emanate this weird sense of dread. Some of the locations or places you find just seem disturbing.

An example of what typically goes on

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qnnz4MSRkc]Video[/ame]

This game seems maybe unnecessarly difficult, but I really really like the concept of the dream setting. For example, transforming into a stoplight with the ability to stop things is just an excellent idea.

I've played it. It's a fascinating game, though it eats up a lot of time because there is almost no explanation of any goals or rules (although this is kind of the point, because you're supposed to enjoy the scenery and explore).

I liked how innovative and weird it was, but I wish there had been some resemblance of a coherent story. Playing it left me wanting answers like why is the protagonist living by herself? Who are the people/things she meets? Etc. Overall, I would highly recommend it to anyone who has patience and a strong sense of curiosity.

creepy indeed, though the idea of a game with limited boundaries does sound intriguing.