Yume Nikki | INFJ Forum

Yume Nikki

Discussion in 'Computer Science' started by Cecilff2, Sep 7, 2010.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
More threads by Cecilff2
  1. Cecilff2

Cecilff2 Emancipator of Poultry

Threads:
    MBTI:
    Finland
    Enneagram:
    Yume Nikki is a psychological sort of game where you explore dreams.

The game is very abstract and the only goal your given is to find the 25 dream effects and place them in the dream nexus. The game will not explain what anything in it means and it's up to you to interpret it if you wish.

Even though you can't be killed or attacked or anything, the game seems to emanate this weird sense of dread. Some of the locations or places you find just seem disturbing.

An example of what typically goes on

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qnnz4MSRkc]Video[/ame]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mooseman

mooseman Local Claviger
    Donor

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    9-ish
    This game seems maybe unnecessarly difficult, but I really really like the concept of the dream setting. For example, transforming into a stoplight with the ability to stop things is just an excellent idea.

3. SPQR

SPQR Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    N/A
    I've played it. It's a fascinating game, though it eats up a lot of time because there is almost no explanation of any goals or rules (although this is kind of the point, because you're supposed to enjoy the scenery and explore).

I liked how innovative and weird it was, but I wish there had been some resemblance of a coherent story. Playing it left me wanting answers like why is the protagonist living by herself? Who are the people/things she meets? Etc. Overall, I would highly recommend it to anyone who has patience and a strong sense of curiosity.

4. bagelriffic

bagelriffic Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    infj
    Enneagram:
    5 sx
    creepy indeed, though the idea of a game with limited boundaries does sound intriguing.