Your guy's thoughts would be much appreciated. | INFJ Forum

Your guy's thoughts would be much appreciated.

ENTroP

Community Member
Nov 24, 2009
MBTI
ENTx
I copy pasted this from a conversation with Mohican. Thought it summed up my predicament nicely:

The thing is, I fluctuate (ENTP to ENTJ). Depending on situation, I swap my lead functions. I've realized this gradually, and only really started noticing when my ISTP friend (in particular, there have been others), commented on my mobilizing/change affecting behaviors. When I am relaxed, no pressing goals, nothing to work on, I am Ne dominant, constantly barraging my surroundings with what if and whimsy and loose connections.

When I am presented with a challenge, be it a lengthy lab, or group assignment, or something as mundane as cleaning the house, Te takes over. It is a seamless swap, something that I have only become aware of as I have learned more about MBTI, and all that jazz about cognitive functions.

To clarify, my buddy commenting on my disparate attitudes came first, lol, before I was really into MBTI so much.

Is this common? Is it even possible? I would say from personal experience, yes, but I don't know... I'm in ENTJ mode right now, btw. Te dominant, am studying for finals, so that kicked it in.
progress.gif

Don't be afraid to educate me if I sound like an idiot, btw.

Just noticed spell fail in title btw. Should be guys'*

Last edited:
Based on your ranked responses to the 120 phrases...
- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ne- 19 bars[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Te- 17[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Ti- 16[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Fe - 6[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Se - 6[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Si - 4[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]- [FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Fi- 3[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]-[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Ni- 0[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Your Possible Type Code[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]According to the traditional sorting method of finding the most-used functional pairs (such as Fi-Ne), your type might be:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Possible result: ENTP[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]We are also trying a new sorting method to try to indicate best-fit type. This method is experimental and may not match your type. [/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Possible result: ENTP[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Developmental Curve[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]This model attempts to graph a 'developmental curve'. Theoretically, people should choose simpler, less sophisticated aspects of the cognitive processes more often than they choose complex, more sophisticated aspects. The simpler aspects of each process are necessary to perform the more sophisticated aspects! However, because the phrases are in development, this measure has questionable validity. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your self-assessment curve = -0.5[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]-- A curve less than 0 indicates you checked simpler phrases more often than sophisticated ones. This is expected, although a particularly low number (more than -10) might happen if the phrases were particularly unclear to you, or if you under-estimated your abilities.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]-- A curve greater than 0 indicates you checked sophisticed phrases more often than simpler ones. This would be counter to a developmental model and might happen if many phrases are badly written or if you have over-estimated your capabilities.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Most-Used Processes[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Based on your response, these are your top three cognitive processes in use:[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]
Ne : Interpreting situations and relationships; picking up meanings and interconnections; being drawn to change 'what is' for 'what could possibly be'; noticing what is not said and threads of meaning emerging across multiple contexts.
[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Te : Ordering, segmenting; organizing for efficiency; systematizing; applying logic; structuring; checking for consequences; monitoring for standards or specifications being met; setting boundaries, guidelines, and parameters; deciding if something is working or not.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Ti : Analyzing; categorizing; evaluating according to principles and whether something fits the framework or model; figuring out the principles on which something works; checking for inconsistencies; clarifying definitions to get more precision.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica][/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your Developmental Report[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Your pattern of responses indicates a developmental level in each cognitive processes. Since this is experimental, this report may be in error.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Ni[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]You are generally not aware of engaing in this process. You find it bothersome and unhelpful from others and question its value. You may mistake its use for something else. You may avoid or try to shut down situations that involve this process.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Si,Fi[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]You notice this process and enjoy when others use it but only occassionally find yourself engaging in it. You may marvel at others who do it very well. It doesn't appear useful to you personally and can annoy you if others use it too much.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Se,Fe[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]You value this process as a helpful aid, even if you do not engage it that often. You trust it contributes to life, particularly when done by others who do the process well. You might recruit others to help you do this process for you.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Ti[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]You create value, aid others and get things done everyday using this process. You function well here, know all the ins and outs, strengths and limits of this process. You have made this process your own, something personal and unique to you.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]Te,Ne[/FONT][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Geneva, Verdana, Helvetica]You sustain and grow yourself and those around you long-term through this process. You are at your best, your peak creative and leadership moments when engaged in this process. This is a lead role; it is who you are and what you truly do.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Last edited:
maybe you can do one of these tests to see what the strength is of your individual functions?

http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/assessment/develop_old.html
http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/mmdi/questionnaire/

I don't know much about Te so I can't enlighten you in that. I would think that your non-stress mode is your base type. So that whould be ENTP than. What is the strength of your Ni and Ti? And with which of the two types mentioned to you associate the most?

Definitely Ti. I don't even understand the purpose of Ni, after reading the description. It seems like a weaker version of Ne? Please enlighten me, I'm sure I'm wrong about Ni, I just don't understand it.

Last edited: