Your Favorite and Worst Movie Plots | INFJ Forum

Your Favorite and Worst Movie Plots

Odyne

===========
Banned
Aug 19, 2009
MBTI
Enneagram
I don't mean movies, I don't mean genres, I mean movie plots. Elements, twists, aspects, etc. that you appreciate or dislike in movies.

You may include plots in novels and other works of fiction.

For example, I am tired of always having the hero fall for this girl and then she's with him all the time on his action packed journey while slowly developing and exploring a romance, and then bam! the long awaited sex scene.

I also dislike emotional twists, such as love triangles, cheating in a marriage, sexual affairs, etc. I find it absolutely boring.

I like plots that explore and focus on human nature (individually or when in groups, preferably the latter) at its most distressing situations, natural disasters, apocalyptic events. The Mist is a perfect example of that.

There is more but I'll keep it short for the OP.

What about you?

Edit: Please, don't just post movie titles. It defeats the purpose of this thread.

Last edited:
I don't mean movies, I don't mean genres, I mean movie plots. Elements, twists, aspects, etc. that you appreciate or dislike in movies.

You may include plots in novels and other works of fiction.

For example, I am tired of always having the hero fall for this girl and then she's with him all the time on his action packed journey while slowly developing and exploring a romance, and then bam! the long awaited sex scene.

I also dislike emotional twists, such as love triangles, cheating in a marriage, sexual affairs, etc. I find it absolutely boring.

I like plots that explore and focus on human nature (individually or when in groups, preferably the latter) at its most distressing situations, natural disasters, apocalyptic events. The Mist is a perfect example of that.

There is more but I'll keep it short for the OP.

What about you?

abandon mainstream media (this includes the internet and so called alternative) for breaks away from genre rhetoric.

I honestly like movies of all types... but I really enjoy a good revenge story (Man on Fire, Gladiator), and plots that explore human psychology (Return to Paradise).

A relatable protagonist is a must for me... I need to be able to understand their decisions/motives; I like putting myself in their place and going through an emotional rollercoaster. It's a situation I will likely never come across in life, but in viewing these films I gain some understanding of their personal struggles/experiences.

I don't know if I've seen many films that I dislike... ah, those creatures ones that show up on sci-fi with the incredibly corny acting/ effects. I've watched far too many of those, it's like a train-wreck I can't look away from.

Human drama, excluding sex and romance. It can be violence, it can be psychological, war, etc. I find real life situations more entertaining and enthralling than the off-the-wall fantasy. I really like the courtroom drama types of books and movies for some of this - Grisham is probably one of my only favorite "modern" authors due to this taste of mine.

Some people find it ironic that I can be such a pacifist but still really like, watch and re-wach war movies (Band of Brothers for instance). Yet it's the human aspect of those movies that I really fall in love with. The fact that death is also treated as a serious, catastrophic event and not down-played like so many other movies do.

I'll also admit that I like rooting for the underdogs a lot of time. I don't especially like sports, but can still appreciate a good sports movie now and then (The Natural, Major League, etc.) thanks to the fact that they usually focus on the underdogs.