Xenophobia | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Xenophobia

In my opinion the problem with xenophobia is simple, it is based on fear and hatred which are irrational emotional reactions. Fear and hatred are normal human states but important decisions need to be made in a rational manner that keeps emotions under control.

It is responsible to protect one's self and country from dangerous ideologies, but it is also dangerous to develop counter ideologies against entire groups of people who are different but in essence no more dangerous than your neighbour.

I don't see anywhere on this thread mentioning racism. Xenophobia is not racism, it is a fear of foreigners, which can just as easily be people of the same race but different cultures. Many of the comments on here are well thought out and respectfully discussed so I'm not sure why the suggestion for people to butt out.

Read the thread.

Reread my post.

Get it right.

In my opinion the problem with xenophobia is simple, it is based on fear and hatred which are irrational emotional reactions. Fear and hatred are normal human states but important decisions need to be made in a rational manner that keeps emotions under control.

It is responsible to protect one's self and country from dangerous ideologies, but it is also dangerous to develop counter ideologies against entire groups of people who are different but in essence no more dangerous than your neighbour.

Well, in Sweden they performed a study that revealed that North Africans are twenty-three times more likely to rape than native Swedes. So, is a North African neighbor more dangerous than a Swedish one? Hmm.

mLFoftl.png

Last edited: