WW2 theory | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

WW2 theory

it was arguable as a strategic necessity given the inevitable standoff that was already brewing even before the war's end.
The inevitability is debatable. Truman exacerbated the U.S./soviet tension and irritated the Russians immensely in a variety of ways.

Reactions: infinite dreams
Can you imagine that in German schools they still send you on a guilt trip, instead of really educating you in history? After the third repetition of the topic Third Reich I couldn't listen anymore. I learnt on this one page of this single thread more than in school. And that is saying something. Sorry that it doesn't really contribute, but I just thought you should know.
I'm sorry to hear that Ginny, I can only imagine how that must feel especially if you are a German citizen actually interested in history and keep being fed the same redundant information over and over again. I didn't like that with U.S. history and U.S. history is all so triumphant and positive that repetition with the opposite, negativity, I can only imagine must be very unpleasant.

Reactions: Ginny
I'm sorry to hear that Ginny, I can only imagine how that must feel especially if you are a German citizen actually interested in history and keep being fed the same redundant information over and over again. I didn't like that with U.S. history and U.S. history is all so triumphant and positive that repetition with the opposite, negativity, I can only imagine must be very unpleasant.

Afterwards, it's always a question of where to find information that is actually relevant and from a trustworthy source. Most documentaries are too specifically focussed on one minor aspect, and hardly ever is there any that focusses contextually on international affairs. That would have been more helpful to learn than all the significant things that happened on the 9th of November.

Afterwards, it's always a question of where to find information that is actually relevant and from a trustworthy source. Most documentaries are too specifically focussed on one minor aspect, and hardly ever is there any that focusses contextually on international affairs. That would have been more helpful to learn than all the significant things that happened on the 9th of November.
Even though its primary focus is U.S. History, I highly recommend Oliver Stone's Untold History Of The United States, particularly the two prologue episodes for just this reason. It does a good job of giving you a critical view of the world at any given moment in History and adds a lot more context to things like WWII or Vietnam or the war on terror. Have no idea if it's available outside the U.S. though, that kind of thing is usually determined by the importing country's censorship and distribution laws and basically almost never because of the U.S. being unwilling to export something so you'll have to find out for yourself. It's a great documentary though, and I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in history.

Reactions: Wyote