Would You Save a Baby From a Burning Building? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Would You Save a Baby From a Burning Building?

Would You Save a Baby From a Burning Building?

• If it was baby H, yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • If it was baby H, no.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It wasn't about them seeing our motivation to be parents, it was them seeing the value of life and courage. If you set an example that you don't care for others (as a parent) then the child will see that as the normal behavior. If the parent is seen as some kind of coward then the child will lose respect for them as a person. Children learn by example, not just words.

It was not about my needs or feeling. What possibly could I gain from running my ass into a burning building other than personal harm to myself.

Granted, that part of the post was really secondary, to actually helping a baby that was in need.

That's what I was saying.
Sorry I should have clarified general you in my post. It wasn't directed at you specifically but people as a whole.

Sometimes we cant lead by example. I mean who doesn't want better for their children than they have for themselves.

Reactions: hn87c901
Wait, so people don't read the books before seeing the screen versions? :dizzy:
MboYSMd.jpg

#readingisfundamental
We had to watch Watership down and write a report on it in elementary school. I never had the desire to read the book after that.

What if the burning building was an orphanage?

What if the parent was already dead inside from trying to save the baby?

I think that me wanting to save the baby and provide for it gives you a pretty good idea of my character as a person. Obviously those situations would be sad indeed. In both of those situations I would still want to keep the baby and raise it as my own. The act of saving its life would have already imprinted a deep bond and it would be a good thing. I would totally do this illegally and raise the baby to be an assassin of course. This baby would be an assassin of criminals though, so I think it would balance out in the end. I would also allow the military to turn the baby into a super soldier. That way it would be able to kill all the criminals with ease I would also provide it with a Pegasus for it's steed and it would shoot rainbow bolts and fart money.:tearsofjoy::tongueclosed::tonguewink:

I might save ten babies from a burning building, or only six. Depends on my mood at that moment. :tonguewink:

Reactions: infinite dreams
Yep. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't try.

Why the hell do people always ask me if I would save this or that life? Whatever happened to easy moral dilemmas?

Q. Would you steal to feed your starving family?

A. 1) No. Stealing is wrong. /Javert
2) Bitch, seriously?.
3) Teach a "family" to fish...("Kiss the ring, my son")

Last edited:
I might save ten babies from a burning building, or only six. Depends on my mood at that moment. :tonguewink:

"Pump and Dump (now with real people)")

Human trafficking is just indentured servitude, 5.0.

1. Turn a quick profit by selling the baby top dollar. The touching backstory will increase market value.

2. If the baby is not blessed with white skin, then keep it and nurture its natural talents. When it turns 12, turn it out!

3. GoFundMe. Solicit donations and spend the money on yourself. (What??? That's what foster parents do.)

So, even one baby can be a wise investment.

*Disclaimer: I mean none of this.*

A building is on fire and as you stand watching the flames engulf the building, you hear a baby crying. What would you do?

If I'm the "only" resort for the baby survival and I'm sure that my personal safety is guaranteed (after personally counting all the risk variables, cost-worth analysis to do this, etc in my head) then, sure.. if it only costs me my sweat and effort to rescue the baby, why not?

The fact everyone is overlooking the obvious is maddening.
The question poses two outcomes. You either save the baby or you do not. It's "would you." There's no suggestion of trying or failiing only "would you."
So either you do save the baby or you ignore the baby and let it die. In this scenario who would honestly let the baby die.
Make the question more interesting like, "A baby is crying and you have a 50 % chance of either saving the baby and yourself or a 50% chance of attempting to save the baby and dying with it in the process." Would you try.....

After thinking about this response tor a long time, I tend to agree. It's seems like everyone wants to pose excuses or give elaborate reasoning. But basically you either try and succeed, or let the baby die.

Reactions: acd
Yep.
Easy one.