World of Warcraft Classic | INFJ Forum

World of Warcraft Classic

Daustus

What came first, the music or the misery?
Feb 13, 2019
USA
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Put on your nerd hats! I'm a huge World of Warcraft fan. I used to be a hardcore player that would spend upwards of 40 hours a week online back in college. I play casually now. I'm talking like 2-4 hours every other weekend.

WoW Classic released earlier this month and a small group of my long term WoW friends are coming back to play the version of WoW that I remember and love. IF anyone plays or wants to play send me a PM. I'm quite excited to revisit this era of WoW. No idea long term plans. I'm just having fun.

\o/

Vanilla: 13/14 honor rank, server's first Onyxia, Molten Core, Kazzak, ZG, AQ20, the rest was trading blows with our rival guild.

Was playing Classic with a few friends on Horde PVP, got to level 30 or so, but some of them had a l2play issue so they rerolled on Alliance PVE. Now I don't enjoy it anymore.

Reactions: Wyote and Daustus
We're playing Horde PvP! We're on Benediction. I think my high end guildies are around 45+ now. I'm at like 14.... I know I know.

I was the Main tank for the Server's 3rd best Ally guild back in Vanilla.
Vanilla: I was 11/14 (As a Prot warrior that ran the WSG flag), Cleared everything but C'thun and Naxx. I think we were server first for Instructor Razuvious? (no one cares about Vanilla Naxx!)

I assume Horde in Vanilla?
I'm playing a Lock simply because I won't be regular enough to tank raids with consistency.

A lot of my friends and acquaintances play WOW, especially women, but I'm frightened of it. LOL.

If your into Heroin it's really cool. I think you would like it but it's slow. The real game doesn't start until level 60 in Classic.

If your into Heroin it's really cool. I think you would like it but it's slow. The real game doesn't start until level 60 in Classic.

This sounds really bad. LOL LOL. It would mean giving up Destiny because I don't dabble in life activities. I choose a few things I like and stick with them.
It may be too nerdy for me. LOL.
Those are reasons why it scares me.
At the same time I really want to play a game a lot of my friends play, and have played for many years, which is why I'm commenting.

If your into Heroin it's really cool.

warcrack.jpg

This sounds really bad. LOL LOL. It would mean giving up Destiny because I don't dabble in life activities. I choose a few things I like and stick with them.
It may be too nerdy for me. LOL.
Those are reasons why it scares me.
At the same time I really want to play a game a lot of my friends play, and have played for many years, which is why I'm commenting.

@Wyote Yeah. For Sure. Don't do it, but if you do....do it with friends. But it's also the best at what it does IMO.

@Asa I started with WoW and feel like I cheated on it for Destiny because Destiny was easier to manage. I'm too far gone to be objective but I love it. When recruit a friend goes live again (It's currently on hiatus) I'm willing to throw out invite for you to dork around with it. No pressure cause I know Shadowkeep dropped. WoW and WoW Classic are completely different experiences. WoW Classic is going back in time to 2005. It appeals to my entire online friend group. Destiny is very similiar feel, just more modern platform design.

Raiding in Classic takes 40 bodies. It's a time commitment but god it's worthwhile to slay that boss that you've been working on as a group. Everyone celebrates it's a real achievement. Loot is a problem. It takes forever to get geared. WoW Classic will be easier to pick it up now because it's all existed before. Online guides have been out for 15 years and a large part of the audience can do the raids in their sleep and drag 10-15 newbs along for the ride. Social groups exist already and you can find groups of people to play with. When this started everyone was starting from scratch. It's the ONLY large scale online experience I've been apart of that I've stuck with long term. I've been playing WoW since launch in 05.

I think it's less nerdy than Dungeon and Dragons but less cool than Destiny. Okay it's fucking nerdy, but I love it so much!

Honestly if you were to play Classic I see you playing Female Troll Hunter on Horde or a Night Elf Hunter on Ally. Solo, ranged class that has to roll your face across the keyboard. It'll match your persona and animal nature too. You'll get to sit back and watch a lot. It'll take a little management but it's easy. If you were to play just Standard.... I'd suggest druid. It can do every role.

giphy.gif

Here is my WoW Megablock collection. This is the entire collection of sets. My wife hates them.

MVIMG_20190927_124339.jpg

To make this more interactive and less of nerd plug to play WoW with me, I'll gladly let anyone know what class they should play in WoW Classic based on your forum persona.

Does she hate fun too?

She's an INTJ.

She's an INTJ. So yes, yes she does (I'm kidding - she likes most things I get into. She's the one that actually bought me most of these.)

Oh, oops!

Sorry Hos and other INTJs. ;)

My SO refuses to play social games, except with me. :tearsofjoy:
My other gamer INTJ friend:

Me: Please play games with me.
INTJ: OK because (code for 'I care about you', which is actual numbers because feelings are gross.)
Me: Yay!
INTJ: Oops! I sold my PS4 after you asked to game with me.

To make this more interactive and less of nerd plug to play WoW with me, I'll gladly let anyone know what class they should play in WoW Classic based on your forum persona.
This will be interesting...

Let's see if you can guess my favorite class and spec.

Reactions: Asa and Daustus
Eep I need to learn to read. You specifically said classic.

I play a warlock actually.
My favorite class ever is shadow priest, but they aren't raid viable in classic.

Reactions: Daustus