Why? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why?

I am forever at odds with whether emotion has any value in the world.

Well Eventhorizon I have learned so much from this thread. I make it a personal objective to learn more about my INTJ brothers and sisters.

For now let me reassure you that emotion has a great value in this world and that a great leader already knows that to provoke great change, one has to speak directly to the heart.

You can assure me of that..just like a person can assure me of a good investment regarding perishable goods. What proof do you offer though?

Reactions: James
You can assure me of that..just like a person can assure me of a good investment regarding perishable goods. What proof do you offer though?

I tend to look at humans as being very clever primates, with a lot of the same (though highly adapted) behaviors. We live in social groups and sometimes have to understand and communicate, complex situations rapidly.

If you look on "emotions" as being feedback from our environment, and a way to communicate and understand each other then I think they're are useful. They of course can be misused just as logical thought can be.

I look at them as necessary, as when I look at nature, it appears to be a pretty ruthless thing. Emotions seem to give us an edge in rapidly understanding or feeling something quicker than a logical thought process. We may feel a sense of "fear" and escape a predator long before we logically deduce what triggered the anxiety.

They act as signals, eg when a person cries this usually has a rapid effect on most male humans, lowering their testosterone and aggression levels. Reducing the risks of harmful conflict. It's a complex thing, but if it didn't have advantages I don't think we'd have ever evolved to have them. Just my view.

Reactions: Eventhorizon
I tend to look at humans as being very clever primates, with a lot of the same (though highly adapted) behaviors. We live in social groups and sometimes have to understand and communicate, complex situations rapidly.

If you look on "emotions" as being feedback from our environment, and a way to communicate and understand each other then I think they're are useful. They of course can be misused just as logical thought can be.

I look at them as necessary, as when I look at nature, it appears to be a pretty ruthless thing. Emotions seem to give us an edge in rapidly understanding or feeling something quicker than a logical thought process. We may feel a sense of "fear" and escape a predator long before we logically deduce what triggered the anxiety.

They act as signals, eg when a person cries this usually has a rapid effect on most male humans, lowering their testosterone and aggression levels. Reducing the risks of harmful conflict. It's a complex thing, but if it didn't have advantages I don't think we'd have ever evolved to have them. Just my view.
Nice. I like how you stepped outside and started talking about the human race from an outside perspective. You'd be surprised at how rare I have found that ability to be.
Put as you have, emotions do seem beneficial. But my experience is they have just as much tendency to run amok as not. Placing things in peoples heads that have no foundation in reality. The jealous so who sees an affair where none is resulting in any number of outcomes type of thing. Where as logic and rational thought processes rarely lead one astray.
However I have seen the extreme side of fully absent emotion and I do believe that this is a lesser evolved form of life. Closer to the animal world than that of the civilized world.

Reactions: Bellosome and James
I'm curious. I'm here because I want to get to know myself better and mingle with my peeps.

FunnyCatBike.jpg

My questions are...

1) Why do you other MBTI types hang out on our forum? (INTJ, INFP, ISNJ, etc...etc...etc...)

2) Are there any INFJ's here at this forum that hang out in other MBTI forums and why?
I occasionally check out Truity's forum, but it isn't nearly as active. I too have wondered why so many non-INFJs are members here, but not enough to ask. Still, it's nice to read most of the comments. I've only been here a few months longer than you, Zen. In that short time, I've learned a lot about interacting (and interacting less...). Lately, I tend to read more and write less when I'm here.

Reactions: Zen
dark_frontier_336.jpg.cf.jpg
Humans without emotion, it may be fun for awhile.....:tearsofjoy: