Why must life have a meaning? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why must life have a meaning?

It seems there is a pretty large amount of human experience, across many different religious traditions, times and places, that point to a basic construct of life, on a macro scale, that we can participate in. This can impart meaning. It is a kind of alignment towards reality and away from the illusory. The fruits of this are diverse.

I suspect, rather then discount the ancestral perspective, it would be more fruitful to question the midset of the present age, not to criticize, but to see past the technological veneer we risk being trapped in and to seek a more integrated humanity.

I don't think I care whether life has a "meaning" or not. I am here regardless. I'm just having fun while the ride lasts.

Reactions: Feelings
Finding meaning is what humans do.

Innanimate matter
- simply is.
Plants - simply live.
Animals - simply experience life.
Intellectual animals - find the meaning of all this.

One of the reasons I love the coast so much is that it keeps me in perspective. . count the grains of sand. .I look out on the ocean and I begin to realize how unimportant I am. .I realize for me that my life means just about as much as those grains of sand do. . each one is there to make the beach, but on there own really dont amount to much. .

People who say they have a purpose,
and people searching for purpose,
all trigger my God complex.

Last edited: