Why is it... | INFJ Forum

Why is it...

Majesty

:)
Aug 17, 2010
MBTI
ENTP
Why is it considered bad/impolite/trollish to say "God doesn't exist" but absolutely okay to say "God exists" ?

Why do people get called "crazy" when they talk to their invisible pet rabbit, but called "religious" when they talk to God?
(rhetorical)

Why is it considered bad/impolite/trollish to say "God doesn't exist" but absolutely okay to say "God exists" ?

Because one is invalidating another's religion with absolution while the other is being absolute without trampling on anyone's beliefs. Usually the statement "God doesn't exist" is stated in order to piss people off, you have to look at the intent here, saying "God exists" usually isn't intended to piss anyone off, and really couldn't anyway as no one's beliefs are vested in a god not existing, it therefore changes nothing to that second party to make such a statement. However both are disrespectful in a way and should be stated as beliefs "I believe in God" or "I don't believe in God" rather than being so absolute and arrogant about "what you know" on either side of such a fence.

Reactions: Rasmus
Try this one on for size - say God isn't perfect. I've nearly been shot in my sleep for even insinuating it.

Because all of the scientific evidence points t his none existence. Stories in the bible ( which are literally true according to Christians ) cannot be possibly true.

Also:
God killed more people than Hitler.
It's ok for your daughter to be raped instead of angels.
It's ok to stone adulters to death
It's ok to stone homosexuals to death
You can't wear mixed fibres in your clothing
It's perfectly fine to mutilate you baby Son's genitals - I mean if this doesn't ring alarm bells I don't know what will.
It's ok to have slaves.
The list goes on and on, I really don't understand why people who claim t be spread love and peace follow a god who is hell-bent on murder and bloodshed.

Because one is invalidating another's religion with absolution while the other is being absolute without trampling on anyone's beliefs.
What?
no one's beliefs are vested in a god not existing
Yes they are for atheists... the role of a God not existing in their lives as a belief could be just as important as the role of God existing in the lives of theists.

Imo it's not "trollish" to state either of them. It really depends on context. If you are on a Christianity forum, and u say God doesnt exist, u would be seen as a troll. That being said, people who are unable to separate their feelings from discussion can be hurt by anything.

Because all of the scientific evidence points t his none existence. Stories in the bible ( which are literally true according to Christians ) cannot be possibly true.

Also:
God killed more people than Hitler.
It's ok for your daughter to be raped instead of angels.
It's ok to stone adulters to death
It's ok to stone homosexuals to death
You can't wear mixed fibres in your clothing
It's perfectly fine to mutilate you baby Son's genitals - I mean if this doesn't ring alarm bells I don't know what will.
It's ok to have slaves.
The list goes on and on, I really don't understand why people who claim t be spread love and peace follow a god who is hell-bent on murder and bloodshed.

you'er so silly

Because you're invalidating someone's security / identity / faith / meaning with the first statement and validating it with the second statement (at least until you suggest God is something other than what they believe).