Why Do Women Compete For Men? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why Do Women Compete For Men?

Nope. Never seen it and don't care for staged shows.

Then maybe the title of the thread should be "I'm above women who compete for men"? Is the OP a venting opportunity or a question? It's starting to sound more like the former. Are they stealing all the manipulative tall blondes?

Reactions: Wyote
Competing for men, haha. What's been described so far sounds like something from a teen drama film.

I'm only getting into a cage and/or arena if it's been a long day and there are fluffy kitties, pajamas, wine, and chocolate on the other side.

82468492.jpg

Competing for men, haha. What's been described so far sounds like something from a teen drama film.

I'm only getting into a cage and/or arena if it's been a long day and there are fluffy kitties, pajamas, wine, and chocolate on the other side.

82468492.jpg

No man trophy for you then.

Depends a lot on the woman, but my experience is, once the "trophy" is won, it gets left out in the elements to decompose.

That's why these "games" are rubbish. They're not authentic.

But why is another person a trophy in the first place? It reminds me of the whole rating system some men (and even some women) tend to use, like "she is a 10".

But why is another person a trophy in the first place? It reminds me of the whole rating system some men (and even some women) tend to use, like "she is a 10".

I'm an trophy because I'm incredibly awesome in every way imaginable. That's why so many women fight to the death for me. The fact that I haven't handed myself over to a deathwatch winner only makes them want me more. If anyone else is a trophy, it is for whatever reasons the competitors decide on. It's all but guaranteed those reasons are shallow.

Why does anyone compete? Those who do believe the person or object is a worthy prize, and the more people want something, the more its value goes up. It doesn't make someone less intelligent or weird to want someone wanted by others.

We judge each other everyday by how many people want us or others. So, competing just takes it farther by saying, since you're so valuable to more than one person, I think I like you, and want to fight for you, to see if I have a chance of winning your affections. In other cases, some people just like to win, regardless if the prize is a good one.

Humans are competitive by nature. Survival of the fittest. Whether it's Tarzan knocking his chest to yell higher than all the other apes to prove to Jane, he is superior man, or a guy who likes a girl, working hard to build up his physical, social, and sexual abilities so that he can be seen as a superior option compared to the person's competing for his crush's attention, it's the same principle. Also, people tend to want that they think maybe out of reach. If they work hard for it, fight for it, they feel it's more valuable. If it's easily had, they think it's not worth as much.

Same concept of competing for a dream job. You do your best to stand out as the perfect candidate or partner (in terms of dating and relationships) so you will be the one chosen.

I would compete but there is no competition. :(

...'Cause I'm the best at everything...ever.

I would compete but there is no competition. :(

...'Cause I'm the best at everything...ever.

You forgot to say you're even more humble than Donald J Trump... LOL mate !
Have you seen that interview ? Again I'm way off topic, but I had a glass of wine earlier and I'm just off the reservation now...

I just want to say this about Panda's, that the male giant panda apparently does a handstand to 'pee' as high as he can on a tree, and leave his scent. Male panda's that can leave a higher scent attract more females, and deter male rivals. I laughed when I read this, but of course I'm sure humans have done far worse, myself included.

Women who needs em.. sob... Arrgh it's a panda !! Save me !!

You forgot to say you're even more humble than Donald J Trump... LOL mate !
Have you seen that interview ? Again I'm way off topic, but I had a glass of wine earlier and I'm just off the reservation now...

I just want to say this about Panda's, that the male giant panda apparently does a handstand to 'pee' as high as he can on a tree, and leave his scent. Male panda's that can leave a higher scent attract more females, and deter male rivals. I laughed when I read this, but of course I'm sure humans have done far worse, myself included.

Women who needs em.. sob... Arrgh it's a panda !! Save me !!

I can relate! I throw my poo as high as I can on skyscrapers to prove my dominance. Like I said before, I have no competition so no one even tries to beat me.

...or... yeah, I'm sticking with that.

I can relate! I throw my poo as high as I can on skyscrapers to prove my dominance. Like I said before, I have no competition so no one even tries to beat me.

...or... yeah, I'm sticking with that.

I duly surrender to your poo throwing powers... LOL. It's finesse and romance like ours that wows the ladies !

In truth compared to my poetry and love songs, your technique IS very refined. With my ability to stand on their feet, and break wind inappropriately, (then make jokes about it) it is a wonder to me that I haven't had more success with women, but then I was always quite poor at handstands...

But why is another person a trophy in the first place?

Physical features that are indicators of fertility, health, genetic makeup, age, and so on combine such that a given woman will be more, or less, sexually desirable overall to men.

Those more desirable will, on average, have more would-be suitors who must compete with each other for her attention, time, and ultimately, affections.

To win the affections of a highly desirable woman necessarily means overcoming the competitive challenge of a great many would-be suitors.

In that sense, the woman can be considered a prize won by a man who can then show her off as a proof of his power and dominance in the social hierarchy.

Yes, that is a gross generalization, but I think it illustrates the point. The same thing happens in reverse, but because typically a woman is pursued, and does not pursue, the trophy metaphor is not used.

Cheers,
Ian

I duly surrender to your poo throwing powers... LOL. It's finesse and romance like ours that wows the ladies !

In truth compared to my poetry and love songs, your technique IS very refined. With my ability to stand on their feet, and break wind inappropriately, (then make jokes about it) it is a wonder to me that I haven't had more success with women, but then I was always quite poor at handstands...

Before I decided to hold my thrice weekly deathmatches, I would burp into each one's mouth while kissing. The one that did not get disgusted was the winner. It's a good way to weed out the riff raff. Of course, I would then have to dismiss the winner because any woman that doesn't mind having her mouth burped into us disgusting.

Before I decided to hold my thrice weekly deathmatches, I would burp into each one's mouth while kissing. The one that did not get disgusted was the winner. It's a good way to weed out the riff raff. Of course, I would then have to dismiss the winner because any woman that doesn't mind having her mouth burped into us disgusting.

Dude, I just spent about 5 minutes laughing. You are a bad influence. Very bad. I know I shouldn't have mentioned the Panda thing, it's lowered the tone. I'm going to stop now before I get an infraction or something. I bet Dang wishes he was reading this thread, though I shudder to think what he would have posted.

Finally I will briefly return to topic. I think women do compete with each other at times, but I think they can also act in a cooperative way which goes way past the juvenile attempts of men generally. I think that's a good thing, and I've seen it at work and in families. It's a very civilizing thing for society. Unlike my panda story...

Dude, I just spent about 5 minutes laughing. You are a bad influence. Very bad. I know I shouldn't have mentioned the Panda thing, it's lowered the tone. I'm going to stop now before I get an infraction or something. I bet Dang wishes he was reading this thread, though I shudder to think what he would have posted.

Finally I will briefly return to topic. I think women do compete with each other at times, but I think they can also act in a cooperative way which goes way past the juvenile attempts of men generally. I think that's a good thing, and I've seen it at work and in families. It's a very civilizing thing for society. Unlike my panda story...

I quoted you just so I could LOL.
Women....

Only one way to settle this...

THUNDERDOME!!!
4972282679_ce634fc66f_z.jpg
searching random words and phrases on INFJ forum and I am not at disappointed by the Thunderdome results!

As for the OP ... I've known girls for whom their social status was dependent upon how many guys they could snag and at any sign of another girl liking a guy they would swoop in. And vice versa. I can't compete against feminine wiles so I don't participate in such competitions.

Or farting into each other's butts ))<>((

I have an acquaintance who swore that you know its true love when a guy dutch ovens you .... I think I may be okay without ever experiencing true love.

Or farting into each other's butts ))<>((

giphy.gif