Why do INFJs and INTPs hate each other so much? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Why do INFJs and INTPs hate each other so much?

How does Ni/Se work?

I'm super laid back and patient. I can outburst in a scary fashion, but it's rare (once per several years) and always was IMO with a good reason. hm.
I usually supress feelings of course, but sometimes they overwhelm me (usually anxiety not anger).

I do not want to use this thread to discuss the workings of Ni/Se but very briefly and in a super basic manner, I think Ni does a lot of 'tracking' and behavior pattern identification over an often quite long period of time. In the middle, there is the Ti analysis of what is happening and why and Fe is there also picking up on the other person's emotional output to support the Ni and Ti. Ni also uses Se to pick up on concrete but subtle cues and also Se causes the Ni person to eventually act physically or concretely when they think the time is right.

I also sometimes have fuzzy visions of how a situation that is bothering me might play out and I think this might be Ni related. For instance, I used to have these rather somewhat irrational visions of the INTP physically attacking and dominating me. Without judgement of desirability, I think INFJs really are rare and few claiming to be actually are. One way to tell if someone is an INFJ or ENFJ is that issues of power and dominance plays a very important role in their internal life but you would probably never know this as they hardly ever reveal this. I think all Ni/Se people have issues of personal power playing a major role in their internal or external life. Time and right timing does play a huge part in the lives of INFJ and ENFJ types as well. When INFJs explode on people, there is nearly always a lot going on under the surface before the explosion comes and it is almost never really impulsive though to some others who do not understand INFJs it can seem like it came out of nowhere and is just seemingly uncharacteristic of the INFJ overall.

BTW, before that 'crazy' INTP who I actually liked to start with mainly because his insights were always so intelligent, wise and useful, I was a big fan of INTPs and I think I will remain so. I still wonder sometimes if being on the verge of losing his long term job and a few other life changes made him unbalanced.

Reactions: Happy Phantom
I think INTPs are prone to being very self consumed. They expect alot dont give much in return. But they can understand an INFJ pretty well i must say.

INTp s hurt alot of people indirectly...in someways I feel sorry for them in other ways I have no remorse for them

Last edited:
I'm going to break this down as though we're all in nursery school. Everyone has the potential to be a fucking asshole and treat their partner like a pos. When you notice this behavior gtfo and don't leave a note. Fuck, move to another gd state, or leave the country. You ALWAYS have options, even if you are the asshole in question.

I think INTPs are prone to being very self consumed. They expect alot dont give much in return. But they can understand an INFJ pretty well i must say.

INTp s hurt alot of people indirectly...in someways I feel sorry for them in other ways I have no remorse for them

I don't know what to give in return to INFJs, not that I don't want to. Would love to know what could I, but I think I (we?) just don't have much to return.
Insofar I've seen that I could help INFJs with their weird loops, that defy logic, with a dose of Ti and maybe solve some practical problems for them, but that's about it.

Regarding hurting people, yup. Frequently, not really on purpose.

Do they? Aren't they supposed to be "the golden pair"? :wink: lol

I don't have issue with INTPs. Although sometimes they can be too independent for independence's sake. I find them quite fascinating.
To me ISTPs are easier to communicate with, but in general I don't have problems with TPs.

I don't have issue with INTPs. Although sometimes they can be too independent for independence's sake. I find them quite fascinating.
To me ISTPs are easier to communicate with, but in general I don't have problems with TPs.
Independence isn’t a bad thing. I require personal space so it’s not an issue for me. An INTP who loves you will make time for you.

I've known two ISTPs very well in my life (an ex and my dad) and both of them wrote the book on personal independence and the stubborn manifestation of such. :sweatsmile: Both good folks, very easy to deal with, but utterly unmovable when pressed.

I get the part about INTPs being harder to communicate with. My take is that when two people share perceiving functions (as INFJs and ISTPs do) verbal communication tends to flow more naturally, i.e. fewer starts and stops.

Independence isn’t a bad thing. An INTP who loves you will make time for you.

Yes, an INTP might fit you into their calendar, maybe, if the mood strikes them (ho hum). :tongueout: :kissingheart:

Speaking of which, looking back I noticed that this was the thread where I was called dangerous by a certain critic of INTPs. Nice Friday afternoon lol for old times' sake. :joycat:

ExecuteServerCommand/Insert_image::WAT.jpg
giphy.gif

I get the part about INTPs being harder to communicate with. My take is that when two people share perceiving functions (as INFJs and ISTPs do) verbal communication tends to flow more naturally, i.e. fewer starts and stops.

I think so. I guess it's Ne/Ni conflict. Ni likes to find a one true answer and closed ends while Ne keeps extending from one point to the next, etc. But in general INTPs make me feel humble of my capacity of knowledge. Sometimes it seems like INTPs like to show off about it, but I think it's really justified, so I don't mind.

The potential problem is that INTP's independence can seem overly dismissive for INFJs, for example, I have a friend whom I think is an INTP and she always got super defensive when I gave her harmless and non-intrusive advice. Sometimes it's hard to stick around with INTPs because it doesn't seem like they're interested in hanging out unless it's their call. So mostly it's like a distant friendship between me as an INFJ and INTPs, you know.. kind of keeping in touch, but not really hanging out, lol.

I think so. I guess it's Ne/Ni conflict. Ni likes to find a one true answer and closed ends while Ne keeps extending from one point to the next, etc. But in general INTPs make me feel humble of my capacity of knowledge. Sometimes it seems like INTPs like to show off about it, but I think it's really justified, so I don't mind.

The potential problem is that INTP's independence can seem overly dismissive for INFJs, for example, I have a friend whom I think is an INTP and she always got super defensive when I gave her harmless and non-intrusive advice. Sometimes it's hard to stick around with INTPs because it doesn't seem like they're interested in hanging out unless it's their call. So mostly it's like a distant friendship between me as an INFJ and INTPs, you know.. kind of keeping in touch, but not really hanging out, lol.
The few INTP friends I have come and go which I have no problem with. I do think of them and hope they’re okay, and when they resurface we pick up where we left off. I recently had one friend ask if I was okay bc I had kind of disappeared. These things happen.

As for dating an INTP, I guess I found a good one because he makes a lot of effort to spend time with me and is very sweet, kind and affectionate.

The few INTP friends I have come and go which I have no problem with. I do think of them and hope they’re okay, and when they resurface we pick up where we left off. I recently had one friend ask if I was okay bc I had kind of disappeared. These things happen.

As for dating an INTP, I guess I found a good one because he makes a lot of effort to spend time with me and is very sweet, kind and affectionate.

:wyotethumb: Good for you.