Why are there so many INFJs from Ireland? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Why are there so many INFJs from Ireland?

Hahaha the celtic tiger did away with the frienliness :p You don't want to come here darlin, everyone is fleeing this god forsaken island! It's not bad to visit though :)

Why the fleeing? Why forsaken? :]

Well you guys were kind of dicks at one point.

Seems like just about everyone were/are dicks at one point.

For the USA it's an ongoing thing.

[MENTION=4283]alice144[/MENTION] we have the same types of people here as anywhere. There's nothing especially different about us other than as a nation we like to bitch and moan about how terrible everything is without actually getting off our asses and trying to change things/make a difference :p
[MENTION=4598]hush[/MENTION] this country is going down the toilet. Also, have i mentioned the terrible weather?

I think there is a very artistic strain amongst the Celts, the Irish had alphabet and literacy well ahead of the English (checkout the book of Kells). I don't think there's much angst now. Most people just want to get on with their lives.

Irelands having a tough time right now, but it'll come through. My family were Irish but I was born and grew up in England. In the end we're one people on one planet.

:)

I always theorized, against the commonly held idea that "people are the same everywhere", that different cultures would spawn differing amounts of the various types. Not to mention that cultural norms would influence those types differently as well. While I cannot speak for Ireland's history or the Irish culture, not being overly familiar with them besides stereotypes and a couple of major events, in general I have always believed that different places and different people may experience greater or lesser of Type XXXX than people of somewhere else.

I think we are just going through a bout of good luck. :)

Don't move here, for the love of God please don't move here.

Didn't see my first post coming to any real use anyway:p
As Neverwhere pointed out, move here if you could see yourself taking a liking to a general population's insatiable venting habit, god awful weather and a gradual but imminently crippling brain-drain.
Do visit though, short-term this place would definitely appeal in many ways, especially the pubs.:)

@alice144 we have the same types of people here as anywhere. There's nothing especially different about us other than as a nation we like to bitch and moan about how terrible everything is without actually getting off our asses and trying to change things/make a difference :p

You're American?

Wow, I'm quite surprised. Based on national stereotypes, I would have expected ESFP. But good for the Irish!

Well, I am not from Ireland, but when I feel frustrated, I often phantacise of living in landscape that is stereotypically connected to Ireland...you know, gloomy whather, big open spaces, green grass (of home, hahah), sea, etc. Actually, have you ever seen video for Cranberries's Stars...well, that's my phantasy land. Maybe irish landscapes provoke infjish people...

Wow, I'm quite surprised. Based on national stereotypes, I would have expected ESFP. But good for the Irish!

Unfortunately, this is all too true. Unless you live in a large city; you won't meet many N types in Ireland. The majority of people I know and grew up with were xSFP types. I'm suprised anyone would think Ireland is a haven for INFJs. I studied philosophy and English literature at college (maybe not the best choice, career wise) and even in a class full of N types , I didn't come across one INFJ.

Unfortunately, this is all too true. Unless you live in a large city; you won't meet many N types in Ireland. The majority of people I know and grew up with were xSFP types. I'm suprised anyone would think Ireland is a haven for INFJs. I studied philosophy and English literature at college (maybe not the best choice, career wise) and even in a class full of N types , I didn't come across one INFJ.

Are you from Ireland?

"Are there really a lot of INFJs in Ireland?"

"Oh really? I'd have thought Ireland would be mostly ESFP."

"That's true, you won't find many N types in Ireland."

My god the amount of absolute bunk in this thread is mind numbing.

I don't think I've ever had any serious trouble finding N types in Ireland. I tend to gravitate towards them anyway. My two best friends are INFJs bizarrely enough, but I think thats more coincidence than anything.

(Really I'm just an MBTI nazi and seeking out the superior type :p )

Are you from Ireland?

Begor and begorish, sur I live and love in the bonnie land, ach aye...wait that's not right. Crikey mate, get some shrimp on the barbie...no. Suckie suckie five dollar, me love you long time...yeah I think that's right.

So that would be a yes.

Begor and begorish, sur I live and love in the bonnie land, ach aye...wait that's not right. Crikey mate, get some shrimp on the barbie...no. Suckie suckie five dollar, me love you long time...yeah I think that's right.

So that would be a yes.

I'm liking all the Irish people coming out of the woodwork. This makes me happy.

Now you are just fishing for compliments.

ahahaha ooooh. Now I feel stupid. Genuinely had no idea what you were referring to, I was still stuck on the recession.

Reactions: the