Why are there so many INFJs from Ireland? | INFJ Forum

Why are there so many INFJs from Ireland?

alice144

Community Member
Jun 17, 2011
MBTI
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I knew a couple on Personality Cafe, back when it was still a pretty decent site.

Is Ireland INFJ heaven? Because, if so, I wanna move there.

Uhhhh this is news to me! I was just thinking I wish there was some more Irish people on this site!!

With that said I think 2 of my best friends are possibly INFJs. One definitely is, the other isn't sure as I think he's guessing his letters. I should get him to take the test. Even if it's true...I still feel misunderstood :D

I still feel misunderstood

I think this is true for almost all of us. :)

My only exposure to Ireland is through film. But, Neil Jordan, Stephen Rea, and Liam Neesom seem like really fantastic people, people who I'd wanna be friends with. And I liked that guy from the movie Once too. Oh! And I'm a big fan of James Joyce, preciousness and all. Isn't Ireland known for its friendly people? I sure wish they were friendly here.

Hahaha the celtic tiger did away with the frienliness :p You don't want to come here darlin, everyone is fleeing this god forsaken island! It's not bad to visit though :)

I was conceived in Ireland, am Scottish and live in England.

Confusing times.

There are? Awesome. Almost makes up for the godawful weather.

I knew a couple on Personality Cafe, back when it was still a pretty decent site.

Is Ireland INFJ heaven? Because, if so, I wanna move there.

This is along the same vein of Americans asking me if I know X because he/she is British too. Ireland has at least a couple of million people living there, it stands to reason that a few of them are at least going to be INFJ.

Isn't Ireland known for its friendly people? I sure wish they were friendly here.

It's to England as Canada is to America, they're really friendly unless you happen to be English. To be honest though, we deserve all the hate we get from Ireland.

I was conceived in Ireland, am Scottish and live in England.

Confusing times.

Clearly you're moving up in the world.

Reactions: hush
4.2 million people to be exact...one million of those in the capital. We're a small little Island. Although with everyone leaving numbers have probably dropped.
[MENTION=2495]88chaz88[/MENTION] do you really think Irish people are colder to English people? Maybe I select few, but as an Irish person I don't think I've noticed any serious hate from the general people. We joke about the history a lot, but I don't know of anyone who actively hates the British. I would have though that would be the French :D

Also whatever, the Irish are clearly superior. And better looking. :D

@88chaz88 do you really think Irish people are colder to English people? Maybe I select few, but as an Irish person I don't think I've noticed any serious hate from the general people. We joke about the history a lot, but I don't know of anyone who actively hates the British. I would have though that would be the French :D

As an Englishman you can certainly get a cold reception in some of the bumfuck country areas. It's mostly from old people though. It's different with the French as the hate works both ways, whereas we fucking love the Irish. All of England's surrounding areas despise England though, even the English despise the English.

As an Englishman you can certainly get a cold reception in some of the bumfuck country areas. It's mostly from old people though. It's different with the French as the hate works both ways, whereas we fucking love the Irish. All of England's surrounding areas despise England though, even the English despise the English.

Yeah, I could see that happening actually. Although some of the small towns in Ireland are just fucking weird beyond reason in so many ways. It's the same in England...same anywhere actually!
We drink, we curse, we have a witty sense of humour. Whats not to love?

I like the English, but it takes me a while to warm up to some of you. I think it's just the English mannerisms sometimes. You aren't as friendly and easy to get to know, and I find a lot of English people come off as really cold and like they don't like you when that's not the case at all. I lived over in Oxford for a while and I found meeting people to be confusing...it was just a completely different culture to what I'm used to at home.

Yeah, I could see that happening actually. Although some of the small towns in Ireland are just fucking weird beyond reason in so many ways. It's the same in England...same anywhere actually!
We drink, we curse, we have a witty sense of humour. Whats not to love?

I like the English, but it takes me a while to warm up to some of you. I think it's just the English mannerisms sometimes. You aren't as friendly and easy to get to know, and I find a lot of English people come off as really cold and like they don't like you when that's not the case at all. I lived over in Oxford for a while and I found meeting people to be confusing...it was just a completely different culture to what I'm used to at home.

Yeah we're a very cold, non-touchy touchy people.

I used to live in Ireland - Cork to be precise .. Thought it was fine, but I was shocked at the living conditions compared to where I was from! The Irish people that I knew were all very kind, warm and friendly - but disgruntled at politicians, modern times and beer prices going up:m037: .. I miss the pubs .. Such good times ..

Well you guys were kind of dicks at one point.

Well you guys were kind of dicks at one point.

As I said, the hate is justified. Hell we haven't been half as much dicks towards the American colonies as we were to the Irish.

As I said, the hate is justified. Hell we haven't been half as much dicks towards the American colonies as we were to the Irish.

I feel a bit of affinity for the Irish. I find their history and the "we're still standing you muthas" attitude similar to the Peoples.

This is along the same vein of Americans asking me if I know X because he/she is British too. Ireland has at least a couple of million people living there, it stands to reason that a few of them are at least going to be INFJ.

No, it's not, and I'm a little insulted! I'm only making a general inquiry about the kind of people who live in your country. Your observational skills, I'm sure, are as good as the next person's!