Who is your absolute favorite character in a movie? | INFJ Forum

Who is your absolute favorite character in a movie?

Jill Hives

fhtagn
Retired Staff
Oct 11, 2010
MBTI
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Mine is Ricky Fitts from American Beauty, probably my favorite movie of all time. I felt like my heart was taken out of me and put into this character the first time I watched that movie. It was actually, probably the first significant moment I realized I might not be alone in experiencing that kind of intense depth of feeling over such abstract random things sometimes. And I'm serious, to the average person if they saw me during one of those moments they would probably think I was nuts and just started crying for no reason...but there is a reason. There's always a reason.

It was one of those days when it's a minute away from snowing and there's this electricity in the air, you can almost hear it. And this bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and... this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever. Video's a poor excuse, I know. But it helps me remember... and I need to remember... Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it, like my heart's going to cave in.

Hmm, I wouldn't say that so far I have seen "myself" depicted in a movie character, but there has been times where I felt like, on a personal level, I could understand one character much more than the other ones. It may have been because they personified an aspect of my personality, but I wouldn't say that was me.

It would really interesting if I can see someone where I can say "that's me" in a movie. I would be very intrigued by them.

Awesome question, Neptunes.

I LOVE Scout from "To Kill a Mockingbird" because she's such a sweet heart and I love seeing the way she views the world and watching her grow-up. Also because I was such a tomboy at her age