Who is the most cleanest MBTI type?

Le Miroir

Aug 29, 2020
MBTI
INFJ-T
Enneagram
4w5
Hello,

so I have had this question for a really long time My sister and my best friend are both ISTJ and something I realized is how externally organized and clean they are.

As a INFJ I am organized internationally but when it come to a actual physical place (externally) I am very unorganized to others eyes.

My mother is a ESFJ and she is exactly like my sister or even worst.

My brother a INTJ even more unorganized then me and my father a INTP although he is not the most clean person he likes the house clean and is very critical about it.

So in your opinion and view which type do you think is most clean and why? :00

Last edited:
I am an absolute clean freak. I hate a dirty living space and clutter. I use white sheets and towels like a hotel and wash them with bleach. All of my linen and towels smell hotel clean too. I use Glade plugins and wax warmers everywhere. You won’t find a streak on any of my windows or glass. All of my cleaning chemicals come from Ecolab and have disinfectant. You might actually be afraid to touch something in my apartment. :laughing:

I don’t know if this is an INFJ thing or not, but I used to work in a hotel in housekeeping and my habits stem from there.

My living areas are organised by functionality, but not by how it looks. I have towering stacks of books on my desks, file cards with notes sticking out of every one of them, file cards in every gap in my bookshelf, and so forth. My kitchen is also organised in a way that makes sense to me, but not others. I have condiments organised by food style, instead of having all the herbs and spices together. It's just logical, but not visually appealing.

In terms of the chores of cleanliness, I just pay an ocd clean freak neighbour $20 a week, to come over and give the place a good clean. She always berates me, wanting to reorganise my stuff, but just has to put up with cleaning it instead.

I am an absolute clean freak. I hate a dirty living space and clutter. I use white sheets and towels like a hotel and wash them with bleach. All of my linen and towels smell hotel clean too. I use Glade plugins and wax warmers everywhere. You won’t find a streak on any of my windows or glass. All of my cleaning chemicals come from Ecolab and have disinfectant. You might actually be afraid to touch something in my apartment. :laughing:

I don’t know if this is an INFJ thing or not, but I used to work in a hotel in housekeeping and my habits stem from there.

I think its more of a housekeeping thing for example my mother also did housekeeping for a while and everything you said about the towels to the windows perfectly describes my mother and she is not a INFJ. I did more research about this topic and found out Most INFJ are disorganized but here is the case its pretty interesting. As INFJ’s our first function is a perceiving function (Ni), we tend to be a bit more disorganized than other J types, especially because it's internally based. Our J comes from Fe, which is more concerned with organizing relationships and emotions than external, physical organization. INFJ’s have the occasional clutter in their rooms, it is more like an organized chaos. They know where everything is, but it might appear messy and messy to others. INFJ’s are never dirty, but they don't mind the occasional clutter in their environment- as long as it is their OWN clutter. Which I find so familiar. Of course own personal experience in life like jobs and how we grow up can change this for some INFJ most INFJ’s fall into this description and I guess I am one of them lmaoo

My living areas are organised by functionality, but not by how it looks. I have towering stacks of books on my desks, file cards with notes sticking out of every one of them, file cards in every gap in my bookshelf, and so forth. My kitchen is also organised in a way that makes sense to me, but not others. I have condiments organised by food style, instead of having all the herbs and spices together. It's just logical, but not visually appealing.

In terms of the chores of cleanliness, I just pay an ocd clean freak neighbour $20 a week, to come over and give the place a good clean. She always berates me, wanting to reorganise my stuff, but just has to put up with cleaning it instead.

yes I quite agree and relate to this
!Σ( ̄□ ̄;)

Yesss I quite agree with INFJ’s switching lmao
And yeah I also kinda saw it coming that ISTJ will be at the top. Its kinda freaky seeing them so specific about how things should be I share rooms with my sister for 3 months now and honestly I feel like If I move something just a bit she gets all crazy about it. AHahah

ISTJs, imo, by far are the most clean and tidy types, and very serious about it(my 'padre' is ISTJ and goes berserk when things are disorderly, missing, 'not done right', etc.) . Second in line I would actually put ISFJs, followed closely by ISTPs. For some reason ISFJs also seem to have this "nit-picky" quality about them, I noticed, about physical space and where things belong at all times.

For some reason, I find most Extroverted types rather more ok with a little mess and disorder than Introverts for some reason. ESFPs and ESTJs imo are the messiest. I had an ESFP roommate for awhile, who always swore to do the dishes and clean up after her dog, but it never really quite happened...

As for INFJs,
IMO, it's in the middle; the need for orderliness and "tidy" comes and goes with the seasons of life. A lot of times, I find myself just reducing a lot of my unnecessary belongings and things at certain times of the year, which contributes a lot to the ability to stay organized. When I'm stressed, or have a lot of things outside of the house to take care of, I can have things unkempt - save for the essentials[bathroom and kitchen are sacred, ALWAYS]. I write things down a lot, and eventually get to it. You can say I'm organized/spick-n-span with perfectly consistent inconsistency.

ISTJs, imo, by far are the most clean and tidy types, and very serious about it(my 'padre' is ISTJ and goes berserk when things are disorderly, missing, 'not done right', etc.) . Second in line I would actually put ISFJs, followed closely by ISTPs. For some reason ISFJs also seem to have this "nit-picky" quality about them, I noticed, about physical space and where things belong at all times.

For some reason, I find most Extroverted types rather more ok with a little mess and disorder than Introverts for some reason. ESFPs and ESTJs imo are the messiest. I had an ESFP roommate for awhile, who always swore to do the dishes and clean up after her dog, but it never really quite happened...

As for INFJs,
IMO, it's in the middle; the need for orderliness and "tidy" comes and goes with the seasons of life. A lot of times, I find myself just reducing a lot of my unnecessary belongings and things at certain times of the year, which contributes a lot to the ability to stay organized. When I'm stressed, or have a lot of things outside of the house to take care of, I can have things unkempt - save for the essentials[bathroom and kitchen are sacred, ALWAYS]. I write things down a lot, and eventually get to it. You can say I'm organized/spick-n-span with perfectly consistent inconsistency.

This is so true, although I'm now starting to get into the habit of organising my mess, I still have clutter lying around here and there and sometimes it all just piles up until I freak out. When external things stress me out I tend to let go of everything completely apart from showering - need to shower everyday. But everything else I'm just let go and then eventually I pick myself up when shit hits the fan :neutral:

In my experience I find that INFP's are the cleanest, it may be due to the number of INFP's in my life and majority of them are neat and tidy people. The neat freaks as I would say.

ISTJ tops the list, imo. We would be each other's worst roommate nightmares. :sweatsmile:

I believe upbringing can influence the preferences for external orderliness/cleanliness a great deal, so it will probably vary a lot within each type. I know ISFJs who are quite messy, but their 'systems' are the same as the tidy ISFJs I know. From my experience, only the ISTJ has lived up to the stereotype every time when it comes to orderliness and cleanliness.

These are my so far observations of the types and orderliness/cleanliness:

ISTJ - always orderly and clean.
ISFJ - organizing above cleaning, but still clean.
ESFJ - practical and concerned with being perceived as orderly/cleen.

ESTJ - very organized and orderly in everything that has to do with work, but not so much at home. Most likely to pay people to do what they don't want to do.
ENTJ - same.
ENFJ - same.

ESFP - messy baseline, but will clean up in no time when they decide it's too messy.
ENFP - similar, but are less tolerant with other people's mess (mini ISTJ living inside).
ENTP - messy, but disiplined about it in a way that works.
ESTP - always clean shirts, the rest is manageable chaos.

ISTP - dislikes everyone else's mess, but totally okay with their own.
INTP - precise and orderly in what they do, but surprised to see how stuff around them keeps piling up and how their systems keep failing.
ISFP - okay with mess, but seems to be acutely grossed out by some of the normal household 'findings'.

INTJ - high tolerance for (what they consider) necessary mess, low tolerance for unnecessary mess. Knows where their stuff is.
INFJ - a mixture of being unaware, carefree and bothered with mess. Struggling to find a middle gear, and good routines. Knows where their stuff is (but not always the condition of it).
INFP - likes the idea of an orderly, clean and easy maintenance environment, and have clear ideas for how they want things to be, but struggle with motivation (and realism?) to make that happen.

If ISTJs are not the tidiest, then they are close to the top. They are meticulously organized and serious about it. ISFJs are also very tidy. These two types take the #1 and #2 spots.

My mother was an ESFJ and she was a clean queen, but as an overall type, I wouldn't place them above ISXJs.

One of my good friends is ISTJ and I remember once listening to him talk about someone's house he visited and he was aghast that there were crumbs on the counter and dust on a book shelf or something minor I wouldn't even notice in someone's home. He said something like, "I can't even believe they had people over with their home in that state." I always think of him now before I have anyone over and make sure every nook and cranny is spotless. :laughing: I think istjs might be most likely to notice a mess or if something is out of order and be bothered by it. My vote for cleanest goes to istj.

ISTJ tops the list, imo. We would be each other's worst roommate nightmares. :sweatsmile:

I believe upbringing can influence the preferences for external orderliness/cleanliness a great deal, so it will probably vary a lot within each type. I know ISFJs who are quite messy, but their 'systems' are the same as the tidy ISFJs I know. From my experience, only the ISTJ has lived up to the stereotype every time when it comes to orderliness and cleanliness.

These are my so far observations of the types and orderliness/cleanliness:

ISTJ - always orderly and clean.
ISFJ - organizing above cleaning, but still clean.
ESFJ - practical and concerned with being perceived as orderly/cleen.

ESTJ - very organized and orderly in everything that has to do with work, but not so much at home. Most likely to pay people to do what they don't want to do.
ENTJ - same.
ENFJ - same.

ESFP - messy baseline, but will clean up in no time when they decide it's too messy.
ENFP - similar, but are less tolerant with other people's mess (mini ISTJ living inside).
ENTP - messy, but disiplined about it in a way that works.
ESTP - always clean shirts, the rest is manageable chaos.

ISTP - dislikes everyone else's mess, but totally okay with their own.
INTP - precise and orderly in what they do, but surprised to see how stuff around them keeps piling up and how their systems keep failing.
ISFP - okay with mess, but seems to be acutely grossed out by some of the normal household 'findings'.

INTJ - high tolerance for (what they consider) necessary mess, low tolerance for unnecessary mess. Knows where their stuff is.
INFJ - a mixture of being unaware, carefree and bothered with mess. Struggling to find a middle gear, and good routines. Knows where their stuff is (but not always the condition of it).
INFP - likes the idea of an orderly, clean and easy maintenance environment, and have clear ideas for how they want things to be, but struggle with motivation (and realism?) to make that happen.
Why is this so accurate?

I think its more of a housekeeping thing for example my mother also did housekeeping for a while and everything you said about the towels to the windows perfectly describes my mother and she is not a INFJ. I did more research about this topic and found out Most INFJ are disorganized but here is the case its pretty interesting. As INFJ’s our first function is a perceiving function (Ni), we tend to be a bit more disorganized than other J types, especially because it's internally based. Our J comes from Fe, which is more concerned with organizing relationships and emotions than external, physical organization. INFJ’s have the occasional clutter in their rooms, it is more like an organized chaos. They know where everything is, but it might appear messy and messy to others. INFJ’s are never dirty, but they don't mind the occasional clutter in their environment- as long as it is their OWN clutter. Which I find so familiar. Of course own personal experience in life like jobs and how we grow up can change this for some INFJ most INFJ’s fall into this description and I guess I am one of them lmaoo
I used to live with an ex girlfriend who would throw her hair clips and q-tips on the carpet for some odd reason despite me yelling at her not to. I would end up sucking up the hair clips with the vacuum cleaner and it would piss me off every time. She also used to leave dirty dishes in the sink for me to come home and wash after work. There were a few other things too, but all of it would absolutely boil my blood. It was a constant source of contention between us because who does all that? Who throws their dirty q-tips on the floor? Seriously, who does that? I believe she got INFP when she took a few free tests online. It didn't seem too farfetched to me.

I really hate to judge but I've been in many homes owned and lived in by strangers from being self-employed in fixing computers and electronics in-home back in the 2000s when I was a teenager. If they smoke, it's even worse because of the ashtrays with cigarette buts and ashes lying around all over the home and the build up of nicotine residue (or whatever it's composed of) everywhere. Then there's the ashes all over their keyboard. Have you ever had to wipe off the walls, computer monitor and/or TV of a chain smoker only to see how yellow your cloth becomes? Being in a home like that just makes me so uncomfortable. I really don't know how they manage as I would be mentally unwell. I feel sorry for the people that install cable TV in homes like that.

I've been known to slack off here and there during episodes of depression and/or being absolutely swamped with work, but never to the point things are filthy. I don't think anyone exactly fits the different stereotypes associated with their respective types. I certainly don't fit the INFJ stereotype. I work in a technical field and use logical arguments in debates all the time when they're called for. Then again I just might be a special case as I really don't think anyone can stereotype me really. I often break norms and rules all over. My personality is littered with contradiction. I feel life is nothing but a process of learning and self-improvement. Those who are receptive tend to excel in life. Those who give in to their worst impulses and refuse to learn from mistakes tend not to. Enough of my rambling, I digress. You probably get the point.

Personally I can't stand any mess (INFJ), though at the same time being somewhat relaxed about it and it doesn't bother me if there is a little mess sometimes. I always know where all the stuff is and love to have an organized and clean home where every thing is in their own and right place.

I live with a roommate who I think may be ISTJ (my brother) and he is even more orderly than I am and I am already quite orderly with my environment as I'm a minimalist, lol.

I am already quite orderly with my environment as I'm a minimalist

I think this is me (a minimalist) .. I am not considered messy, probably because there is so little in the house. I think I'd rather have nothing than clean. In fact I remember in a prior relationship when my partner used to keep "knick knacks" on doillies (on DOILLIES!!) and used to dust them every few weeks. I used to ask why not just put them away and save ourselves some work every couple of weeks.

I think this is me (a minimalist) .. I am not considered messy, probably because there is so little in the house. I think I'd rather have nothing than clean. In fact I remember in a prior relationship when my partner used to keep "knick knacks" on doillies (on DOILLIES!!) and used to dust them every few weeks. I used to ask why not just put them away and save ourselves some work every couple of weeks.

Same, there really isn't much stuff to even organize - so it's hard to even be messy. Love the empty spaces, makes me feel calm.

Lol, knick knacks everywhere which would needed to be dusted every now and then sounds horrifying to me.