Which personality type? | INFJ Forum

Which personality type?

Blueberry

Jul 17, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
People who meet me always at first impression see me as shy and almost as bit anxious? They treat me in a very protective manner and always want to know if I'm okay. My family tells me I'm very diplomatic, innocent, too much on my own, their "little girl", sometimes too nice, and I'm an only.child. My friends treat me like their counselor, i always listen to all their relationship dramas and try to figure out the best solution for them. They see me.sometimes as crazy, very dark, funny and clumsy, weird and random, flower child (a lot), and very mature. I don't get along with females very well, although i wish i did. Something about them scares me, and all my close friends are guys except my one best friend. All my boyfriends in relationships ended up breaking up with me because they all said the same thing: i have too much of a strong personality and they don't feel respected. They love me very much and they've never met any girl much like me but they can't handle the pressure of my expectations and i apparently don't make them feel good about themselves although i did at the beginning of the relationship."... But ofcourse this all started happening after i turn bitter because they broke my trust and then i would just stop giving a shit about their feelings.

I see myself as very different from other people, I'm much of a loner even though i sometimes wish it was different. I take pride in who i am even though i don't have much confidence in myself. I'm not a very emotional person unless i have an emotional breakdown where i feel isolated and as if nobody cares about me(which is not true at all), i am a person who can be too honest sometimes but i never ever have bad intentions unless I'm hurt at the moment and fighting with a person, then i have a bad tendency to get very personal when insulting them and end up feeling very bad and sorry afterwards. I would swim the ocean for my best friend and someone who i deeply value, even if i know they don't value me back.

So my question is, what personality type do i sound like the most? Because i always end up getting different results between infp, infj, and intp, and once got entp...

Thanks for the people who read my post, and sorry for my bad grammar due to the fact that I'm afrikaans :)

you're unique like the rest of use...

Upon reading your post, it sounds exactly the way I'd react. I'd say you closest match personality wise would be INFJ as that's what it sounds like. Keep in mind though that were all unique, and although you may test this and that. There's only one person out of 7.25+ billion people that'd act and react the way you do (you're own >>>unique<<< personality).

I relate so I say in*j...
I know that until I caught myself I would always talk to people about correcting things in their life. The things I saw that if were corrected, would help them be happier. However looking at it from an outside perspective, I suspect it sounded more like criticism.

INFJ.

I'd say INTP. You sound passive aggressive which is a P thing but you don't sound like an INFP. Close, but no cigar. More of a T than an F, mostly cause you gave out your Facebook randomly in your second post lol not something an INFP would do XD

INTP *nods*

[video=youtube_share;6r8qKLYQTXk]http://youtu.be/6r8qKLYQTXk[/video]
This chick^ incredibly, incredibly cute :3

Last edited:
Reactions: rawr
You sound like an INFP, or INTP, leaning towards the latter. You've said some tests gave you an ENTP result too, don't want to confuse you, but i wouldn't rule that out either.

Here's an important question to consider: Do you want to stand out, or do you want to fit in? Fi-users (INFPs and ENFPs) generally like to stand out, and often feel like they're different than their peers in some way. They're individualists, and want to clearly define who they are. INFPs and ENFPs generally take other peoples' words very seriously, and often base themselves off of how others describe them. INFJs and ENTPs generally are not like this. Instead, INFJs and ENTPs direct their energy towards analyzing other people as well as what is going on around them (society, etc.).

Here's an important question to consider: Do you want to stand out, or do you want to fit in? Fi-users (INFPs and ENFPs) generally like to stand out, and often feel like they're different than their peers in some way. They're individualists, and want to clearly define who they are. INFPs and ENFPs generally take other peoples' words very seriously, and often base themselves off of how others describe them. INFJs and ENTPs generally are not like this. Instead, INFJs and ENTPs direct their energy towards analyzing other people as well as what is going on around them (society, etc.).

INFJ's are individualistic

INFJ's go along to get along unless they disagree and then they're happy to speak out (and stand out)

What is important to an INFJ isd their value system. If the people around them are in accordance with that then the INFJ will go along, if not then they will not go along

Instead of constantly incorrectly trying to tell us about what you don't know about (INFJ's) why don't you tell us about what you do know about: INTP's?

INFJ's are individualistic

INFJ's go along to get along unless they disagree and then they're happy to speak out (and stand out)

What is important to an INFJ isd their value system. If the people around them are in accordance with that then the INFJ will go along, if not then they will not go along

Instead of constantly incorrectly trying to tell us about what you don't know about (INFJ's) why don't you tell us about what you do know about: INTP's?

It was my understanding that INFPs are more individualistic than INFJs because of dominant Fi. Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to help figure out someone's MBTI type; not talk about INFJs exclusively. To help someone figure out his/her type, you actually have to convey what you know about other types different from your own.

For the OP, you might want to try INFP or even ENFP. You could possible be ENTP or INFJ, though. I don't really see INTP to be honest.

It was my understanding that INFPs are more individualistic than INFJs because of dominant Fi. Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to help figure out someone's MBTI type; not talk about INFJs exclusively. To help someone figure out his/her type, you actually have to convey what you know about other types different from your own.

Your post implied INFJ's weren't individualistic, i disagree with you

You've been posting stuff about types in various places and i think you're better qualified to tell people about your own type

That might seem a bit blunt but there is a constant re-writing of what INFJ's are by non INFJ's and its unproductive

Last edited:
Your post implied INFJ's weren't individualistic, i disagree with you

You've been posting stuff about types in various places and i think you're better qualified to tell people about your own type

I am implying that INFPs are MORE individualistic than are INFJs.

I have an interest in MBTI, so I do in fact post "stuff about types in various places". I would more qualified to talk about INTPs and myself all the time, but that would bore me.

I have an interest in MBTI, so I do in fact post "stuff about types in various places". I would more qualified to talk about INTPs and myself all the time, but that would bore me.

Kind of like how Muir would be more qualified to talk about the Israeli/Palestine conflict and have an opinion on it if he actually lived there or had family there living it...

Anyhow, you are free to post about whatever you'd like on this forum, no matter what mbti type you are. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, then they have the choice to not read your posts. Am I right?

And, [MENTION=11835]Blueberry[/MENTION], you sound like an INFP from the info you provided. INFP's are pretty awesome, so YAY if you are one! :)

Ok but if you have an interest then a searching approach might be better rather than a didactic approach...at least until you are sure of what you're talking about

I honestly think that INFJ's are very individualistic. They might try to keep the peace sometimes but in their heads they very much have an opinion

Kind of like how Muir would be more qualified to talk about the Israeli/Palestine conflict and have an opinion on it if he actually lived there or had family there living it...

Sure it gives me objectivity

Anyhow, you are free to post about whatever you'd like on this forum, no matter what mbti type you are. If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, then they have the choice to not read your posts. Am I right?

ignore them or debate them :)

I prefer people debating because that gets everything out onto the table and people can then take what they want from it

What we don't want out on the table is false information.....then we have to sift through lots of crap to find the good stuff

To be honest, I don't think there's enough information here to make any sort of guess. You can't type someone from a description alone. MBTI types aren't just personality profiles that describe behaviors; they're combinations of cognitive functions. Until you understand the cognitive functions, you can only blindly guess at your type. Once you do understand the functions, you can start to analyze your behavior to figure out the cognitive patterns behind it, and that will lead you to your MBTI type.

This is a good place to start learning about the functions:
http://personalityjunkie.com/functions-ni-ti-fi-si-ne-te-fe-se/

Which one(s) resonate the most with you? That will help your narrow down your choices.

Thank you. INFJs are at least as individualistic as INFPs, I get really tired of people always saying that INFPs are the extremely individualistic/imaginative/creative ones. INFJs have intuition as their dominant function; if anything they're probably even more imaginative than INFPs, whose dominant function is judging. Furthermore, Ni leads to unique ideas, which can be expressed in provocative ways via Se. INFJs often have unusual appearances to match their eccentric outlook, and really stand out in a crowd when that's the case.

I suppose people think Fi=individualism and Fe=conformity. They don't stop to think that Fe comes second to Ni for INFJs.

Well said!...good info!

there's so much missunderstanding out there...

Thank you. INFJs are at least as individualistic as INFPs, I get really tired of people always saying that INFPs are the extremely individualistic/imaginative/creative ones. INFJs have intuition as their dominant function; if anything they're probably even more imaginative than INFPs, whose dominant function is judging. Furthermore, Ni leads to unique ideas, which can be expressed in provocative ways via Se. INFJs often have unusual appearances to match their eccentric outlook, and really stand out in a crowd when that's the case.

I suppose people think Fi=individualism and Fe=conformity. They don't stop to think that Fe comes second to Ni for INFJs.

I agree 100% with this.
Saying that Fi doms are more individualistic than INFJs doesn't really compute for me either. There's potential in both, different ways. But attributing conformity and wanting to get along to Fe doesn't really cover this function, specially when it comes to intuitives, and anyway, that's not how i see this function either, Fe doms can be EXTREMELY bull headed and feisty too. Also i could say that INFPs also can be much more traditional than other intuitives, given their tertiary Si playing a role too, but it depends on the individual. And honestly getting into this discussion doesn't lead to nowhere, just wanted to put emphasis on what Seraphim posted.

From the way you post, using stereotypes and Ni....F. An F. So between INFJ and INFP...

As far as individualism goes, I noted that both INFJs and INFPs have the same potential for it or lacking it, but in different situations

Speaking in generalities / as far as my memory served,
INFPs tend to be individualistic in daily life (being original) but lacking it in conflict (backing out or distancing very quickly / early, very conflict avoidant)
INFJs tend to be lacking individualism in daily life (keeping peace, staying unnoticed), but very individualistic in conflict (standing out on their own, having their own values and truth)

[video=youtube_share;6r8qKLYQTXk]http://youtu.be/6r8qKLYQTXk[/video]
This chick^ incredibly, incredibly cute :3
She wants a intj boyfriend. I can tell.