Where is your life path taking you? | INFJ Forum

Where is your life path taking you?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Where is your life path taking you? Where are you headed ultimately? And what will you do to get there?

Are you comfortable heading in that direction? Any detours?

Last edited:
to tinychat

The future is too far away. Planning makes no sense when everything you want usually changes within no more than a year.

I know where I'm headed ultimately. I don't know how to describe it, but I know how it feels. I get these moments where I feel like I'm getting things right, they started when I was about sixteen, and they usually happen during really chaotic periods of my life, that are often very painful. When I feel safe within that chaos. When I get this 'feeling' that I associate with my "path", it is me developing more security in myself, my independence, my capabilities, my own strength, my own judgement, and a feeling of compassion for all life.

that was probably way more abstract than you were getting at, but it's my answer and I'm sticking to it.

Reactions: Gaze
Where is your life path taking you?

Where my career is concerned, it's back to school and back to where this all began. No making drastic, impetuous decisions concerning my schooling. It's going to be fun seeing if I can remember anything from my calculus classes.

I also know it's pushing me toward a different group of people; people who are ambitious and career-oriented and who are driven by competition... and maybe a little bit cut-throat. But not all of them. Either way, it'll be interesting to get a new perspective.

I am entirely uncomfortable and it's a good thing. It's a road to redemption; if I can wax poetic and feel-y for a second here. I'm caught between terror and excitement. I hope there are no detours, but nobody ever expects to take detours, really.

Whatever they are, though, I'll deal with them.

Where are you headed ultimately? And what will you do to get there?

Fulfillment in my career. Independence. New people. New experiences. I suppose when I get there, I'll just have to make sure I don't stagnate and get too comfortable again.

How do you see your path changing or developing now and/or in the future?

Well, back to school for one thing. Co-Op. New experiences. They're just around the corner...

Where is your life path taking you? Where are you headed ultimately? And what will you do to get there?
- not sure where it's taking me but i know that it's "anywhere but here" - this point in my life. I've felt stagnant for a while, and want to come up for air, but everytime i go for it, something keeps holding my head below water. And yes, you will tire of my many cliches, but i want to swim, and move. I want to move forward, not backward, or to the side. I want to climb the hill and keep going, one step at a time, not for anyone else, but for myself.

- I want there to be a goal, besides working for others to get things done, because that is what motivates me - to pursue my own life path, not someone else's - not what someone thinks i should want.

- Yes and no, because as always there is resistance or road blocks, however unintentional, which will try to convince anyone that you can't take that path because it's not popular or reasonable. It's a tough one.

- i'd love to take some interesting detours - but in less stressful moments when i'm not fighting to prove that i deserve to follow the path i choose.

Ultimately, my life path is headed towards greater personal freedom and confidence in what i can do for myself, and not what others believe I should do to justify that belief.

I guess, we'll see how that path moves . . .

Last edited:
In the near future, my life is taking me down a pretty dark and lonely road. They way I am now, I'm limiting my potential and fearing what lies ahead. I see myself getting out of this trap eventually, but it's the 'how' to get there that's causing me grief. I see myself growing into a more confident, creative person. Someone who knows what they can do; what their purpose is, where they need to go to fulfill that purpose. I'll get to that place where my hesitation is under control. But for the next little while, there's a lot of searching to do, and it doesn't look very appealing. I'll keep on going though...

I'm learning that I need to trust my instincts more; my intuition. I somehow know what that will look like, what it will feel like; and I hope I'll get there. Ultimately, I see myself in the distant future- a father and a teacher (if not by profession, merely by existence). I will have the wisdom that comes from years of accumulating knowledge, experiences and insight. I'll be confidently unconventional, someone who lives separately from the changes of culture and society. I'll be timeless. I won't even acknowledge the people who make me ashamed of myself or my abilities. I'll be doing something I love, that makes life better for people. I will be far from perfect, but better than I am now.

I don't have a clear picture, but I know the general direction I need to go. I hope it gets clearer as the years go by, and that I keep my faith and judgment strong.

To Canada!