What's your views on the ice water challenge thing? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What's your views on the ice water challenge thing?

So.... I did not watch this when I read the link description. I see little reason to watch it. I firmly believe in an eye for an eye mentality. Meaning if you send anyone to prison what do they learn? They learn what being in prison is like. If you make each stand there and experience what this boy experienced what do they learn? They learn WHY its wrong.
Pissed off doesnt begin to describe it...

This is a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with. They should have to experience the same humiliation that this boy suffered. I feel that this technique (I guess we can call it 'mirror punishment') should be applied in dealing with people who commit any acts of violence, abuse, etc.

Someone steals? Cut off their hand.
Murder? You will be murdered in the same fashion.
Rape? Guess who's getting raped.
Pour feces on someone? You get the same in return (with it being videotaped for the world to see.)

If people knew that there would be real consequences to their actions, they would think twice before committing such acts.

People would get their shit together real quick.

This is a sentiment I wholeheartedly agree with. They should have to experience the same humiliation that this boy suffered. I feel that this technique (I guess we can call it 'mirror punishment') should be applied in dealing with people who commit any acts of violence, abuse, etc.

Someone steals? Cut off their hand.
Murder? You will be murdered in the same fashion.
Rape? Guess who's getting raped.
Pour feces on someone? You get the same in return (with it being videotaped for the world to see.)

If people knew that there would be real consequences to their actions, they would think twice before committing such acts.

People would get their shit together real quick.

The stealing thing is a bit ..ummm.. different. Cut off their hand? What if they steal food because they have no other option? I dont know that one just seems over the top. As for the rest if it...I agree pretty much.

The stealing thing is a bit ..ummm.. different. Cut off their hand? What if they steal food because they have no other option? I dont know that one just seems over the top. As for the rest if it...I agree pretty much.

I guess it would depend on what they stole. I'm not talking about a candy bar, lol. Big time theft. But yes, cut the hand off. Would you steal if you thought you would lose a hand? Probably not. It may sound extreme but it sends a clear message. If you're fond of your hands then don't steal.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they found a lake in the middle of winter to go skinny dipping in, I would think more of them.

I think raising money for a good cause is a good thing regardless of how we get there. On the other hand breast cancer still hasn't been cured and how much money has been thrown at it? So I'm a bit skeptical about what can actually be done, but I think it's a good cause and am all for trying.

I know the kids from the area where that happened...rich little assholes who know mommy and daddy's money and connections can get them out of any trouble they get into.