What's with the Creepy Clowns craze ? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What's with the Creepy Clowns craze ?

Quick, look over here! No, no, no don't look over there where the serious news is happening!

- My take on clowns.

image.jpg

A complete stranger approached me on the street and told me how he saw a clown with a machete in our town. Even if I believed it, I'm not sure what would be more weird, the clown or him telling me about it.

The clowns terrorizing neighborhoods (word of mouth, I've not looked or read into it much) apparently originated in the south east and have made their way into my area, Northern Virginia, I guess. It's been all over the local papers. One thing is unanimous around here though: if a clown is seen on private property, he will more than likely leave in a body bag. People with half a brain aren't afraid, especially because most people around here live in wooded, rural areas and have more than a few guns.

I've never feared clowns, I don't understand the phobia - but to each his own. I laughed when I heard about this whole thing. It's really stupid.

John Wayne Gacy is the original. There have been copycats since. CREEEEPY, creepy creep. john-wayne-gacy-killer-clown.jpg

Reactions: dang
Apparently this is happening where I live in Europe as well. One was targeting young children near an elementary school. Sick. I hope those people doing this will run into the wrong person eventually.

Reactions: James
Reactions: acd, James and Asa
The media coverage given to this subject, both in terms of extent, and interpretation, is so undermining of those "jounalists'" discretion and judgement.

If an "consensus issue" can be manufactured from trivial silliness so easily, it undermines the foundational assumption, which supports the notion that democracy is a good thing: that the majority of people are not completely stupid.

What are those nice clowns that visit sick children in hospital going to do now?

Reactions: James

Reactions: acd and dang
The clowns terrorizing neighborhoods (word of mouth, I've not looked or read into it much) apparently originated in the south east and have made their way into my area, Northern Virginia, I guess. It's been all over the local papers. One thing is unanimous around here though: if a clown is seen on private property, he will more than likely leave in a body bag. People with half a brain aren't afraid, especially because most people around here live in wooded, rural areas and have more than a few guns.

I've never feared clowns, I don't understand the phobia - but to each his own. I laughed when I heard about this whole thing. It's really stupid.
Some people are scarred of buttons, I wonder if that's got anything to do with it?