What was the movie Project X about? | INFJ Forum

What was the movie Project X about?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
I just saw this today, its one of those found footage movies which kind of shows a party which gets out of control and it documents the steady escalation of into abject craziness, like there is a scene in which a dwarfed guy they refer to as a midget is stuffed in an oven, although I am not sure if he is almost cooked or just trapped there for a bit before he gets out, anyway I dont know if anyone has seen it or not but I wonder what its about as a phenomenon.

If you've seen it do you think its about endorsing a kind of party to death nihilism or is it kind of a critique of it in a way? Do movies like this reflect existing, actual expectations or realities and actualities or do they create them?

Also if it is any sort of reflection of reality what sort of a reality is it? Its American obviously, I think its also an upper class reality but I could be mistaken and its more of a middle class one in the US?

Reactions: Rcs6r
I guess we're not talking about the 1987 Matthew Broderick movie that has him rescuing military chimpanzees?

I guess we're not talking about the 1987 Matthew Broderick movie that has him rescuing military chimpanzees?

Nope, this is more of a hedonism/nihilism party fiasco as played out in found footage movie.

It seems to endorse and also reject a party harder/self destruct ethos, its hard to tell who is the good guys and who the bad and who in the end gets off scot free and who pays the consequences does not entirely make sense or fit any frame I'm familiar with either.

I've read some interesting contrasts between it and Ferris Bewler's day off, as in an eighties day of truanting and misbehaving is shockingly tame and academically excellent in comparison to the merry hell and tinged with darkness party generation.