What was the best album of 2012 ? | INFJ Forum

What was the best album of 2012 ?

James

Infamy, infamy.. they've all got it infamy
Retired Staff
Dec 29, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
What was the best album of 2012 ? Obviously its a personal choice. In the interests of full disclosure, I have to say I posted this the past few years and then checked out some music others posted. There were some great albums I would have missed out on. For me it was Bruce Springsteens Wrecking Ball that really stood out. I'd prefer to be naming some hot new band, so maybe its a sign of my advancing years ? I hope not. Come on you younger infjs help me out, what did I miss ? :)

View attachment 16271

I keep thinking of 2011 rap albums... :S

Well, the only album I bought in 2012 was Adele's.

Fiona-Apple-The-Idler-Wheel-cover.jpeg

Not sure about best, Mumford & Sons' "Babel" was good and sold very well.

1. Beach House - Bloom

2. Grizzly Bear - Shields

3. The Walkmen - Heaven

There's my pretentious vote.

Deftones Koi No Yokan

The only album I really got into this year was Tame Impala's Lonerism.
I liked a few songs from other albums but for the most part everything else was pretty meh.

Alt + J - An Awesome Wave was pretty good.

I'm so bad at keeping up with contemporary music, though. I hardly know anyone who is up-and-coming, either.

Oh!

Leonard Cohen - Old Ideas

It's really good!

Voted best of the year by Uncut Magazine. I totally forgot about it but, yeah, give it a listen.

http://www.facebook.com/leonardcohen

It says there about the being the best thing but it's just facebook so it'll be gone soon. Typing is super difficult right now.

I'm going to put on Old Ideas and go to bed. :p

Rush - Clockwork Angels. But really, Rush releases a new album and people here think I wouldn't vote it to the top of the list? :D

[video=youtube_share;ZcFGrWjOX0E]http://youtu.be/ZcFGrWjOX0E[/video]

Not sure about best, Mumford & Sons' "Babel" was good and sold very well.

I rarely listen to current music since I live under a rock and the radio reception isn't so good. Heard Babel recently and really liked it, the song and the album as a whole has a real good vibe to it.

Very late entrant from me (I heard it 30th December) was Nootropics by Lower Dens. Really loved great indie album imho. Happy new year all !

It's a compilation, but the Triple J Hottest 100 is a good serve of alternative/indie every year.

The 2013 countdown just finished on the 26th Jan, I'm waiting for the CD.

I don't really do albums anymore. But I liked House Set of Magical Astronomy, even though the intro is really annoying and Astronomy set 02 was incredibly annoying.

I also liked Always Yours by She, but that's a one song single.

Singles are pretty much what I do. I haven't touched a CD player or radio in about 10 years.

I just have to post in this thread to give Mumford and Sons Babel another vote. I loved their first album, and love their second even more. I was hoping that Muse's album The Second Law would beat it for top place in my world, because I've always loved them, but it actually confirmed the fact that they aren't even in y top 5 bands anymore.