What type of person is liked by everyone? | INFJ Forum

What type of person is liked by everyone?

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Most of us are probably liked by some people but not by others. But there are certain types of people who are liked by everyone, by all MBTI types.

The question is: is this ever a good thing? Which types of people fit into this description?
I mean I have always wondered, if someone is liked by everyone, to me it means that that person is:
a) Not a threat to anyone
b) Probably doesn't stand out in any way
c) Likely to not criticize anyone and is a people pleaser

That's not to say that said person is not nice, but you can't possibly be nice to EVERYONE.

I am nice to everyone. Okay wait scratch that... I will be "mean" to you if I really like you, everyone else I am nice to, because why not? I have resting smile face. It makes me feel good to be nice, especially when a person is being a cunt to me, then I'm extra nice. I mean my kids say "I'm not nice" but that is because they are kids and don't like washing their hands or going to bed so that doesn't count.

I'm sure there is someone out there that doesn't like me ... but I'm oblivious to it, so it doesn't really matter to me.

As to why everyone likes me
a) its easier to be elected into your position of power than to stage a bloody coup
b) it is possible to stand out in a memorable and good way
c) what's wrong with pleasing people? and you do realize that you can constructively criticize others in a way that helps them without hurting them and making them dislike you.

Upon rereading that post I realize that it makes me sound like a total ass :p Not my intent, I blame my Nyquil hangover for my lack of eloquence.

Basically, being liked does not make a person any less than others. There is nothing wrong with being liked by all.

Most of us are probably liked by some people but not by others. But there are certain types of people who are liked by everyone, by all MBTI types.

The question is: is this ever a good thing? Which types of people fit into this description?
I mean I have always wondered, if someone is liked by everyone, to me it means that that person is:

That's not to say that said person is not nice, but you can't possibly be nice to EVERYONE.

I'm not sure there is anyone who is liked by everyone. I think the most important thing is just to try to considerate to others, and be yourself. Then at least if people like you, its based on who you are, and if they don't, then the same thing. I think it's possible to be polite and get along with people, even if you don't agree or like each other. I think how we treat people we disagree with and dislike, is very revealing about who we are.

In a word no one. No one can possibly be liked by everyone. Even "nice" people and "people pleasers" will be reviled and not respected by some proportion of the general population. The best thing to do is just be yourself and not worry too much about how others perceive you. Even people that like or even love you will find something about you disagreeable.

Qui me amat, amat et canem meum (Love me love my dog) Attributed to St Bernard of Clairvaux (1090-1153)

Let me get this straight. Because people don't like you, you're taking this opportunity to shit-talk those who are liked? These aren't traits of a likeable person.

(edit for clarity)
The traits you listed aren't traits of a likeable person

Last edited:
I don't think anyone is liked by everyone.
I also don't think it's a good idea to aspire to being liked by everyone as it just causes undue stress.
Having a list of people whose opinion matters to me keeps me focussed on who is important to me, - and how unimportant it is to be liked by everyone.

Having said that probably isfjs are the most liked.

I disagree. I think people tend to like people who stand out in looks and accomplishments. I also notice that people who are technically E but have a high level of I (almost ambiverts) tend to have a high likability factor. Not based on anything but personal experience/observation.