knight in battle

Feb 28, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
a) Hang out with T's
b) Hang out with any Ti types
c) Play chess
d) Incessantly expose yourself to @subwayrider 's thread "Logical Fallacies"
e) Play World of Warcraft II & III for a minimum of 3 hours a day (except weekends)
f) Tetris
g) Tennis (since Ti is a spatial logic)
h) Develop manuals for chess strategy
i) Spend exorbitant amounts of time playing word games and board games
j) Research every little inch of the universe to understand it
k) Quit hanging out with emotional people
l) Read the entire Tolkien collection through every year
m) Memorize Jung's major works
n) Ignore religion, superstition, and folktales
o) Become more involved in others' emotions (since Fe is just the flipside of Ti)

Last edited:
Reactions: technics
c) Play chess

I think you should also consider the linguistic side of Ti. Ti is not only logic and numbers, but also very much about pinning down the essence of ideas and concepts. It's like clarifying the borders between ideas. Numbers and the language of mathematics is basically just a set of extremely clear abstractions without any ambiguities. That's the point where logic starts. Without it you couldn't use logic at all.

Now you can use that also for non-mathematical ideas. The mindset of a philosopher is also very strongly Ti, but is not necessarily about logic. It's like scuplting concepts.

i think i am most guilty of the non sequitur.

no wai am i fucking doing math unless it is algebra.

i like logic puzzles. i think we called it critical thinking in elementary school.

i like this website:

http://onegoodmove.org/fallacy/toc.htm

Reactions: hush
j)

Whenever you have an idea, belief, arguement- try and prove yourself wrong. This forces you to analyse your argument more impartially and strenthen your arguement by making it more solid