[INFJ] - what the hell is introverted intuition | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] what the hell is introverted intuition

chad

Regular Poster
Feb 4, 2015
MBTI
infp
ok iv read so much on ni and stil dont know what it is!,i just want to understand the proccess of thoughts ni has,this is what i know so far.....
.that ni and ne is the same in that they both unconsious,and both like to play with ideas or both like to take ideas from an object
heres what i dont understand?
.is a percieving function someone said that ni takes in bits of information or imrepssions and start to form images unconsiously
and someone said ni is not a phiosophic function as it only recognizes patterns,what does this mean?
now im an infp,and when im talking wiht someone im not thinking much that i kow but when im alone and contemplating something.i remember everyhting someone said,certain things they did then i start connecting things,an forming pictures aboutn them is this ni???
how is no different from ne,please expain step by step how theres thoughts come together as ah ha moments??

People mean different things by "Ni" and "Ne," so it is worth theorizing what exactly is the most interesting theory of these things.

In Jung's original view, the gist was that the introvert is less oriented to sensation, and more to the inner life, so for him, Ne types were people like stock-market speculators. People who had hunches towards matters of the worldly life.
Ni types were excessively oriented by the subjective factor, and akin to mystics and prophets. The idea is that Ni perceives the archetypes of the collective unconscious as the sort of equivalent of sensory objects in the inner life. They aren't things you can "define" (which is more the domain of T), but rather things you perceive symbolically through the unfolding of events.

Now it is to be noted, when I type as an "ILE," loosely based on socionics, I do not go exactly by Jung--there are points where I prefer Jung and points where modern theories improve on him, and I'd say one place of improvement is the more sophisticated view of what e/i means. Ne in my view isn't any more directed to the concrete, necessarily, than Ni (the reason is in modern theories, a lot of the Jungian e/i stuff is subsumed in S/N).