What projects are you currently working on? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What projects are you currently working on?

Sounds very sus.
Where do I sign up.
Lol. Nothing too sus, I hope.
Lol. In off-grid locations where things are growing and there's battery banks, and fuel tanks that need to be kept at certain temperatures. Yeah, kind of nice to monitor and log all that stuff over the internet. Security cameras and automated water pumps, stuff like that. Lol. Know anything about robotics?

So in the after-times, I can say I knew of the Great Unmaker, @Jexocuha :p

projects? right now I am bathing an old thorium lens in UV light so as to deyellow the glass.

that, and for the first time ever, I’m actually trying to orchestrate a Black Friday deal.

I know, these are hardly projects, but otherwise I am packing and doing ST logistics things.

Ugh,
Ian

Lol. Nothing too sus, I hope.
Lol. In off-grid locations where things are growing and there's battery banks, and fuel tanks that need to be kept at certain temperatures. Yeah, kind of nice to monitor and log all that stuff over the internet. Security cameras and automated water pumps, stuff like that. Lol. Know anything about robotics?
BD is selling/renting their Spot robots to power plants and similar to perform monitoring. Obviously not off grid, but shouldn't make a difference if the charge base is keeping a good capacity off it's source.

My latest project has been to find the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift and play it on a guitar rather than piano. I found it tonight, or it was shared with me, or whatever, as I don't read music.
The project requires a lot of practice next, and possibly some tweaking. Well on my way to understanding the music and how it goes. Happy!

Couldn't find it again this afternoon. Done that a lot.

Last edited:
Can't wait for the weekend. I'm working on one of my collection of MAC-mini's. I'm able to take them apart[nice little trick is to use a nice large paint scraper to pull the bottom from the air-tight sides], upgrade the HDDs and the memory. But what I've not done before is try to setup a software RAID.
The older MAC Minis(I'm talking models from 2009-2011ish), are EFI-booting machines. They don't have a BIOS to configure a BIOS raid. You can replace the optical drive and the mounted HDD with SSDs, and when installing the OS, I use Debian(since it boots the MAC minis right to GRUB without a fuss). In Debian you can set up software RAID, allowing you to get maximize the useage of two upgraded SSDs:

https://wiki.debian.org/SoftwareRAID

Install the mdadm package
Code:
root@localhost:~# apt-get install mdadm
Create the RAID1 array
Create disk partitions with type 0xfd. Afterwards, do:
Code:
root@localhost:~# mdadm --zero-superblock /dev/sda /dev/sdc
root@localhost:~# mdadm --create /dev/md0 --level=1 --raid-devices=2 /dev/sda1 /dev/sdc1

....etc, etc....

Although the example form the debian wiki is for RAID 1, I'm interested in RAID 0 software raid for the older MAC Minis.

Dunno, fun little project over the weekend.

Last edited:
I've got an Arduino kit, and am looking for projects that I can simultaneous practice C-programming and learning how to put microprocessors to work. This so far has been a helpful link for finding projects to choose:
https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/yeshvanth_muniraj/getting-started-with-arduino-bcb879

A very interesting project, I'd like to work up towards, is a Robotoic arm like this:
https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub/tree/robotic-arm-e5a473?ref=search&ref_id=robot&offset=5

Imagine scaling that, and being able to lift heavy water, fuel, or septic tanks on via remote... or even robot-controlled security weapons/drone blockers etc... ... a dream come true... lol

Last edited:
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

HTB1nFVBXh2rK1RkSnhJq6ykdpXae.jpg

The maximum measuring range:40M.60M.80M.100M

Measuring accuracy:±2mm
Measuring units: m/in/ft /ft+in
Laser class: Class 2
Laser type:635nm,<1mW
Area, Volume Measurement: Yes
Secondary Pythagorean:Yes
Indirect Pythagorean theorem: Yes
Addition and subtraction: Yes
Continuous measurement: Yes
Min./max./value: Yes
Beeper: Yes
4-line display with backlight: Yes
Single distance measurement: Yes
Historical memory: 20
Button: Soft rubber buttons
Operating temperature: 0-40 degree
Storage temperature: -10-60 degree
Battery type: AAA 2 X 1.5V(Battery Not Included )

Auto laser off: 30 seconds
Auto instrument off: 180 seconds