What kind of stage plays, broadway, musical, operas do you like? | INFJ Forum

What kind of stage plays, broadway, musical, operas do you like?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What kind of stage plays, broadway, musical, operas do you like? Which ones have you seen?

Last edited:
ugh, i've seen a few and my memory is shot to hell right now. i remember i really liked my high school's take on Anything Goes. i liek musicals. went to the opera last year.

it's been too long.

I'm not exactly an expert in this but when I was in England I went to Stratford-Upon-Avon and saw two Shakespeare plays (not the popular ones-- it was Perciles and The Winter's Tale)… and they were pretty good.

They did an African theme for Pericles and A Winter's Tale happened from the early 60s through to the late 60's. I was on the promenade! For A Winter's Tale they opened the night by having the actors at a party with the promenade audience and some of them were dressed as waiters and handing out free champagne-- they started the play with a countdown to midnight-- it was super cool. At one point in the play, there was this hippie character who tossed a bag of suspicious white powder-- people were afraid to touch it but when no one was looking I picked it up. I didn't ever find out what it was-- I left it with my friend before I caught my flight. I was pretty sure it wasn't coke but my friend said that since it was actors you never really know. I'm sure that she just tossed it in the garbage… but anyways, that was my story.

If you ever get a chance, I highly highly recommend seeing a Shakespeare play in England… it was pretty cheap and overall a lot more interactive than if I had gone when some big name star was performing.

The Phantom of the Opera and The Lion King are my favourite musicals. I do love the music in Wicked too! I really really want to see Matilda! I love plays but don't go to the theatre enough... Plays at the Globe in London tend to be really good (been to see Titus Andronicus and Much Ado About Nothing which was great fun and ended with the cast doing some cool Bollywood moves). I've been to see The Homecoming by the royal Shakespeare company in Stratford which was good but I don't think I 'get' a lot that goes on in Harold Pinter plays... I'd love to see an Ibsen (Hedda Gabler)or Chekhov play because I love tragic drama (only when it's fiction).

Sounds like good fun (except the suspicious powder!!?)... I have mixed feelings towards A Winters Take because when I was in middle school I got the part of Hermione so spent much of the play being wronged or dead. I did get to come back to life as a magical statue though, so I guess it wasn't that bad!

The ones with some melancholy to them.

I'd like to see Wicked on broadway and see a Cirque du Soleil performance some day.

Seen: Phantom of the Opera, Love Never Dies, Mary Poppins, Wicked, The Lion King, Cirque Du Soleil, Fame
Missed: Cats
Maybe: Legally Blonde

Any comedy, or farce.

Some of Mozart's operas and 20thC musicals have been a hoot.

My elementary school used to go to the Met (Metropolitan Opera House in New York City) every year for about 4 years. We'd see the dress rehearsals of the operas the day before they showed. I've also seen Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.

I haven't liked any of it.

The two I've thought I might enjoy though, have been Tommy and Jesus Christ Superstar. I *might* be willing to add a Trans Siberian Orchestra concert to that list too since I've been going to their shows since 1998 ;)

Loved the Piano Lesson, Wicked, Phantom of the Opera, Othello, Sleeping Beauty, Lion King, Madame Butterfly, the Mikado, Guys and Dolls, and Marriage of Figaro.

I would Looooove to see A Winter's Tale.

Opera: I favour the parts that can be sang in mezzo-soprano and alto. I stick with classics. I'd love to see many of them... One day, one day...
From musicals I like Rocky Horror Show :D

I usually hate musicals but I went to see Sweeny Todd recently and really enjoyed it. If only all musicals contained a copious amounts of blood and gore.

Wow...well, I haven't seen all that many. If I love the music and have seen exercepts online, does that count as watching the musicals?

At the moment, I've got a few that I love (music and mostly the acting): Newsies, Cinderella, Mary Poppins, Sweeney Todd, Violet, Shrek, The Lion King, A Chorus Line, Wicked, Nine (weird, but Unusual Way really speaks to me), Legally Blonde. We've done operas in university, but I think musicals is where my heart lies when it comes to merging music and acting.

I might catch A Streetcar Named Desire in May with Gillian Anderson in it. I think it'd be good.