What issues do Conservatives find "outrageous"? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What issues do Conservatives find "outrageous"?

Sure.

Not even the ones who actually ARE placed into disadvantaged foster homes only to become a drug addict and kill someone?

Why do you assume being placed into disadvantaged foster homes leads one to be a drug addict and a killer? And why do you assume the fetus will even be placed into disadvantaged foster homes in the first place?

I'm not.
Don't be so sensitive.

So basically you're saying your point is entirely moot, mmmmkay.

I just mostly think it's interesting how your average stereotypical right-wing conservative is usually so strongly against abortion and so strongly in favor of the death penalty.

I was using that particular narrative to try to draw a connection between the unborn fetus that they want to protect and the full-grown human that they want to kill (well, except s/he's not a human anymore after we slap the 'criminal' label on him/her).

I did this in order to show the hypocrisy involved-- I wasn't saying that abortion prevents this kind of thing or that having a baby in less-than-ideal circumstances is always a recipe for disaster or that I support abortion or that you as a person I don't even know are less worthy to be on this planet than me or anyone else who is on this planet.

Reactions: This
The sacrifice of personal liberty in favor of social harmony.

It seems to me that a lot of them want to stregthen the law enforcement on the "War on Drugs" which really is ridiculous in my view, so ending the war on drugs would be an outrageous idea for them. Drugs are prevelent in our world and they always have been; since the beginning of humankind, people have used substances for spiritual practices and obviously for the intoxication.

Too many teenagers lives are being ripped away from them because of this stupid war on drugs. Teenagers experiment and we should help them instead of locking them away with felony charges that will wreck their future.

Well, if they're going to start talking about Healthcare, nothing is really safe, is it?

Food stamps
Social Security
Medicare/Medicaid
Not-for-profit/501(c)3 tax exemptions
Separation of church and state, especially if you follow the GOP primaries lately.

And you know, pretty much all of the entire Bill of Rights... What were those those Liberal, Hippie freak founders of ours thinking?!

The same founders who created a word.doc that limited federal govt as much as possible? The note that allowed America to surpass Europe in less than 200 years? Idk.

@acd , in response to women's birth control, most conservatives have a big problem with forcing a religious institution to commit something against their beliefs. On that note, many people do believe abortion is murder.

What I find outragous, is racism, greed, entitlement, and sexists. That's why I find the liberal party outrageous in general.

The same founders who created a word.doc that limited federal govt as much as possible? The note that allowed America to surpass Europe in less than 200 years? Idk.

@acd , in response to women's birth control, most conservatives have a big problem with forcing a religious institution to commit something against their beliefs. On that note, many people do believe abortion is murder.

What I find outragous, is racism, greed, entitlement, and sexists. That's why I find the liberal party outrageous in general.
Derrrrrrrrr really???
;-P

Last edited:
:( my bad

Reproductive health care sounds like a really long way of saying contraceptives, also kind of inaccurate, seeing as most contraceptives aren't used for health reasons(by most I mean not to exclude the use of the pill to regulate a women's period seeing as from as far as my male perspective has gotten me can be a pretty big deal)

The sacrifice of personal liberty in favor of social harmony.

How so? Maybe things are different where I live, but here all the conservatives want to keep as money as possible for themselves and contribute as little as possible to social infastracture. They prettty much just want to privatise everything and pay as little tax as possible.

Personal liberty and social harmony are interpendant principles. Cant have one without the other.

Reproductive health care sounds like a really long way of saying contraceptives, also kind of inaccurate, seeing as most contraceptives aren't used for health reasons(by most I mean not to exclude the use of the pill to regulate a women's period seeing as from as far as my male perspective has gotten me can be a pretty big deal)
Not wanting to get pregnant is a health reason. It's preventative. Pregnancy is taxing on the female body.. It takes a year for a woman to fully recover after giving birth.

And there are women with health conditions that would make pregnancy difficult and risky for their health....
all that aside from women taking the pill for endometrioris and polycystic ovary syndrome and excruciating periods... etc. etc..

Last edited:
Reactions: the
Hot button issues for conservatives:
  • Big Government and high taxes
  • Over-regulation of small mom and pop businesses
  • Government intrusion into religious lives
  • Special interest "rights" at majority expense
  • Replacement of family, church and community by Government
  • Doing things that are new simply to do something new, when the old way has worked fine for millions of years.
  • Overexposure of children to sex and violence
  • Human trafficing
  • Narrowing of individual liberties
  • Inability to effectively protect family, community, and country from threats
  • Lack of justice in the justice system
  • stifling of the economy by big government, big business, big unions, and organized crime.
  • ineffective education system quagmired by corrupt districts and teachers' unions
  • a culture that no longer parents its children
  • a growing lack of civility and politeness in general

^I agree with a lot of that but I would get rid of the whole 'narrowing of individual liberties' thing-- the whole idea of liberty is different for different people and a lot of conservatives are actually aggressively undemocratic about what they think that certain people should be allowed to do-- the worst ones probably being the opponents of gay marriage. And clamoring for fewer liberties in favor of 'security' and 'protection from external threats' isn't exactly a recipe for greater freedom. Also, as for 'religious freedom'-- it's usually the Cons who say things like 'how dare he wear a turban when he's supposed to be a police officer' or 'why don't we make everyone say the Lord's prayer in our schools?'.

Not wanting to get pregnant is a health reason. It's preventative. Pregnancy is taxing on the female body.. It takes a year for a woman to fully recover after giving birth.

And there are women with health conditions that would make pregnancy difficult and risky for their health....
all that aside from women taking the pill for endometrioris and polycystic ovary syndrome and excruciating periods... etc. etc..

Insurance shouldn't have to cover it unless a doctor prescribes it, Condoms, birth control and the morning after pill are all readily available and inexpensive. don't get me wrong I know there are legitimate reasons for using birth control for health reasons, but if your scared about getting pregnant then tie your tubes, or have him wear a condom.

Insurance shouldn't have to cover it unless a doctor prescribes it, Condoms, birth control and the morning after pill are all readily available and inexpensive. don't get me wrong I know there are legitimate reasons for using birth control for health reasons, but if your scared about getting pregnant then tie your tubes, or have him wear a condom.

Where can you get birth control pills without a prescription? That's news to me!

Birth control pills can be inexpensive, but as of now, you still need a doctor to prescribe them. And not everyone has health insurance that allows them to see a doctor regularly... and currently, conservative republicans have been working on shutting down Planned Parenthood, which provides low income women with exams and prescriptions to affordable birth control. (Mitt Romney said, "Planned Parenthood, we're going to get rid of that." of course then he waffled and said he just would eliminate federal funding to PP... Why??? Maybe because some of them provide abortions.. NEVERMIND the fact that PP does not receive ANY federal funding for abortions.. He would only be denying health care services to millions of women. Or maybe it's because there is a growing trend among conservative repubs in office in which they can't handle the fact that woman are able to make decisions regarding their own body and reproduction.)

The cost of birth control ranges depending on brand and device (patch, IUD)..

And birth control pills are more effective at preventing pregnancy than condoms, anyway.

I wish the pill were over the counter. It would make this all a lot easier for a lot of people... The FDA is considering doing that..

ALSO.. I know a few women who have tried to get a tubal ligation, but were told bu doctors that no one would perform the procedure unless the woman already had at least two children.
So.. that's kind of fucked.

Last edited:
I don't know why this isn't obvious to everyone, but unless you are being held at gun point and raped, pregnancy is entirely voluntary. We women are not hamsters controlled by our hormones.

^the worst ones probably being the opponents of gay marriage.
This is a lovely staw man for you to set up and knock down. Gay "marriage" is not an action. It is the classification of an action. Gays are free to love whomever they want, screw whomever they want, have committed relationships with whomever they want (and that's the way I want it). The question is not whether they can do these things, but whether society will call it marriage. It is the equivilent of saying, "It's discrimination for you to call us homosexuals. We insist you call us heterosexuals."

I do not consider myself a consider myself either conservative or liberal, but as a moderate, I have to say its the left at this time in history that harbors more totalitarian thought. It is the costant stream of issues where they simply are not content to allow for diversity of thought, but insist that others think exactly the way they do.

Reactions: MindYourHead