What is your Kinsey Scale rating? | INFJ Forum

What is your Kinsey Scale rating?

What is your Kinsey Scale rating?

• 0 Exclusively heterosexual.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • 1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual.

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • 2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • 3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • 4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual.

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • 5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual.

• 6 Exclusively homosexual.

• X Non-sexual.

• F The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, o

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Mary Shelley

Fearless & Powerful
Aug 1, 2013
MBTI
XXXX
What is "The Kinsey Scale?"

The Heterosexual-Homosexual Rating Scale, sometimes referred to as the “Kinsey Scale,” was developed by Alfred Kinsey and his colleagues Wardell Pomeroy and Clyde Martin in 1948, in order to account for research findings that showed people did not fit into neat and exclusive heterosexual or homosexual categories.

Interviewing people about their sexual histories, the Kinsey team found that, for many people, sexual behavior, thoughts and feelings towards the same or opposite sex was not always consistent across time. Though the majority of men and women reported being exclusively heterosexual, and a percentage reported exclusively homosexual behavior and attractions, many individuals disclosed behaviors or thoughts somewhere in between.
ak-hhscale2_clip_image001.jpg

If you're not sure, here's a short test.

seriously I don't need a scale to know...who does??
I remember the Kinsey report all those years ago...considered pretty steamy stuff until dr ruth came onto the scene

seriously I don't need a scale to know...who does??
I remember the Kinsey report all those years ago...considered pretty steamy stuff until dr ruth came onto the scene

The idea was to take a poll to know what the demographics are here. I don't think that every person needs to take the test to know but I assure you that there are many people who are either unsure of their own attractions or still think that it is black & white. If you know already, you would not need to take the test to vote.

oh there is voting...didn't see the poll.

It's still a little black and white for me but I seem most definitely heterosexual for the most part. *shrugs* just a tad feminine in certain areas (as my avatar might suggest).

Test tells me exclusively hetero, which I knew anyway. Although at one point in my life I wasn't certain.

I took it twice and the test didn't know what to do with me (F) .... other than tell me I'm 'unusual'... >_<

Me too. Amazing that a 15 question test can't give an accurate depiction of a person's sexuality.

Reactions: SealHammer
you should keep in mind that this test was developed in 1948.

0Exclusively heterosexual.

Reactions: barbad0s
I was expecting people to vote where they thought made sense for them rather than the test result.... but the fails are pretty funny.

5.9 here, because I don't believe absolutes exist in human sexuality.

I am likely somewhere between four and five. Out of curiosity, [MENTION=9350]sentientsixpence[/MENTION] , why is this information of use to you?

I scored Nonsexual lol

Nice advertisement.

Reactions: barbad0s
F
The test failed to match you to a Kinsey Type profile. Either you answered some questions wrong, or you are a very unusual person.
Well I am screwed.....

To be honest, I would rate myself around a 1.