What is your intuition like?

CogentPursuit

Community Member
Nov 9, 2013
MBTI
LOGIC
INTP - TiNeSiFe

Ne Intuition:

I tend to have many ideas/connections/relations and as I pursue any one of them I start to tangent and the process is like a tree that starts from root and branches out to many points. When I have reached a moment that I feel I understand something it is because I can finally see the whole tree. I am very aware of the building of the tree but the ideas that leap between the branches are all a product of my subconscious.

I don't really work in a straight line. I take different routes home so that I can understand the whole area. I try many different ways to do my work so I can know how each one can benefit me. I rarely go with the best known method until other methods had been at least considered. I don't feel I really understand any one method until I understand most of the alternate methods. This is my primary learning mode. I define it as experimentation. This is the other side of my intuition as I give it new data it does better to provide me with more ideas but it is best that the data is widespread as apposed to deep when it comes to my intuition.

My TiSi provides the deepness in topics and concepts but it is conscious and not as intuitive.

I hear Ni works in the opposite direction in that it brings many concepts and experiences together into a single point. This process is done unconsciously and the outcome is like a revelation. But does this person see all the connections that brought them to this revelation or do they have to work backward to find them?

INTJ Forum VERSION:
http://intjforum.com/showthread.php?t=136052
INTP VERSION PENDING:

Last edited:
My intuition is like a splashin' fountain - whosh-whosh-whosh! ;D hehe.

Mine feels like a lightning strike. My intuition feels almost like it has a physical sensation where my mind is grabbing and collecting energy and ideas and pulling it in together into one succinct "idea."

Mine is like a mines, unpredictable explosion - BOOM!Intuition has many forms. It is how the user utilise it.

I do not know if I am right about this because Im not sure how intuition is defined. For me though I feel as if I am pulling in data all around me. Its not like I am even trying to do this. I think of it as simply being aware of whats happening around me. Its when I direct my thoughts at a problem or question that I realize I have all this data and that it just kind of falls into place and provides me with answer. X happened this way because of y or z. X acted this way and mostly likely will do a in the future because of w x y z combined.
I honestly believe outside people who dont or cant do this would label it as esp when in reality it is simply having access to more information than most people.
Does this sou d relevant to what you are asking?

It is as though you see hundreds of images and their associations flying fast through your mind from which you build a new image that contains important parts of all of them. I don't see any order, just chaos, but a comfortable one where I feel like at home. If someone says pencil my mind thinks of a rocket-space-star-energy-life-death-decay. It is hard to explain. All of this happens with the speed of thought, almost instantly. You look at a person and you know his weaknesess, triggers, fears, real meaning behind his words. From the style of his clothes to the way he walks, shakes hand, blinks, looks in his eyes, all combined gives an almost entirely correct image of the person. Sometimes it is not what people would like to project so I usually keep it to myself. I can also feel vibrations when I walk into a place, wherever that is.

Mine feels like a lightning strike. My intuition feels almost like it has a physical sensation where my mind is grabbing and collecting energy and ideas and pulling it in together into one succinct "idea."

This.

just a feeling or idea that creeps into my mind. it feels really creepy and tickly and melty. THEN IT HAPPENZ IN REALITY

Reactions: Switchgirl
Mine is just there. It's just on all the time. No eureka, no lightning strike. No revelation (usually. An especially difficult to fathom topic may still produce revelations in the end)

It's very much a big picture that I see all at once. There's no tracing from one end to another. I suppose it's like reduction to a point, but the point is a point of context and not size or scope. And the point is the point at which you see everything and there's nothing puzzling about it (other than how the hell you're seeing it in the first place)

For me it's a sensation or feeling of something bad or good happening soon (or never lol). Especially hate those bad gut feelings. Cold shivers going along the spine... Close to deja vu feeling, kind of?

Mine is just there. It's just on all the time. No eureka, no lightning strike. No revelation (usually. An especially difficult to fathom topic may still produce revelations in the end)

It's very much a big picture that I see all at once. There's no tracing from one end to another. I suppose it's like reduction to a point, but the point is a point of context and not size or scope. And the point is the point at which you see everything and there's nothing puzzling about it (other than how the hell you're seeing it in the first place)

Kinda simple really, isn't it? :D

It's hard to describe it in words as it's mostly a feeling. It's a strong sense of awareness that I can feel in my head, chest, back, and shoulders.

It controls me a lot at times and greatly influences my decision making.. Don't know if what I'm describing is truly intuition, though.

Long periods of haziness, as though looking through frosted glass, punctuated by instants of clarity. Like I don't exist at the same time as the world, but I'm somewhere in front of it, looking over the edge, and sometimes the world comes over to tell me something important before we part ways again.

I, am the Intuition that speaketh upon you. My Intuition is Me.

I do not know if I am right about this because Im not sure how intuition is defined. For me though I feel as if I am pulling in data all around me. Its not like I am even trying to do this. I think of it as simply being aware of whats happening around me. Its when I direct my thoughts at a problem or question that I realize I have all this data and that it just kind of falls into place and provides me with answer. X happened this way because of y or z. X acted this way and mostly likely will do a in the future because of w x y z combined.
I honestly believe outside people who dont or cant do this would label it as esp when in reality it is simply having access to more information than most people.
Does this sou d relevant to what you are asking?

A subjective answer is best but an example can be helpful in putting it in context. That being said, if it is your answer it is the best answer.

The combination that INFJ seem to be applying with their Intuition and feeling fits well with the NiFe concept.

INTP - TiNeSiFe

Ne Intuition:

I tend to have many ideas/connections/relations and as I pursue any one of them I start to tangent and the process is like a tree that starts from root and branches out to many points. When I have reached a moment that I feel I understand something it is because I can finally see the whole tree. I am very aware of the building of the tree but the ideas that leap between the branches are all a product of my subconscious.

I don't really work in a straight line. I take different routes home so that I can understand the whole area. I try many different ways to do my work so I can know how each one can benefit me. I rarely go with the best known method until other methods had been at least considered. I don't feel I really understand any one method until I understand most of the alternate methods. This is my primary learning mode. I define it as experimentation. This is the other side of my intuition as I give it new data it does better to provide me with more ideas but it is best that the data is widespread as apposed to deep when it comes to my intuition.

This^^^, I always associated it with a network or tree branches of associations which go on and on. There's no end to the possible connections. I think Ne is the explorer, who doesn't see only one answer but many, and the potential for more than one response. It's very expansive. It feels like it can go in many different directions. My mind seems to work in "if, then . . . statements." If A, then B. If B, then C. But rather than logic, the idealist Fi kicks in, with "should" statements. If A, then the result be B. And if A doesn't lead to B, then "that's not fair." :D And now my mind has to adjust to the how or why behind A not leading to B.

Higly concentrated, visual, focused, precise, non articulated, but given my experience with it, i'm able to make sense of the internal happenings, in one way or another.

Intuition is like a flowing river, you can know its there.

My intuition is a quiet little fucker working in the background at all times. Doesn't say anything, doesn't do anything, only speaks up when it wants to give me a mindfuck or complicate matters.

It's the tiny, subconscious voice that says, 'have you consider this? Or this? Or what about... thiiiiiissssssss?" and then, when I dare prod it, its like I can suddenly see the whole universe before me, like one of those touch-screen maps of the planet showing complicated networks and connections, and once I get rolling, I simply cannot stop and I'm in the zone.

Sometimes, though, it does some freaky psychic shit where my conscious mind is the one probing for all the possibilities and my intuition gets all stubborn and huffy in the corner and insists that, no, this is the way it is and there is simply no question about it. It's over. There's nothing to consider. That's when it stops being a map of possibilities and becomes more like a wall that I run into repeatedly and I cannot will it away. It becomes an eerie knowing.