What Is a Good Man? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

What Is a Good Man?

I think a good man is someone who understand the consequences of his actions and chooses outcomes that are positive, not for only for himself, but for all those affected, within his own capabilities. Because of this, I believe a sociopath can be a good man, while a kind man can be a bad man. In the end though, good and bad are labels. A good man can do bad things while a bad man can do good things. Who is to say in the end, one is good while the other bad?

I think a good man is someone who understand the consequences of his actions and chooses outcomes that are positive, not for only for himself, but for all those affected, within his own capabilities. Because of this, I believe a sociopath can be a good man, while a kind man can be a bad man. In the end though, good and bad are labels. A good man can do bad things while a bad man can do good things. Who is to say in the end, one is good while the other bad?

not-so-good-6.jpg

Errrr.... really? Also did not Jesus have an unfair advantage knowing beyond a shadow of doubt God existed? ( At least in his theoretically real mind).

I think a good person, is someone who tries to find a balance in life. To try to live fairly with people, and have regard for others as well as themselves.

Says a good man. :happy:

Often, the best men (or the best people) are not the dynamic, extreme personalities that quickly coalesce into The Sphere of Influence around which others orbit. I'm honestly not sure why being "A Big Deal" should degrade goodness in a person, I mean, I don't think that's always the case. I do think that such people are usually charming and charismatic, and so it's harder to look beyond their public face; also, one may be more inclined to overlook one's niggling doubts because the person is die cast in a favorable light. Finally, a good person is modest, and so would probably feel uncomfortable in such a role.

My hard rules (that I continue to circumvent):

1. Man person should know that someone -- many someones -- are smarter than he is, more creative than he is, more anything than he is. If you remind him of this, he shouldn't get prickly.

2. If he's an asshole in any way to any man or beast, then he is an asshole. A holistic asshole. No, "yeeess, but he was yadda yadda yadda..." Maybe so, but that is part of him.

3. No good human is smug and condescending toward "lesser beings." This is simple. "Oh, you just said Mexicans are dirty people? Okay. Buh bye."

4. We are all everything we have ever done. People tell you who they are. We just like to assume that we are the exception, that they would never treat us like that!

5. Must have empathy and demonstrate kindness.

6.Cannot hide behind "type" to explain shitty behavior in general.

I think most people are pretty decent.[/QUOTE]

Errrr.... really? Also did not Jesus have an unfair advantage knowing beyond a shadow of doubt God existed? ( At least in his theoretically real mind).

The day on the cross was a bad one. Also it was just a joke.

What qualities/behavior do you think makes a man, a good man?

*disclaimer* All opinions are welcome.
Qualities: professionally successful, physically robust.
Behavior: stoic, financially provides for himself and/or his family.

In summary: a well-polished ATM.

Last edited:
Brilliance

Folly

A great deal of things rest on how people see the world. And suggestion is more than a magic trick. It creates a reality.

Tell people they're "bad" they'll be bad. Life can be brutal, cruel, cold. It takes courage to make it something better. And that's what I see you doing. Making it better.

The day on the cross was a bad one. Also it was just a joke.
I've thought about that.
I think of it this way. Imagine you are a person who apparently knows heaven exists. God and all that and you are going back. Like you know...no doubt. Nothing anyone or anything could ever do to you here would mean anything. Physical pain? Pssst...nothing. A passing discomfort.
No day in Jesus's life was bad.

Imo anyway. But then again, I don't believe the bloke existed anyway.

A great deal of things rest on how people see the world. And suggestion is more than a magic trick. It creates a reality.

Tell people they're "bad" they'll be bad. Life can be brutal, cruel, cold. It takes courage to make it something better.
True, but you're the guardian- the accelerator; I'm the critic- the brakes. You believe in people, I don't. World takes all types you know.
And that's what I see you doing. Making it better.
Not sure if you are fulfilling your destiny as a peacemaker or sincerely complimenting me so i'll believe the latter because it's more pleasant.

Tell people they're "bad" they'll be bad. Life can be brutal, cruel, cold. It takes courage to make it something better. And that's what I see you doing. Making it better.
You've touched on something here James and I dont mean @Milktoast Bandit
Being able to see past and act past what those around you may be telling you is an incredible thing. Imagine living in a town where everyone believes it is ok to enslave a specific group of people. For you or anyone to stand up against it and acquire the ire of everyone else for what you believe in is something transcendental. It is what real hero's are. Not the fake ones in the movies, real ones.

sincerely complimenting me so i'll believe the latter because it's more pleasant.

You don't need mine or anyone's compliments. But that's my observation of you on the forum. You take an interest in others and try to help for no reward.

To me that's the key to all human behaviour. I always try to acknowledge that when I see it.

Did you see that movie Hacksaw Ridge ? It's all Hollywood of course, but the true story behind it. You just couldn't make that up.

If people want to see reality, look out the window. TV is 90% bs and de e e pressing.
Incredible story. I wonder why it took so long to be brought to the masses.