What have you learned through apps? | INFJ Forum

What have you learned through apps?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
What have you learned through phone or computer apps only? Do you think it's effective? Or do you still think other learning resources are required to learn something well enough?

I think this depends on your individual learning style. If you are a visual learner, sometimes apps can be helpful. I personally haven't learned anything from apps except that attempted sexting on kik is really funny.

google maps - geography
skyview- general astronomy
first aid - self explanatory
twitter - trump (lol)
real estate app - local housing prices
reuters- news

I think the immediacy of apps can be very useful when learning. I remember using a periodic table app when I was studying chem at college.

So far, I like the language learning apps. But not sure if apps alone are enough.

Mostly I've just learned how to do more things online, though I have taught myself a lot of magic tricks, studying techniques and other things with apps.

What have you learned through phone or computer apps only? Do you think it's effective? Or do you still think other learning resources are required to learn something well enough?

- When to cut the critter's rope so it catches all the stars... Yeah it was effective, I unlocked the next level.
- What time my train/bus leaves..... Yeah it was effective, I got to my destinations in time.

The only "learning app" that I am currently using though is Mondly. It's a surprisingly well made language learning app that is Visual learner friendly. It seems to be more effective than language learning cd's or programs that I've done before.

I think you always need multiple learning sources to truly get something down. Else, what's to say that you are doing it the best/right way ?

I also tend to learn other skillsets with online tutorials. For digital content of a creative nature, you will actually learn more efficiently with those online tutorials and paid for online courses than in a school. the only difference being that schools give you a bachelors degree.... not that such a thing means much in creative industries.

I think things like google maps etc can be very useful, but I have never used them as a learning resource.

Reactions: Gaze
There's this phone app "I love hue". It presents color prisms from beginning to advanced. Teaches you how to strength hue perception. I like that it forces you to learn how to identify subtleties in color hues or tones. And it's just fun to look at colors.

share-image.jpg

Reactions: INFJ16
That I suck at computing.

Reactions: Gaze
To be honest, I learned a lot from Tinder.

Wouldn't go as far as claiming it brought me wisdom though.

Reactions: 5r6jhd
There was this one app to practice the trachtenberg system rules for mental math. I can't remember what it was called.

Logos Bible Software - An awesome application for studying the bible and related materials. It shows the original Hebrew/Greek and everything.

Onenote was my favorite app for college. Notetaking was never the same again!

Khan Academy. School has turned into xbox live gamerscore!

Wolfram alpha is also very useful

Quora - the question / answer site that turned me into a quoraholic.

Last edited: