What do you think of when you hear the term survivalist? | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

What do you think of when you hear the term survivalist?

Someone who has a non-electric can opener! (But seriously, if you don't have one you need to think about how wrong you are).

817610_1314567376102_full.jpg

Humans.

Do you call yourself a "realist" because you don't like the term "prepper" or "survivalist"? Or do you not want to tell us that you prep in fear that @the will come and rob you blind?

I'm not afraid of anyone robbing me blind

It's the government i don't trust not other civilians

I am also a realist. I plan and prepare for the unexpected, so I guess I could be called a prepper/survivalist. I don't stockpile food or anything like that. But I do have skills and items that will help me survive. I started by asking myself, "what would I do if I didn't have all of this? Food, water, clothing, stores, money, everything...what would I need to survive?" That's where the list started and the preparation began.

I don't think anything will happen but I am always prepared for the possibility. I think we take too much for granted and depend too much on outside sources to get us what we need. We have forgotten how to do for ourselves. Yes, I buy my food, clothing, etc. at the stores and I love this luxury, but if it all went away tomorrow, I wouldn't panic. I'm prepared.

And yes, preppers will be prepped for defense. I am prepped for defense. I would shoot a person trying to break into my home to steal without any questions, regardless of their reason. Knock on the fucking door and ask for what you need!
I was just offering a new perspective (not necessarily mine) and I wanted your thoughts.

My thoughts are that i beleive in self defence but i don't believe that agressive situations that cops have created are self defence situations

As for the brown case (even though this does not belong in this thread, I will address), I do agree that the police force needs to work on their communication skills in the communities that they are protecting. They need more cops on foot, building relationships with the people they work for. A good rapport can go a long way in lowering the crime rate and giving the people a reason to trust and respect police. Stellar communication skills are key. It can't fix every situation, but it is a start in the right direction.

We will never know what really happened that day, and it's unfortunate that Brown was killed but all anyone can hope for is that something positive comes from it. It usually takes a tragedy to ignite change.

Police need to be trained to de-escalate situations not to dominate civilians as if they are an occupying army trying to subdue the local populace