What do people think of the Libya situation? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

What do people think of the Libya situation?

I thought about all the Mexicans I see or come in contact with and cannot understand how oil is helping any of them, as they continue to leave Mexico and move to Amerigo. Maybe I have overlooked something.

I thought about all the Mexicans I see or come in contact with and cannot understand how oil is helping any of them, as they continue to leave Mexico and move to Amerigo. Maybe I have overlooked something.
Probably the fact that our corporations rape them of pretty much all of their natural resources other than oil, and then sell it back to them. They're basically America's commoditized little sibling. Oil is one of the few things that is still theirs.

This just in from an unclassified source:
Libyan rebels sold Hizballah and Hamas chemical shells
DEBKAfile Exclusive Report March 31, 2011, 11:24 AM (GMT+02:00) Tags: chemical weapons
tag_arrow.gif
Hamas
tag_arrow.gif
Hizballah
tag_arrow.gif
Iran
tag_arrow.gif
Libyan rebels
tag_arrow.gif

Adm.__James_G._Stavridis.jpg

US Adm. James Stavridis

Senior Libyan rebel “officers” sold Hizballah and Hamas thousands of chemical shells from the stocks of mustard and nerve gas that fell into rebel hands when they overran Muammar Qaddafi’s military facilities in and around Benghazi, debkafile’s exclusive military and intelligence sources report.
Word of the capture touched off a scramble in Tehran and among the terrorist groups it sponsors to get hold of their first unconventional weapons.
According to our sources, the rebels offloaded at least 2,000 artillery shells carrying mustard gas and 1,200 nerve gas shells for cash payment amounting to several million dollars.
US and Israeli intelligence agencies have tracked the WMD consignments from eastern Libya as far as Sudan in convoys secured by Iranian agents and Hizballah and Hamas guards. They are not believed to have reached their destinations in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip, apparently waiting for an opportunity to get their deadly freights through without the US or Israel attacking and destroying them.
It is also not clear whether the shells and gases were assembled upon delivery or were travelling in separate containers. Our sources report that some of the poison gas may be intended not only for artillery use but also for drones which Hizballah recently acquired from Iran.
Tehran threw its support behind the anti-Qaddafi rebels because of this unique opportunity to get hold of the Libyan ruler’s stock of poison gas after it fell into opposition hands and arm Hizballah and Hamas with unconventional weapons without Iran being implicated in the transaction.
Shortly after the uprising began in the third week of February, a secret Iranian delegation arrived in Benghazi. Its members met rebel chiefs, some of them deserters from the Libyan army, and clinched the deal for purchasing the entire stock of poison gas stock and the price.
The rebels threw in a quantity of various types of anti-air missiles.
Hizballah and Hamas purchasing missions arrived in the first week of March to finalize the deal and arrange the means of delivery.
The first authoritative American source to refer to a Hizballah presence in Benghazi was the commander of US NATO forces Adm. James Stavridis. When he addressed a US Senate committee on Tuesday, March 29, he spoke of “telltale signs of the presence of Islamic insurgents led by Al-Qaeda and Hizballah” on the rebel side of the Libyan war. He did not disclose what they were doing there." end of article

The first thing to do when you find yourself dug deep into a hole is to stop digging. CIA calls things like this "blowback". Guess it happens all the time. Now, let's get busy finding all those nasty weapons.
t014409a.gif

mainmap.gif

Last edited:
It appears Port Sudan has a group of folk intent on weapons smuggling, state sponsored(I did not infer which state or states). Atbarah may well be the base of operations for this smuggling ring dating back decades in existence, having contacts with terrorist organizations being hunted over the world.

Last edited:
Just some food for thought:

Italy has halted its help with the NATO-led war against Gadaffi, and will now seek to help rebuild Libya and restore the oil exporting capabilities that once supplied a third of Italy's oil. It will be interesting to see how their turnabout will be taken in Tripoli. Congress is against the USA's further involvement in bombing Libya, give or take a few folk.

Over 60 al-Qaeda militants have been busted out of prison in southern Yemen on an attack against the prison.

Turkey is standing up to Assad in Syria for his treatment of protestors, and has pulled out of his involvement in the flotilla against Israel. Israel is seeking to mend fences with Turkey to both of their benefit. Their major breakdown was caused by the flotilla and the unfortunate deaths of Turkish folk aboard one of the ships. Israel is allowing building materials, though limited, into Gaza. It would be wise to insure the use of those building materials for the general well-being of the Palestinians instead of preparing for war. Palestinians in Syria, by the way, have now joined protests after Assad's speech a couple of days ago.

I think we should only help Protestant countries. But of course they don't need it.

I loved the Sudan map. I don't know where the new country called South Sudan is going to be exactly. How and where will the divide be made? I can't wait to see their new postage stamps. According to the UN there are now 191 countries. With the South Sudan there are 192. Taiwan isn't counted as a country because the Red Chinese won't allow it. The Cook Islands are a kind of territory that is nominally autonomous but do not belong to the UN. They go through New Zealand. There are only 14,000 people in the Cook Islands. I'm sure each one regards himself or herself as very important, but most of us never think about the Cook Islands. Has anything ever happened there?

Well from news reports it appears libyan capital tripoli is nearly in the hands of the rebels. I just hope that what ever follows there can be peace and democracy for the people. It's been almost 6 months of fighting. I hope that the western governments don't try to exploit the situation, and help Libya get itself together.

Looks successful. Let's hope they can now manage the peace.

We helped train Bin Laden, if you will remember, and arm him. Abd Al-Hakim Belhadj fought with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan. He is not likely to relinquish power to anyone good. He most likely is smuggling weapons to Sinai as we speak....or to the highest bidders.

Fast forward to Tripoli: a rebel leader with ties with Al Qaeda, fighters that were broke out of prison that some are Al Qaeda, and now they have control of the munitions and hides of Tripoli....armed by the West to the tee. Another failed attempt...blowback to follow.

Last edited:
Reactions: muir
Time has its way of revealing certain truths. I am not with the world on this assault against the leader of Libya; rather against it, if I may say so here where it can reside for time. I do agree politics stinks.

I'm happy everything seems to ending for the best in Libya at the moment. Hopefully it will continue. *touch wood*

For a democracy to work, the culture must include a high percentage of literate educated people, who value the dignity of the individual and freedom of conscience.

This simply isn't true in muslim countries. They will replace their strongman governments with something resembling Turkey, where there is still no freedom of speech and various minorities are persecuted. It might be a change, but it's not really an improvement.