What Do Interesting People Talk About? | INFJ Forum

What Do Interesting People Talk About?

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
I know all you interesting people are hiding what you really talk about when I'm not there. The things you discuss when I'm not there are completely different from what you discuss when I am there.

I know that all this is going on and I accept it. I even understand it - I am boring and I'm at peace with that. But I can't help being curious. What do interesting people talk about?

Ideas, and the coming season’s fashions, dontcha know? :)

Interesting people talk about whatever topics those they are with are interested in, or have made achievements those they are with would like to achieve. They don't talk about themselves unless they are prompted, or have a good story to share. :)

There's this old adage that says that are no boring subjects; there are only boring writers.

I think it's much the same with people.

Interesting people are interesting not because of what topics they choose to speak about. They're interesting because they're fully engaged with the subject *and* their audience. Even the most fascinating subject matter can be boring if the person's heart isn't in it or they don't care about connecting to the people with whom they're speaking. And vice-versa. Even the most mundane subject matter can become interesting if the person talking about it is a good storyteller and wants their audience to care about the subject as much as they do.

Last edited:
hmm.. I'm not interesting enough to know too and is also interested on knowing what others are interested too that makes them interesting.. Hehehe:m197:

---
Actually, i talk anything and everything under the sun, moon and stars. But not in-depth, all baseline and work around what catches their attention and make them engage with the conversation, i don't want a monologue (although most times i do this LOL).

Humans, are into weird stuffs and foods. I usually start the conversation with telling them a weird story i heard from the news and then it'll just flow..

My mind is like a never ending rock concert in a sound proof room. When I speak the door to that room is opened and at that time there is no telling what shock or amazement you may hear. The concert never quits, even in the middle of the night it continues on behind the closed door.
If you ever want to talk to an INFJ, simply ask them to speak what's going on in their mind and sit back and listen like the listener of a radio broadcast.
Do be aware that if you aren't in the inner circle then the contents of their mind will be strongly filtered out and the original thoughts will be buried and hidden.
We think about anything and EVERYTHING. A mind that never stops thinking covers all ground.

Interesting people talk about things that other people are interested in and the more insightful they are regarding the topic then the more interesting they appear to be (being physically attractive is also a common distraction).

Interesting people are the ones that don't talk much - they listen well. Communication is all in the listening, not in the speaking. If one gets what is behind the communication and what is happening underneath the words and reflects this back to the listener somehow - then that person is interesting - to the listener. Interesting people can read between the lines, intuit others and communicate keeping all this in mind whilst being authentic, non judgemental and compassionate.

If one needs to be the speaker and be interesting, then interesting is whatever is interesting to the listener. It has to also be communicated in a jargon and language that is understood by the listener. I agree with @atree that if the listener is cared about during the communication then it becomes interesting to them. If the listener would rather floss a cat's teeth than listen to anything on the topic being communicated, then it's just not going to be interesting. Although, if the communication has a personal, human commentary threaded through it that everyone can relate to, it can make the boring topic a bit more palatable.

So, interesting people talk about what is of interest to the listener primarily.

For me, interesting people offer new angles or perspectives on a common or familiar topic. They don't take themselves or their opinions too seriously. Yes, they may like to argue or are passionate about their points, but they are also interested in other people, and what they have to say, and find other's views just as fascinating as their own. Interesting people are just interested in learning from others as they are about sharing themselves.

I agree with a lot of what has been said already. Something else to note, the true skill of "interesting" people is their ability to understand contexts and referential material. The more you understand your audience, the more interesting you will be to them as long as you put forth the effort to cater to them in some way. It could be negative, it could be positive. As long as you understand the circumstance and have self-awareness you can be interesting to anyone.

What do interesting people talk about, specifically? Sex, drugs, and violence. Nothing that is actually interesting, usually. It's a trick. Genuinely unique people are often overlooked as boring. Topics that are already embedded in our daily thoughts can easily be used to create interest. It's much harder to create interest in an obscure topic unless it is a shared interest. If it's known to be an obscure shared interest, it's a better topic. Niche topics have a higher emotional value but are harder to discern.

the true skill of "interesting" people is their ability to understand contexts and referential material.

ding, ding, ding, we have a winner!
Jumpup.gif