What distinguishes INFJs? | INFJ Forum

What distinguishes INFJs?

TurtleTrooper

Community Member
May 16, 2010
MBTI
weird.
Hi everyone.
I'm a new INFJ on this forum, so excuse me if I'm an arrogant noob. I have something of a question for all of you. What do you think it is that distinguishes us as INFJs? Like what makes us different from the rest?
If I could guess, it would be my ability to systematically get along with everyone that I know, I don't really know how to elaborate on this just I kind of automatically get along with everyone.

again, excuse me if this is a noob question, i just want to know what other INFJs think of themselves.

thanks. I'm going to start lurking now.

I'm a new INFJ here too, but from what I can tell from myself and others here on this forum INFJs have a few key traits:
-We like to help people, in any way we can, and we usually know how to do so.
-We know things about people. We can sense emotions and even specific personality traits without knowing people.
-We don't like conflict. We aim to please, and will usually avoid confrontation.
-We usually have strong ideals, and moral convictions and find it hard to go against our moral compass.

These are INFJ tendencies, but not necessarily true for all of us. They are all true for me, at least. Most of the deeper INFJ analysis can be found around the internet if you're still wondering.

I'm a new INFJ here too, but from what I can tell from myself and others here on this forum INFJs have a few key traits:
-We like to help people, in any way we can, and we usually know how to do so.
-We know things about people. We can sense emotions and even specific personality traits without knowing people.
-We don't like conflict. We aim to please, and will usually avoid confrontation.
-We usually have strong ideals, and moral convictions and find it hard to go against our moral compass.

These are INFJ tendencies, but not necessarily true for all of us. They are all true for me, at least. Most of the deeper INFJ analysis can be found around the internet if you're still wondering.

oh thanks. i guess i was looking for a more personal what being an INFJ means to you type of thing, but yeah, i can pretty much relate to all those points you just made. thanks.

Hi everyone.
I'm a new INFJ on this forum, so excuse me if I'm an arrogant noob. I have something of a question for all of you. What do you think it is that distinguishes us as INFJs? Like what makes us different from the rest?
If I could guess, it would be my ability to systematically get along with everyone that I know, I don't really know how to elaborate on this just I kind of automatically get along with everyone.

again, excuse me if this is a noob question, i just want to know what other INFJs think of themselves.

thanks. I'm going to start lurking now.
Our preferences distinguish us.

Our behaviour towards the world, I think.

Somewhat cynic, somewhat bemoaning, but still hopeful, and won't stop to change it.

We don't really stand out against other types due to differences. Every type has an aspect about them that sets them apart from the rest. I think part of the reason INFJ's appear to be disginguishable is because our function combo Ni/Fe is not readily presented to the world to see, so when it is done it seems to have a novelty value to it.

Reactions: Rogue
I think that we INFJ's have an amazing ability to feel because of our intuition and introversion. I just wrote the following in my "diary"(for lack of a better word) today, and I think it may speak to what you are asking.

I FEEL SO deeply, intensely, passionately. When I feel, I am encompassed and totally taken over by emotions. It's so hard to explain. Anyhow, I feel so intensely, that I put up many guards and use many "tools" too keep my distance from people, to protect myself from that experience. I try and keep myself from feeling, because it just consumes me, and if a relationship doesn't work, the intensity that I felt with that relationship, is turned to pain.

The more you feel, the deeper you feel, the harder you hurt. The greater your capacity for love and emotion, you also have a greater capacity for pain and heartache. So I try not to feel, cuz the pain is just so wretchingly intense. It truly is inexplicable.